Accenture Strategy Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Accenture Strategy Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

3.4

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

Interview

Recruited from campus. First interview was on the phone and the second interview was in person. Standard case style interview. They were helpful in setting expectations as to what to expect and the qualities they were looking for. I thought their process was very effective to ensure they got good fitting candidates for the type of work they do.

Interview Questions

• The case question was focused on gas commodities and optimization.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The first round interview was a ninety minute video conference that included a 45 minute case and 45 minutes of behavioral questions. The person that gave the case was not the same as the one who asked the behavioral questions. It was the same format on-campus for the second round. 1 longish case and 45 mins of behavioral. Medium difficulty cases involving some graphs and/or data output in both rounds.

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Needed to network heavily to get on the fire round of interviews. There were two case studies in R1. After getting shortlisted, there were three more case studies in R2. These interviews were very interactive, more of a conversation rather than a grilling session. The interviewer would tell about the case, and then they were looking for accuracy in math (no calculators allowed), relevancy of questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• All 5 interviews were cases. These include:
      - If you were hired by the Mayor of Pittsburg and told that he needed to solve the problem of qualified people emigrating from the city, how would you solve?
      - If a top company in the chemical industry is planning to acquire #3, how would you go about evaluating the idea?
      - If you were a truck driver, would you ask to be paid by the mile or by the hour?   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

4 different interviews. Each interview was case. 30 mins for case, 15 mins of behavioral. This was a "Super Day", so a dinner was included as well to get to know MDs and SMs.

Interview Questions

• Is a case interview, based on real cases.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Case method of interview, focus is on how you approach the problem and not the solution.
    Behavioral interviews are mixed with the case interview to determine fit. There will be multiple interviews with similar formats.

Interview Questions

• Case interview for a company that wants to realign IT spend   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

case interviews - same as that for MBB, use case books, prepare your CV, be truthful and tactful. case interviews - same as that for MBB, use case books, prepare your CV, be truthful and tactful

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted application, was flown to one of their offices in the northeastern US. They took care of airfare, lodging, and meal fees. Interview was a day-long affair consisting of two interviews + a Q&A-type conversation with HR. Both were case interviews, with one more concentrated on the behavioral fit + ~15-20 case, while the other case took up the entire hour.

Interview Questions

• Technological solutions for a nonprofit looking to enhance their ability to the help the unemployed find jobs   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

During the hiring process at business school, there two rounds of two case interviews each. There were four separate interviewers, and each interview was conducted one-on-one. The cases were standard business school cases. After the first round interview, I received a call that same day notifying me that I was advanced to the second round. Three days later I went to the downtown office, and sat for two more case interviews. One of these was with a MD, who ultimately made the hiring decision. I received another call while I was on my way home that same day, to notify me that I would be receiving an offer and generally outlining the pay package. All in all, everything happens very quickly and there's not much ambiguity behind the hiring process. Those who don't receive offers generally still get a phone call to provide them feedback on their interview and how they could improve.

Interview Questions

• During each interview, I was asked some form of "walk me through your resume."   1 Answer

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through online. Received an e-mail after a few weeks for an interview. A couple weeks after the interview, I received the result by a phone call. They were very polite and helpful during the application and interview process.

Interview Questions

• Two 45min interviews, both case study interviews, and a few behavioral questions after.   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Charlottesville, VA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Not bad! Typical for consulting. 2 small case interviews, 15 min behavioral, 1 long 45 min case. Interviewers were both very nice and friendly and it really seemed like more of a conversation than anything else.

Interview Questions

• 2 small case interviews, 15 min behavioral, 1 long 45 min case   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.