AECOM Structural Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 1,167.0 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

AECOM

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AECOM

Interview

Zoom interview between myself, the two heads of the department, and a former member of the department. They explained the type of work that they do, asked about my abilities based on their needs and other general topics. Everyone was kind and encouraging.

Interview Questions
  • After showing me a 3D model of one of their current projects and some general information about the project: What would be the structural challenges for this project?
    Answer Question
  • Tell me about yourself/ Introduce yourself.
3 people found this interview helpful

AECOM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM

Interview

It was nice. First of all they sent me email to record voicemail introducing yourself. Then they sent email to write a bit more about yourself and then they took my interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Manchester, England) in Dec 2018

Interview

started of with an initial phone interview, followed by a one to one interview. the intervew consisted of standard interview questions, followed by some technical questions on bending moment diagram and shear force diagram.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AECOM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM in Oct 2017

Interview

I applied online and was contacted after about two weeks by a person in HR. After this initial phone screening I had an interview over the phone with the hiring manager where I explained some of my education and experience. About one week later I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview in person. I replied with my availability. After several days with no response I followed up with my updated availability. The HR person indicated they were still "very interested" in setting up the interview. I did not hear back for another week, wherein I followed up again. I never heard anything back from the final follow up. Overall I'll take my experience as an impression of Aecom's HR and hiring practices as a whole -- I wouldn't waste your time with applying or interviewing; these people are clowns.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM (Dubai)

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and invited to meet hiring manager for interview. Interview questions are based on practical experience, technical knowledge on structural engineering from basics onward till present work experience in detail

Interview Questions
  • What is lateral torsional buckling? Does it happens on columns or beams?
  • How to design tower crane footing? What is overturning moment and stability moment?
  • How to design piles ? Difference between secant piles and contiguous piles? What are different types of testing in piles?
  • Codes used for steel structure design
  • What are different checks in post tension design review

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY)

Interview

Very comfortable interview process. Attended a recruiting event for college students in which one day was a networking event and the next morning was personal interviews. Basic questions about yourself and the classes/projects I've been involved with in school.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in Jul 2016

Interview

The management is very friendly and this made me feel not nervous during the interview. They just asked about your skills acquired and the knowledge required for this job. Just get prepared and voice out any queries regarding the job position.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience related to the post you applied for?