Accenture Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Accenture Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

I got a call from HR to fix up an interview, HR scheduled a telephonic interview to be conducted in weeks time. I never received any call, after day or two HR called me again to re-schedule the interview, the telephonic interview happened this time. I heard nothing from HR for next two weeks so I thought that may be I am not selected. I got a call from HR again after two weeks saying that I have cleared the first round and wants my preferred time for second round. I cleared the second round as well, after a week I got call from HR to submit my document so that they can release an offer, I submitted all the documents and till date have not heard anything from them. I called up HR many a times but nobody bothered to give me any reason.

Interview Questions

• how do you manage conflict in team?
    how do you measure the performance of the project?
    how do you control defects?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Veru swiftly conducted. HR was very active. The Interviewers were not from the required subject area so had a hard time to explain what do I do. The immediate to be supervisor explained things in a very ambiguos manner. Was not straight and beating around the bush. He did not have any idea on what he was to interview about.

Interview Questions

• What do you currently do? I dnt understand what you do.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Partner interview is focused on Technical aspect of the projects you were working on. So for example if you were working on Java project, you would be expected to know the JAVA framework, J2EE, J2ME etc...

Case interview : How would you sell a pen (interviewer's). At the end, write an email and persuade me to buy this pen. !!!!

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a time when you have embarrassed your self in front of the team.

2. Did you have to fire someone? If you have to fire, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much..

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in September 2008.

Interview

Hired from a contract position several years ago.

Interview Questions

• Do not remember very many specifics about the hiring process other than a few interviews.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Chennai (India)) in October 2009.

Interview

One fine day i got a call from Mumbai Accenture to scheduled interview .The HR scheduled interview with out asking my available time & hours and request(ordered) to take technical round of interview over phone on Monday 5:30p for Senior Project Management Position.

Me being in Siebel for the past 5 years i just brushed up for technical interview point .I got a call on Monday 5:00p i got call from Accenture manger(Scheduled 5:30p but called at 5:00p) I accepted the call and interviewer asked project management methology,Cost constrain managment,Risk mangment,Siebel effort estimation and metrics management i answered at average level ,However ,I wonder i'm thinking that HR told me it is technical interview but interviewer is asking about management .

During Effort estimation interviewer interrupted me as ask for expected CTC i said 20 lac(As my current is 17 lac) that's it he ask "Do you have any question for me" ,I said nothing. The call is over no reply so far.

Interview Questions

• What will you do when Client doesn't approved the new functional specfication?   Answer Question
    • What will you do is resources are lack in skill set?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Interview

The position was for a data warehouse project management job with Microsoft. It was contract to hire. The technical portion was mostly involved with the data warehouse process for a migration of data from a huge source system into a star schema with multiple fact tables. I received points for speaking about the problems in performance when using a snow flaked model and how to partition using mini-dimensions. Dr. Kimball's methodology was discussed at length. We spent time on data quality issues and data profiling in particular. Reporting was glanced over as this was mostly to produce the data and data structure to pull reports.
    The project management portion was almost exclusively concerned with the use of MS Project. I got the question of "What are the best practices when using MS Project?" I had not reviewed anything on MS Project and did not do well. The best practices were all so obvious that I wouldn't have thought they were anything other than standard. All other project questions were not difficult. I would have thought they used an Agile methodology but they didn't.

Interview Questions

• What are best practices for using MS Project?   1 Answer
    • Can you provide some differences between Inmon and Kimball methodologies?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview

Recruiter was professional, up front and honest. She loved my skill set (I was a perfect match for this unique PM) but told me they like to place people ~5K lower than my current salary.

Didn't get passed on to the next step, but she did forward my resume onto other in-house recruiters

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: How many consultants have I worked with in past positions from Accenture, their names and do I know anyone at all, through friends or friends of friends working at the current (employer location) they were placing.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture in May 2010.

Interview

HR had sent me CV to the wrong department and that also an old version of my CV!! The person who took my interview was conducting it for a role which did not match the JD provided to me by HR.AFter a few minutes in the interview, this became clear. The interviewer was a nice person and took my skill details so that he could forward it to the correct department. I wrote to HR after the interview and never heard from them

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture in July 2010.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me (I am an Independent Consultant) about a contract project with Accenture. Recruiter and Account Manager conducted 2 separate phone screens/interviews. Very Professional. All went well.
    1 week later, Accenture requested a phone interview which was scheduled for 4:30 pm.
    I received a call from the Recruiter at 4:15 pm (yes, 15 minutes before the interview), who said that Accenture had just informed him that the position would be filled internally.
    Outcome: No interview. Recruiter was apologetic about Accenture's cancellation.

I recently received a call from a recruiter in NYC with a perm job opportunity at what he described as "the number 1 consulting firm in the world." I asked "Is this position with Accenture?" He said "Oh, God, no... I wouldn't do that to you."

Based on online research it seems that Accenture, like most of the top consulting firms, is plagued by work culture problems and high turnover/ "jump ship" rates.

Interview Questions

• No Questions Asked/Interview cancelled by Accenture at last minute.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in December 2010.

Interview

The interview process took three rounds. It looked like a good fit. I was offered the role, I accepted it, but they later pulled the offer back.
    Glad I did not resign from my old (and still current job).

The HR rep apologized numerous times, I felt it reflected badly on them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

See above