Accenture Management Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 15 May 2019

3.2

133 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Initial communications began in October, but interviews lasted through January. I interviewed with seven different folks. After my final interview it took HR three weeks to bring me into the firm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was limited due to poor economy. Accenture pushed back, even stating that the economy is not driving appropriate market salaries.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

I had one case study involving HR and operations decisions to be made during a merger for two insurance companies. The interview lasted about an hour with the case taking up about 30 minutes and general resume questions taking up the rest of the time.

Interview Questions

• The case: HR and operations decisions for a merger between insurance companies   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

The recruiter gave a very thorough description of the review process. There would be 3 phone interviews and one in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time where you had to earn the trust of your stakeholders   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

The process started off with an initial screening interview from HR. Following this, I had two phone interviews-- the first was a skills assessment followed by a case interview. The skills interview was intense and the case interview was a little bit more relaxed. I think this was more a function of the interviewer's style. Following these phone calls, I had an in person interview where I met with two senior executives and a partner. These were mostly behavioral and went well. I haven't received an offer yet, but am hopeful!

Interview Questions

• If I were to put you into a boardroom with the CEO of company X, what would you sell?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

This is a very difficult company to get any access to, requiring a considerable effort to actually get a phone call. If you have someone who can refer you (i.e. a current employee) it makes it far more likely you'll get a call.

I found the phone screening process to about what I would've expected. It was quite extensive, with significant attention paid to all positions (a little surprising that it wasn't more focused on recent activities, but I suppose every company is a bit different). The interviewer was very professional, very specific on what they were looking for and quite forthcoming with the situation within the company regarding hiring etc.

I enjoyed the interaction and we'll see how it turns out.

Interview Questions

• There was quite a bit of probing, as expected, on the experiences within consulting which I highlighted on my resume. They wanted to know exactly what was accomplished. This was a little difficult as my previous clients are quite clear that everything I did for them was confidential and I wanted to be certain I respected that confidentiality. Fortunately, they understood the confidentiality and modified their questioning accordingly.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for a Change Management consultant role based on the advice from my friend: a former consultant at Accenture. My friend happened to know the recruiter and made sure that she looked at my resume. The recruiter admitted to me that she wouldn't have picked my resume because I didn't have enough change management experience on it, but did so upon recommendation of my friend. I interviewed with the recruiter via phone for the first round. I interviewed with a Change Management Senior Manager via phone for my second round. I interviewed with two Senior Managers in the SF Office for my final round. That was just before Christmas, so I had to wait 2 weeks to get the offer. The hardest part was getting someone to vouch for me to the recruiter to put me on the interview track.

Interview Questions

• What change management methodologies or tools have you used in the past.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for $10,000 more, additional signing bonus, and compensation for an HR certification that I was about to test for. The response was that the salaries were more science than art in the way compensation at Accenture worked, and I was able to squeeze only $2,000 more out of them. I negotiated with the recruiter, and she was very good.

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Series of three phone screens and one onsite

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you failed or did not meet a goal and advice you would give yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little room for salary negotiation

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Accenture hosted a number of networking events at which they introduced current Consultants and explained the company culture. They keep track of attendance at these events so it's crucial to attend. I submitted my resume and they invited me to a first-round interview. I had to separate, roughly hour-long case interviews. The first was a conversational case which was pretty nebulous and confusing. The second was a more quantitative case. Both interviewers were kind but to-the-point.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2008.

Interview

1. hiring manager found my resume on a job board. 2. phone screen 3. phone interview with hiring manager 4. on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions and assessment of maturity/seniority. Questions on how I dealt with project members who did not pull their weight.   2 Answers

Negotiation

The recruiter presented an offer that I declined. They bumped up the salary, I accepted.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

HR Screen, then behavioral interview with Manager, Situational Interview with Senior Manager, Business Case & Final Interview, 1:1 with Senior Executive

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be very flexible because it's a great opportunity. There's a lot ability to move and around within the organization.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.