Accenture Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Accenture Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 8 Jun 2019

515 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

First round interview on campus - behavioral. Very chill.
Second round interviews in their SF office. One case, one behavioral. My case interviewer was sick or had allergies or something but he was incredibly sleepy/tired/boring. Somewhat unprofessional, but he seemed sick so maybe that explains it. Second interviewer was bright, intelligent, well accomplished (grad school, mechanical engineering, stanford), a bit cocky. He was much more engaging.

The case was different that the typical case-prep cases. No calculations, mostly logical deduction and organization. Not interview-led (not very conversational). You were given a sheet of paper with the details of the case, 10 minutes to analyze it and then provide your analysis and summarized takeaways.

You'll have to do a background check before starting work.
Also they make you take a personality test.

Interview Questions

• - Time you had to implement something new
    - Time you had to learn something completely novel   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds, first one was an hour behavioral, second was an hour case and an hour behavioral. Think they try to phase you during the case interview but as long as you don't get flustered its ok.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Super laid back. I applied on campus and got an email letting me know I got the interview. There were two back to back 30 min interviews. The first was all case the second was half case half get to know me/ask questions. Sent thank you notes and didn't hear anything for a week. I got a super cryptic email from the recruiter asking to chat the next morning. On the call the recruiter offered me the internship.

Interview Questions

• The first case was more math based the second was more big picture thinking "how would you solve x problem."   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Typical consulting case interview where they present a case and you have 45 minutes to respond in a logical fashion- see any consulting interview prep guide. 3 rounds of case interviews with networking events in between.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, then a skills interview and behavioral interview. Had I passed that, I would have had an on-site confirming interview.

Never heard back from my recruiter after my 2 interviews. Pretty unprofessional to not even send a rejection email. Skills interview went well and they asked me about my past work experiences and got a feel for my technical abilities with cloud computing platforms. Behavioral interview was standard STAR Q&A but my interviewer was extremely combative and interruptive while I was trying to answer the questions and lay the situation out.

Interview Questions

• Name an accomplishment in the last year that you're proud of; name a time   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

We discussed topics related to the job. It was an easy interview, very nice office. THey also offered me water and snacks. After the snacks, I took a long nap in the parking gargage.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

live programming related to threading,design, collection framework, garbage collections.
    live programming interview on webex. it was easy. also depends on client working for in the company. Also ques related to spring for consultant level.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Standard interview process for large consulting firm. Whether you are transitioning into consulting from a different industry or are heading there straight from the classroom, the interviewer is looking to see if you are really serious about this career move – that you have researched this industry, and will want to know why you chose this industry over where you have been and all of the other choices on your plate.

Firms know you’ll probably leave – in 2-3 years, if you’re normal – and they are comfortable with that payback cycle. However, the firm loses money on you in the first 6-12 months on the job – they invest heavily in training, and you are contributing very little. It’s a risk to take someone on if they are not committed to the job – so when you answer the questions the interviewer should feel confident that you know about the industry and the company you are applying for.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I have been contacted by acn hr and I started with a first in person interview of about 30 minutes based on telling my track record and my career perspective
    After I have had other 2 interview with a senior manger and a mg director

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2018.

Interview

4-step process: 15-minute screening, 1-hour technical, 1-hour case study, 30-minute follow-up.
    Last two sessions were through HireVue (like Skype). The interviewers were both late and it looked like they were in their bedroom/home. I was in a suit so I would have appreciated the same effort. But that's cool... Kind of made me feel like the company isn't legit, but hopefully it's just because they're super easy-going.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when something you were doing wasn't working so you had to change your strategy.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.