ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at ALDI

2,351 Interview Reviews

2.7

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

First was group interview with district managers. Then an interview with district manager, and finally an interview with a district manager and regional manager. Just be confident in your answers.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ALDI (San Bernardino, CA (US)).

Interview

2 interviews, 1 assessment, and 1 in person interview. The first two interviews are online and the assessment tests your personality. The in person interview meets with the hiring team and an executive member of Aldi.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with traveling?

How would you gain the respect of older employee?   Answer Question

Buying Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Aurora, IL (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Interviewer gave good detail about the role. Questions were very common interview questions. Interviewer took interest in my current role and tailored her questions around that. Asked to describe my daily activities.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?
      Describe your leadership style.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Outdated. Paper apps. Long lines. No chairs. 30 secs per interview. Call back same or next day. 2 interviews. Ati physical. Drug test. Paperwork. Very awkward interview by two inexperienced managers

Store Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

1st interview only about 20 mins; with DM. Wasn't expecting a 2nd considering so short. 2nd interview was over an hour; with Director of Operations. 3rd with store Manager less than 30mins.

Interview Questions

• If you were CEO at previous employment what would you change?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Germantown, TN (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

It was simple but thorough and I believe it went well. I was given a great first impression of the company and my questions were answered well and to the point

Interview Questions

• What are some goals in your life?   1 Answer

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

First interview was with two existing/soon-to-be store managers for the area. Second interview (a few hours later) was with a District Manager for the company. Having wore a coat and tie, I felt completely over dressed for the in-person interviews. Third interview was with another District Manager for the company, however, this one was by phone and not in person. She missed our scheduled phone interview appointment and ended up calling back later that day to see if it was okay to talk, which seemed unprofessional and although it was inconvenient, I made time for the short conversation. After that, it was radio silence for more than a week (from the Aldi folks as well as my recruiter). I took this as a bad sign. Finally after multiple attempts to contact, I received an email from the recruiter stating that Aldi had decided not to pursue me as a candidate any longer. This both shocked and confused me as I have experience and knowledge as a manager in grocery retail as well as boutique and big box. I was completely qualified for the position and had knowledge of their brand.

Interview Questions

• Had I shopped with Aldi before and, if so, what were my pain points with that experience?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Interview was held in the Aldi employee break room. There was a regional manager and two others with the manager. They asked me simple questions and told me about the job. Very easy.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Oak Creek, WI (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Very very surface level interview process. In fact, it was the worst interview process I have ever been part of or heard of. First "interview" was a phone screen talking about my resume, and that was it. Apparently I described my resume in a way that made them want to bring me in for the "final" interview. What ALDI doesn't do is describe the interview process. My final interview was actually a group interview. We all just sat in a room until someone from the Divisional leadership team came and grabbed you to "interview" you. Again, all questions were surface level and honestly seemed like a high school job interview. Each person I interviewed with just read off my resume, and then asked if I had questions. It was truly a disappointing process. Hiring for such a high level position, but putting such minimal effort around actually getting people through is not a good look for ALDI. I believe they get away with it because they pretty much only hire kids straight out of big name colleges, and those graduates don't know any different.

I encourage ALDI to look at how they hire. You want diversity? Quit looking at the University, and GPA, and start looking at real life experience. Just because someone got a business degree from a huge university does not by any means mean they are going to be a good leader. Going through the interview process, and seeing all the leaders, it showed me that diversity is not something ALDI wants, or is trying to do. Every single leader I interviewed with had almost identical stories on how they got to ALDI, and frankly it was a huge disappointment hearing how shallow and non-developmental those stories were. ALDI has huge potential, but if they continue to put leaders that come from the same place with the same background, and have the same surface level mindset, they will never progress with where the world is going.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?

All questions were very closed, non-thought provoking, and super surface level. Very disappointed in the questions being asked.   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Oak Creek, WI (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Brief 15 minute 1-on-1 interview with Warehouse Manager. Questions were more personally oriented rather than Aldi-specific. Incredibly personable interviewer who eased any concern and answered all my questions. He was very transparent about the number of competing applicants for my position and they said they'd get back to me within a week regarding my status.

Interview Questions

• When was one time you did something extra on the job without being directed?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.