Accenture Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Accenture Senior Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

3.1

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed by their HR team through an initial phone screen. I was then scheduled to interview with a Senior Manager in the practice by phone, followed by an in person interview with leaders in the practice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Consulting?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Skills interview followed by situational interview. Skills interview conducted by a hiring manager to really gauge the potential match. Situational interview is canned questions which limits the interview in responding to questions and also the scope of the interview is not well defined based on the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example with role, effort, outcome about challenging situation, relationships with stakeholders, influencing others, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

All telephone interviews, but don’t know if that is normal. Each person has their own experience. Mine was from an employee referral so the skids were greased. Good luck with yours.

Interview Questions

• Normal situational kinds of questions, where they ask how you handled a specific situation.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Quite efficient. Recruiter screened and then organized an immediate conversation with the hiring manager. That was followed up with a face to face meeting and discussions with the hiring manager and HR. Then a final discussion with the Sr. Managing Director and that was it. The recruiter and hiring team were very much in synch and the process was largely smooth. The questions were relevant and probing, the discussion about the business and expectations was a little fuzzy, which told me that the business was a little unsure about its value proposition and potential.

Interview Questions

• Clients I'd worked with, types of services and consulting I felt were my strengths, my perspective in the market, competition, approach to market. Very specific to the role, without too many wasted questions or time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are many, many roles at Accenture. Ask what career track the role is in, goals, probe what the hiring manager and HR are wiling to do in the offer. When you get down to it, senior consulting and technical talent are the most valued and see more negotiating flexibility. Sales talent is expected to accept the average salary and buy into the comp plan., so it's important that the business you join have sufficient opportunity to make the target, so push on the hiring manager for details about the sales in the last year, current targets for staff, % of staff that have hit the targets, etc. If they hedge, consider it a red flag and ask more questions.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I was referred from a current employee which DEFINITELY helps. After you apply and are one of the ones contacted, this was my experience:

1. Screening call with HR recruiter- talk about role, experience, etc. Not too much into the details. DO NOT share your current or previous salary as you run the risk of being low balled (good advice for any role) Chances are this place pays a lot more than your current role anyway, but if you share your current salary, they will likely offer just a little more than what you are currently making.
    2. Call with my boss (via phone as they were in another location)
    3. 2 different calls at different times with 2 others on my team.
    4. Final call with Senior Leader Team member (main boss of the group) to assess culture fit.
    5. Offer letter.

Entire process took about 3-4 weeks. Sometimes they are slow with the follow up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to explain technical stuff to non tech person....   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Accenture in September 2015.

Interview

I have been contacted twice in the last year by Accenture recruiters both internal and external, one of which led to two phone interviews with senior people (partner level). These conversations reinforced the impression I have had of Accenture over the years but nevertheless shocked me with the overall arrogance of the people I spoke to. The internal recruiter I first spoke to was personable and positive and indicated that my skills and experience based on what he's seen over the years were exceptional. He referred me to two hiring managers, one who I realized I knew someone who had worked with him at another company so his reputation preceded him. He was distracted and unprofessional, complaining about changes to the compensation plan. He asked virtually nothing about me and talked about himself and how great his career was and how lucky Accenture was to have him. The other woman I talked to was nice, friendly but somewhat unfocused in her approach and again spent a great deal of time talking about herself and how she had acheived her role. I got the feeling that the first person had unconscious bias. Later the recruiter sent me a terse message from an anonymous email ID that essentially insulted me by saying the interviewers didn't think I had what it takes to close deals for them. I've been in this industry for a long time and had my share of interviews over the years and I can't say I've ever received such a blunt and inappropriate follow up message. It was an automated form message and I'm not thin skinned. It was just rude. It didn't matter to me since they were recruiting me not vice versa and since I am confident in my track record of working at very similar companies and selling very large deals (20 to 30m) over the years, time and time again. I was just shocked that a company this well known for their progression employment practices including increasing the number of women in senior roles, would be so haphazard in their approach.
    My second experience was more recent when another retained external recruiter called me about a similar role for which I am extremely well qualified. I agreed to talk to her even though given my last experience my interest was low. She seemed to take the same approach, looking for reasons not to include me in.the exclusive group of candidates she said she already had. I have never had a recruiter say that either in the process - it seemed to be intended to make me feel lucky that she was even talking to me and to heighten the competition. She probed into my background and then hurriedly said that unless I was doing exactly the kind of role that she was recruiting for, at this time, they wouldn't consider me (even though I have a long track record in that kind of role ). At that point, it didn't really matter as it has reminded me of the corporate culture that seems to shine through in my dealings with them.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

the process was very tight. Specifc questions were asked by each interviewer. They probed for skills and capabilities. Recruiters got back in a timely basis however it seemed like it was someone new for each follow-up

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I have been through HR screen, behavior interview , technical interview and face-to-face MD interview in New York. Every single interviewer was very professional and easy to communicate with. Now I am waiting for result. Does anybody know if HR will call if you are rejected or they will only call if they make an offer ?

Interview Questions

• Why did you change your job often?   2 Answers

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture in June 2017.

Interview

There are four stages:
    1. Initial HR screening,
    2. Skills Interview with Technical Manager,
    3. Psychometric Testing and then
    4. Final culture / fit interview with a Managing Director.
    In general it was a quick, direct process with the follow ups happening fast.

Interview Questions

• Standard 'take me through your resume' stuff, with some specifics about engaging with customers around requirements capture.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview #1: Head hunter
    Interview #2: Internal Recruiter
    Interview #3: Situational
    Interview #4: Skills

Very slow moving interview process with a lot of delay between each interview. Interviews 1 thru 3 were with bright, engaging, intelligent people. Always ask the recruiter about the background of the next person interviewing you, especially if they do not have a LinkedIn profile.

Interview Questions

• Situational Interview Question: How did you build a strong relationship with a stakeholder?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.