AT&T Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 19 Jul 2018
3,457 Interview Reviews

2.7

Consulting Interview

Interview

Resume drop and then an interview. Interview questions were pretty standard followed by a case study. They were genuinely interested in my answers.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (New Orleans, LA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was over the phone. From the very beginning of the interview the process was confrontational from the interviewer. She was short with me on every turn. She made it a point to challenge every internal certification i had achieved, saying it was so odd that someone from retail would have what it takes to do this. I was so flustered, i could barely answer the questions. Then learned she had already made her decision and was going to hire someone else. She was basically interviewing me because she was required to.

Interview Questions

• Name and describe any parts of an LTE cell site.   1 Answer

Outside Plant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Daytona Beach, FL (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Mostly interested in personality and ability to get along with people
    Very few technical questions
    Friendly and Open
    Very relaxed culture
    Salary Negotiations are done by phone no direct face contact--big minus
    Thus they hold advantage over what they'll pay
    Also Corporate office may choose to reassign you to different location

Interview Questions

• To describe what kind of contribution i would bring to the company (outside what am applying for).
      Difficult to answer granted i am already applying for a position i know and   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation big minus

Outside Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Greensboro, NC (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I have applied to AT&T on several occasions before being hired this time. First you have to take a series of tests. If you qualify(not PASS, but QUALIFY) then you're scores are eligible for seven years, if not you can retest in six months.
    Once qualified you will be sent to an interview or Realistic Job Preview(RJP) with one of the managers at your potential work location. This can be either one on one or as a group, you will however get to speak to a manager individually. Here you'll be told the specifics of the job, the training etc. You may even be given a tour of the facilities.
    At the end of this RJP you're given the option to leave if not interested(of course you're staying). The interviewer will then do a one on one and if he feels you're a fit I guess he tells HR 'yes or no'. I was told its HRs decision to hire, the interviewer just says again "QUALIFIED or NOT QUALIFIED.
    If you make it pass that step you are then sent for a medical/drug screening/physical test. I've done several and failed due to high blood pressure issues, but once under control I was QUALIFIED. Its a routine medical/ drug screen however the P/T test varied each time. I know there was situps, lifting a box with differing weights several times, push ups, all kinds of things but not every time, it varied each time.
    After all that and you pass depending on the needs of the company you'll get called for training, you'll go to your work location handle all the administrative stuff and then off to training. For me I was lucky I was sent to Miami for three weeks including Memorial Day Weekend.
    Good Luck!!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Really there is no negotiating its a union shop with scheduled pay and raises graduated over five years. If you have previous relevant experience you can start at a higher rate.

Outside Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Jackson, MS (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

You will receive a call/email to take the test (which will normally cause you to have to drive MILES to get to the professional center). you will receive your results immediately. If not qualified, sorry buddy, try again. If qualified, sorry buddy, you will not hear from AT&T again....

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Answered ad in city paper for position, 30 day later call from recruiter from out of state. Discussed pay scale and terms being Temporary full time. The recruiter made a offer to AT&T on the high side of the scale because of past work experience. Then had 1 on 1 interview with project manager over the work centers to give better understanding of position and if I wanted to continue.

Interview Questions

• Interview was just Q and A on the company and the general outlook and about the job itself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had pay scale with union. I got high end with past experience.

Outside Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Plantation, FL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Apply online. Online test. Simple common sense test and personality test. Group interview with individual breakout. Initial offer, hireright background check, firm offer. Start date. So far the hireright nationwide background check is taking the longest time to complete.

Perl Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

My resume was presented to AT&T, and they declined to consider me based on my college graduation date and my employment dates, despite still being current on the relevant skills. Surprisingly, the recruiter actually admitted it to me!

This was through a staffing firm, and I've come to realize that staffing and consulting firms, whether domestic or overseas, serve as a way for companies like AT&T to conceal all sorts of unethical if not illegal practices.

For those of you who have been turned down by AT&T or are considering applying, know that they do discriminate based on such factors as age and disability, and they have no regard for business ethics.

It's a massive corporation, so I can't speak for the entirety of it. I'm sure there are some decent HR and management people there. Those dealing with staffing firm Apex Systems are not among them.

Interview Questions

• What year did you graduate?   1 Answer

Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Milpitas, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Relatively informal, in an office with the prospective manager. Not much about myself was asked, mostly talked about the potential job. The potential heavy work load was an exciting aspect of the job, not a negative.

Interview Questions

• If i was okay with the potential commute.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Cleveland, OH (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

Hiring process takes a long time. You will get a phone interview followed by two in person interviews. You may be in the room with multiple interviewers.m

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions are based on examples of customer situations and sales you made at previous jobs   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.