ANZ Bank Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

ANZ Bank Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at ANZ Bank

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Melbourne) in January 2020.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and put forward for an architect/tech lead role based on my AWS experience.
Was asked by recruiter to sit an online test. The results of which would determine whether I made it to the interview stage. I initially declined to sit test as I had not spoken with anyone from ANZ about the role and I do not believe these tests provide any proof of capability particularly for a tech lead role. Got talked in to sitting test by recruiter.
Undertook hackerrankforwork online test consisting of 2 questions on array manipulation. I believe I answered one question correctly.
Notified by email from a donotreply address that I had not been successful in proceeding to the next round.
Was not given my score, any feedback or even spoke with anyone from the ANZ.
Will never sit another test for or apply for another job at ANZ.

Interview Questions

• Online hackerrankforwork test on array manipulation.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ANZ Bank

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There were 3 round s of interview process.

1st was online test, 2nd was technical discussion and 3rd was also a f2f technical discussion.
    The questions were related to puzzle s,data structure and algorithms.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2019.

Interview

Design, Program (coding exercises) and puzzles. Face to face interview is a must. First round was coding round, second round was design round and third round they gave some situations and asked me to solve it. All the while it was good experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Melbourne) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online for the position Software Engineer which was available at various levels (Junior/mid/senior).
    Job description was very generic for this role.
    I got a mail after 1 month with successful progress to next stage of the interview which is phone interview for 30 minutes followed by code challenge for 2 hrs.
    I got phone interview scheduled after 3 weeks. Phone interview was inappropriate to the role I applied for.Interviewer was bit rude. The questions were about OS Threads,Time complexity for search using hash table, difference between HDD and SSD, virtualization memory leaks,dns,API,try keyword,Code review,and some behaviour questions.
    I didn't get any questions related to software development.
    Code challenge was easy but I couldn't solve it better as I was not able to do well during my phone interview.
    I was waiting for the result of interview for more than a month.
    Recently I got a mail that I'm not progressing to next stage.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)) in April 2019.

Interview

Let me take an interesting task in Interview. The students were divided into several groups. We got a task to build a city with LEGO, the product owner would change requirements in 4 rounds.
    My role and contribution:
    We were divided into some groups with 6 people, every group must hand over their LEGO product with 10 minutes. At first, our teammates were in a confusing situation, nobody stood up to organize. I stood up to guide teammates to ask them what they want to do in the task, to be a builder or a designer. After this talk, I suggested us to start up and build them with the Lego quickly.
    During the last three rounds, I quickly guided our team to start their different roles and the result was that we placed 1st out of 6 groups.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join ANZ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ANZ Bank in February 2019.

Interview

3 step process.
    First step is a coding challenge that was very easy.
    Second step was a timed coding challenge of 2 hours, and a phone conversation with a Senior Developer. Coding challenge was a little harder, but very manageable.
    Final stage is an onsite interview of 2.5 hours. 2 hours dedicated to whiteboard algorithmic questions. These questions are not too hard, but be prepared to write pseudocode, then more language specific code. And then finally type your answer into a code editor on the interviewer's laptop. Be prepared to be pressed for time solving the problems, and then explaining the solutions to the interviewer.
    Interviewers are very focused on algorithm and data structure knowledge, and do not care much about your background or software skills outside of this. Disconcerting to not be asked any real questions about myself as a developer. Very huge focus on time complexity and O(n) time.
    Interviewers seemed bored and unprepared, and were not going to be working with me, so had no stake in whether I had a good interview or not.

Interview Questions

• Question involving manipulating and sorting lists.
      Question involving solving a puzzle.   Answer Question

ANZ Bank Response

11 Feb 2019 – ANZ

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. Please feel free to reach out to us at glassdoor@anz.com to discuss your feedback in further detail (office location etc.), so we may better target improvements.

Many thanks
    ANZ

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Sydney) in January 2018.

Interview

Face to face interview on site for an hour which included both technical and functional questions. Then interview by another co-worker mostly technical questions. Then offer received pending background checks.

Interview Questions

• General technical and domain questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

-Assessment test (You have to complete the test and send them back)
    -2 technical rounds (From basic to problem solving)
    -managerial round (Most of the questions are on current project)
    -HR discussion(Salary negotiation)

Interview Questions

• -How you achieve lazy loading without any customer experience impact.
      -Problem statements solve by closure.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

1 telephonic + 1 face to face + 1 managerial round .... Technical rounds will be manageable ... However you have to be smart while negotiating the offer....

Got a better offer....

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ANZ Bank (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2008.

Interview

Two rounds of technical interviews

Interview Questions

• All questions were technical in nature there was no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.