ANZ Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 13 Jun 2019

2.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

i am asking to have interview with brench manager right now. do not have any commonts yet. looking for some experences people had before.i did two times phone interview, first one was very good i thought, 2 weeks later my position have been filled up by internal. and second one i just kind of angry about HR of ANZ, so i said i just too tired to do any online assessments or any phone interview. then i got interview. therefore, i'd like to share my things - do not be soft to HR.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ANZ Bank

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Perth, Western Australia) in April 2014.

Interview

The initial process was fast but the assessment to employment stage is quite slow.

Interview Questions

• If there was a long line of customers, they're getting quite agitated and the person in front of you keeps on chatting away.How would you deal with the situation?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to obtain a higher salary than what was advertised. I outlined my previous experience and also my knowledge of another language.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ANZ Bank in November 2009.

Interview

initially telephone interview with a HR rep.
    I was asked what I knew about this role, why ANZ etc.
    then i was invited to an face to face interview with a HR rep, who asked me behavioural questions, and also on the same day I had to an IQ/intelligence test - sequences and patterns, and mathematical questions.
    Then that afternoon I received a call from HR to arrange a final interview with the line manager and district manager. Who asked me even more behavioural questions.
    I was given an offer the next day.
    working environment - depends on the line manager - mine is fabulous which makes my work life nice, however there's a big push for sales from upper mgmt.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Melbourne) in May 2016.

Interview

There was an online test first then got a phone call from the HR asking about my experience and willingness about the position. Week after I got a call from the branch manager to have an face to face interview with her. Interview questions were about my previous work experience within the sales and target driven environment, some behavioural questions and my future goals in ANZ. The interview lasted about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to quickly adjust your work priorities for the changing demand?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fyshwick

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Fyshwick) in May 2016.

Interview

online assessment, Received a call from Melbourne recruitment office for a phone interview.It took 15 mins to done the phone interview. Make sure you find a quite place and be prepared to given example for each question.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Melbourne).

Interview

Had to do the general online tests before face to face interview with the branch manager and assistant branch manager. Interview was smooth, mainly about previous sales and customer service experience. Other than that was the general why do you want to work for ANZ/ in a bank, your career goal, etc. Set of questions to answer but mostly you just have to tell the truth and relate to past experience. The whole interview went for about 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you manage your own KPIs and how do you feel working in a more competitive, sales driven environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Melbourne) in December 2017.

Interview

Initialy I had a casual interview with the branch manger , she asked about the work history and availability? Then had the fomal interview with the branch manager and another manager, it was casual but professional.

Interview Questions

• An occasion you act as an active member? How would you responded to a change. How would you introduce new digital product to a customer?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)) in October 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with the NZ contact centre for a Personal Banker position. The interview went for a total of 2.5 hours. The process was introductions and an outline of the position, a role play with one of the assessors pretending to be on the phone, behavioural questions (using the STAR method), and a group role play at the end.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Sydney).

Interview

Got interviewed by two hiring managers, one male and one female. The interview was relatively smooth, due to preparation. If you are prepared everything will run smoothly. Be prepared to provide examples for everything you say. Back up every point you make with an example as this will strengthen your answer. Don't be afraid to take your time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here/Previous experience   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a past experience where you had a demanding schedule and something urgent came up, and how you managed to complete all tasks within the demanding time frame   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to ANZ?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question
    • What drives you to work everyday?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you consulted with your colleagues in order to come to a resolution which resulted in better team building   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Melbourne) in June 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews in total - both time with the same manager which I thought was quite strange but luckily didn't have an interview with the district manager!
    Then got a phone call on the third day saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.