AQR Capital Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at AQR Capital Management

3.2

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (Greenwich, CT (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant. 2 Rounds of interviews. First round on-campus (1 interview), final round on-site in greenwich (5 interviews over the course of the day). Very smooth process and received offer notification within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Walk through resume, describe how you think about risk, what are your professional goals   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (Greenwich, CT (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screen first, get on site ask program questions, puzzles, design, the bar is pretty high the environment is tough, some people is very busy some people is not, good working environment , easy to commute by train. free lunch, fruit, snacks

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied to the job on LinkedIn. The recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. First, I had to take a Hackerrank challenge, which was on the easier side. Then, I had a phone screen with one of the engineers, which did not go very well. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract class and interface in Java?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Firstly, I got a hankrank test and I pass it. Than they told me I will get a 30 mins phone screen to check my background. I do receive the phone but that guy was so unprofessional and no patience. He told me he will have a meeting soon and the call just last 7 mins. Then I waited two weeks and ask the recruiter for the statues. Recuiter told me I need to move on. Rolf for the whole interview process. I need to check with the recuiter every step or I wont get any response. Bad experience I never met. Not recommend at all. Bad comapny will destroy your life.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a headhunter online. Consisted of a Online test that is exactly the same as the one mentioned by everyone else here. Next step was a phone screen. Fairly basic and only asked me about design and SQL schema. Next step was a pretty complicated take-home project. They say it may take up to 8 hours but the prompt is fairly vague and not very explanatory. They expect you to already know trading/investment lingo so I was already at a disadvantage. Afterwards I heard nothing back.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (Greenwich, CT (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

NEVER WASTE your time interviewing with this company.
    I was contacted by a NY based recruiter and was sent a Hacker rank test in which I performed pretty well and after That I was scheduled a technical interview with the hiring manager.I performed well on that and after that I was called onsite. Onsite interview process was very dis organized. i was interviewed by different and even more people ,as i was told in the email.Interviewers came in late.
    My all interviews went pretty well and I actually nailed every question that was presented to me.But after 2 days I got rejected without any solid review and reason.
    I was not even reimbursed for any of the travel or stay during the interview. So my advice, would be don`t waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Standard Software engineer interview Questions. Algo+ DS + Math   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management in May 2017.

Interview

DO NOT CONSIDER THIS COMPANY WITHOUT HEARING A STEP BY STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS. I was contacted by a third party recruiter for AQR. Such a waste of time. I was told that I would have a Hackerrank challenge then a phone interview then an onsite interview, which sounded reasonable. I did the Hackerrank(3 questions) then the phone interview. After that, I was told I did well but before onsite interview they want to see how I write code in the production environment so they wanted me to do a take home challenge. I asked them why I wasn't informed about this step previously, they told me this will be the LAST step before the onsite!!! I was fool that I accepted to do the take home exam. Another total waste of time. But it doesn't end here.. After the take home, they told me I should be talking to another engineer! At that point I should have understood how unprofessional they are and just end the process, however, I said, I came all the way to here, this is the LAST step before onsite and I accepted it. I was told that the interviewer will ask me about the take home exam and an algorithm question. The interviewer only asked about my projects at my current company that's it! And the FINAL breakdown.. The recuriter told me I did well in the interview and the company wants to know if I am really interested in working for the company!! Come on.. Seriously.. after spending all those hours for this unworthy company.. At that point I decided to stop the interview process and told them I am not going to move forward with them. Such a waste of time, such an unprofessional company. My advise to you is, before starting the process, ask them what you should expect and make sure they won't add additional nonsense steps. Otherwise, you'll be fooled like myself..

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I first applied through our schools college or university's job portal. Then I was invited to a interview on campus. Then after some time I was invited for an onsite at the location of the company.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a 30 minute call with someone there. They were very short and asked me questions about other parts of the company that had nothing to do with what I was applying for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (Greenwich, CT (US)).

Interview

I first, got in touch through an alumnus of my university who is currently an employee. HR contacted me and then set up a phone interview. After that they invited me for a full day of interviews. Everyone was extremely professional. The phone interview is a basic screening with questions concerning general interests, areas of current research, and on how the quantitative and analytical knowledge developed during undergraduate or graduate studies could be translated into research ideas to generate investment opportunities. The full day of interviews starts with a test of basic mathematical, statistical, CS and financial knowledge. Questions are not easy and time is short. I then interacted with different researchers from different teams. The interview focus varied from person to person. Some interviews were technical with questions on statistics and econometrics, other more general with questions on past research or career goals. Everyone was willing to answer questions on their work and on the company.

Interview Questions

• Methods to deal with heterogeneity in panel data (random and fixed effects models)   Answer Question
    • Identification of intraday shocks to security prices and trading opportunities related with them   Answer Question
    • Effect of measurement error on statistical significance   Answer Question
    • Dynamic factor models   Answer Question
    • Mean variance analysis and portfolio optimization   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.