AECOM Graduate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 1,167.0 interviews

Applied online83%
Employee Referral17%
HardAverageEasy

AECOM

Application

I interviewed at AECOM

Interview

In the second stage interview they asked me about how to achieve net zero in the built environment. First stage just involves typical questions, interests, experience, future goals etc and it was ok

AECOM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at AECOM

Interview

Completed an Online form with CV, then Situational judgement test, then phone interview, then face to face interview at office, then received job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your background and experience
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Bristol, England) in Sep 2017

Interview

I applied online, got a phone call and brief telephone interview with the HR person who then invited me for an interview which took place a week later. The interview was 1 hour including 15 minutes for completing a written task. The atmosphere was very friendly and very relaxed. After the interview it took 1 1/2 weeks until I got a call from the HR person telling me I didn't get the job and forwarded me the feedback from the interview panel which was very helpful for future applications.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever been in a conflict situation at work and what did you do? If you get into a difficult situation with a client what would you do?

AECOM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at AECOM

Interview

After online game testing and the phone interview (about 10 minutes) there was a group assessment centre consisting of 3 activities. Assessors watched group dynamics in the activities and there were opportunities to contribute individually as well. At the end of each activity, there was a debrief where you were expected to talk about your strengths and improvements that could have made you/the group more successful. The last activity consisted of interview questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AECOM

Application

I interviewed at AECOM

Interview

Applied via the website and was invited to an interview in the office. This consisted of a written exercise made up of 3 questions which had to be answered in 40 minutes, and then verbal question and answer. Two of the written questions were qualitative and the third required some basic mathematical ability. Received an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years time? Why this company? How could a company design a building that is 100% carbon neutral in 10 years time?
1 person found this interview helpful

AECOM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at AECOM

Interview

After passing the traditional stages (CV, cover letter, essays, numerical assessment, video interview), I had been contacted for face-to-face interviews. I had 2 rounds of interviews within 2 weeks, with various members of the team, all of them being friendly and relaxed though professional, and putting me easily at ease. The structure was similar for both: they presented themselves and the position, asked me to present myself, and asked questions. Around 30min for each interview. I also had, for the last interview, to bring some written pieces of my work.

Interview Questions
  • - Talk about an urban regeneration project in the UK - Imagine that a large residential complex is built in East London, what would you look at if you were to do a socio-economic impact assessment? - What is your biggest achievement in life? - If you were to deliver a study for a client, how would you structure your writing (ie plan)? - Why AECOM? - What do you know about our work and our projects? - Why are you suited for the position? - Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years? - How would you handle clients and their expectations? - Tell me more about yourself, what do you enjoy in life? + some more personal questions about my skills, CV, etc.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Hong Kong) in May 2016

Interview

Referred by employee and HR contacted me for an interview and written test. Written test first to be finished in 45 mins for 2 questions, then interview with one person.

Interview Questions
  • Introduce yourself, Why AECOM, Strengths and weakness, What do you like to do in free time, How do you feel about traveling for work, What do you know about AECOM
1 person found this interview helpful

AECOM

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at AECOM in Jan 2015

Interview

I applied for the job role as soon as the graduate programme opened in September 2015. received a confirmation email and then since didn't hear back for 3 months. After numerous emails, I was told I had progressed to the next stage and was sent a video interview link. After completing the video interview, I waited for 3 weeks. I Emailed back and to my disappointment, they stated the job was put on hold due to unforeseen circumstances.

Interview Questions
  • video interview: why AECOM? What experience and skills do you have relating to the role?