Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 6 Jun 2019

287 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

There were a couple of phone interviews some were technical related specifically around Java development. There was 1 in-person "interview" which was really a see you in person once for about 5 minutes with no real questions asked, although an oppertunity to answer questions. It was a new grad situation so not much needed I guess.

Interview Questions

• Describe if you would rather be an expert in a field or generalist.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. Start date even wasn't negotiable, despite a long-distance move with a move package that didn't fully cover the move.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Princeton, NJ (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

The Interview was very theoretical and no question was asked regarding my work experience. Mostly definitions were asked and I am not sure how many people remember definitions while they work.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting tool

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you faced a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

It was a very long process. Not sure what the result would be. Got offers from other companies but preferred this company over the others because of the brand value and information from the friends. Overall its was a lenghtly and delayed process.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

(1) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to job experience (15 min)
     -background
     -interest in job
     -why I fit the role
    (2) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to specific work experience (30 min)
     -work experience
     -tough situations
     -behavioral questions
     -performance questions

Salary

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

The first interview was a standard phone interview from an HR rep. Pretty basic "tell me about yourself and why you're interested in the company" stuff, just to make sure you're capable of basic human interaction. The second interview was also a phone interview but it was a case interview with a manager in the company. For the third round, they flew me out to the office location I was interviewing for. There were about 5 other candidates, and it started with a presentation about the company. Then we split up and each did 3 one on one case interviews with people in the company ranging from manager to senior executive. We flew home on the same day. I recommend studying up on business cases as the whole point of their interview process is to determine whether you can think critically and present logical, strategic solutions to the case they present you with. Don't be afraid to take your time, use a structured approach and bring graph paper in case you want to draw them some kind of visual.

Interview Questions

• "You are a head chef at a restaurant and your team has been selected to be on Iron Chef. How do you prepare your team for the competition and how do you leverage the competition for your restaurant?"   5 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

I was referred by a senior manager who worked at Accenture. A recruiter emailed me immediately the following day to set up a screening interview the following week. The screening interview consisted of a resume review, salary expectations, and skills review for the position. A week later, I had another phone interview consisting of behavioral questions and a phone case study interview. I made it to the final interview, which an onsite visit. We had a presentation on Accenture and the position details, met with current business analyst, and had 2 behavioral 1:1s interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were asked to analyze a large amount of data.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2007.

Interview

Two Case Interviews:
    Round 1: Two 45-minute case interviews with Manager or above. 5-10 minutes of quick introductions followed by 30 minute case question. Questions very from very technical in detail to back of the envelope estimations. Primary purpose is to gauge your thinking available and basic math skills. Interviewer are generally nice and casual although the questions can be tough. You don't have to be an expert in any one area but begin able to solve problems outside of the box is good thinking.

Round 2: Three - 1 hour case interviews each followed by either lunch or dinner with Senior Manager at least 1 Partner. Questions focus area include solving inter-personal relationship issues, financial case questions, account questions, etc. By this time, the crowd who you are competing against is of higher caliber.

After round 2: Formal invite to all those accepted to dinner/show/event. This is similar to other Strategy firms known as the sell event to convince you to join.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation offered. Salary rates set by corporate standard across major cities. Rates are adjusted based on business demand and location (e.g., San Francisco will be higher than Kansas City). However, if you have another offer, you can always ask although Accenture is unlikely to adjust your starting salary. Bonus can be negotiated.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2008.

Interview

Its a 3 stage process. Recruiter interview, skills based interview with a current local employee, then a final in person/personality fit interview with a Senior Manager. The whole culture is results focused, so clearly communicating specifically what results you have delivered is a strong benefit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have a fairly fixed pay structure. I would recommend aim high. Pay for new hires is average.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Case Interview. I'm still in the process. 1st I was called by HR. Then they paid for me to interview in Reston, VA. This interview consisted of 2 Case interviews with 2 non-senior Managers. I got the call back and will now have 3 Case Interviews with 3 Senior Managers. We'll see...

Interview Questions

• If you were a new airline looking to select an airport hub in the new york area, which airport would you pick and why? (EWR, JFK, and LGA)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.