Accenture Technology Consulting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 22 May 2019

2.9

121 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Consultant Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I applied to their SI analyst position through my university. My first round interview was on campus with a Managing Director. The interview itself was pretty relaxed and the interviewed simply ran through my resume and tried to get a sense of what I was interested in. My second round interview was on the phone with a Senior Manager and in that round I was asked a number of behavioral questions. Scheduling my final round interview took longer than expected since I had several conflicts come up but my recruiter was quite understanding and accommodating. I ended up doing my final round in the Arlington office almost two months after my second round interview. By this time, I was notified that they wanted to consider me for a Tech Consulting position instead of Systems Integration. The morning started out with a presentation of the company and a bit of Q&A with consultants from a few different divisions. There were two interviews in the last round and they were also behavioral questions but there was a focus on making sure that all my questions and concerns with Accenture had been addressed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were getting nowhere on a project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied at career fair and had first round of interviews. Received an email that I would need to take an online test. Took test then received email for final round of interview with partner and case interview.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with recruiters are the career fair which was what helped me get selected for the first round of interviews. The first round was very casual, the interviewer asked me about my time commitments, difficulties I've had with groups etc., typical behavioral interview. The second round was 45 mins behavioral, 45 mins case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that's not on your resume.
      Tell me about a time where you had a different idea than your peers and you had to convince them to follow your idea.   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at the campus career fair and then applied online. I was asked to complete an online screening interview. Then I was invited to an on-campus interview where we went over my resume and behavioral questions. I was invited back the same week for a case study interview. I was not invited back for the final, wrap-up interview of the week.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

There were three stages:
    1. Behavioral. You've probably done this kind a million times, same style of questions.
    2. Case based. This one is just to see your approach to a given problem and the steps you take to solve it; the focus is not on your technical ability as much as it is your ability to plan a feasible solution.
    3. Confirm (technically this occurs directly following the case interview). Like any company should, this is to get an idea of how you feel about coming to work for the company--are you really into it, or are you not feeling the role? Up to you.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had conflict within a team and how you went about solving it.   1 Answer

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university and the process was fast, smooth, and lasted 2 weeks. The entire process was behavioral questions. I had one screen on campus, one interview with one Managing Director on site, and a giant onsite day with peers from universities in my area. The onsite day consisted of 3 interviews with 3 different Managing Directors who mostly asked questions to determine culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group setting and problems that arose and how you solved them.   1 Answer

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Started with an e-mail asking me to complete a Video Assessment in which I recorded myself responding to the "Why Accenture" question. This lead to a Screening Phone Interview with my recruiter then had a Behavioral Interview via Phone and finally I had a back-to-back Case Interview then Confirming Interview. Did most of my preparation on the Case interview portion and how to go about those. Confirming Interview was similar to the Behavioral Interview.

Interview Questions

• Is there anyone currently at the company that you feel you can relate to and why?   1 Answer

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

It is a typical 3-round interview. If it doesn't take place on campus, the first two will be over the phone, with the third in person. The first one is easy -- they just ask about your work experience and get to know you a little. The second is the important one -- they ask you detailed scenario questions about your work experience and hypothetical situations. eg -- so you managed a team, how would you have dealt with the problem of someone not pulling their weight? or -- so you developed a website, what steps did you take to ensure user security? and so on... The third interview, you go to the local office and meet with two or more executives (one at a time). They re-ask some interview questions. Expect a psychological curveball (ie - not paying attention to you, or annoyed by you, or rude... your behavioral response is being examined)

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had very ambiguous direction, but still had to deliver in a set time frame.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate salary... don't bother. Their figures are set in stone, and if you don't accept, there are HUNDREDS waiting in line to take your offer. Keep in mind that there are many perks that come along with working for Accenture (ie corporate discounts, airfare perks, hotel perks, etc) that seem to add up well.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

After two phone interviews, I had an interview in person at the Reston, Virgina office. The interview was with two different managers in consulting. The questions asked were the typical behavioral/situational questions. One was to explain a time when I worked in a group and took the leadership role. Another was to describe a time when I had to take multiple roles in a working situation. They also asked me where I want to go with the company. If you're interviewing for the Technical Consulting Analyst position, what they want to hear is that you want to move on to consultant, and then in to management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to take multiple roles in a working environment.   Answer Question

I don't want to be isolated to working in consulting.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

I was first approached by a recruiter at my school's career fair. We talked for a bit and she scheduled an interview for the next day with a Sr. Manager in the company. At that interview we just talked for about an hour about me and my interest in consulting and technology. She seemed to be looking for "consulting types;" mostly Type A personalities that can hold a conversation without letting it become awkward. She called me about an hour after the interview and told me I made it to the second round which would be held at the same place the next day. So I returned and this time had an hour long interview with a Senior Executive (accenture's version of a partner). We talked about my resume for a few minutes and then he started asking questions about my interests in technology and finance. We seemed to hit it off so he invited me to a happy hour he was holding with a few other accenture people at a local bar and told me that I had one more round to go just to introduce me to other Senior Executives at accenture. The final round was held in Washington, D.C. which is several hundred miles away from my school and the office for which I was interviewing. I spoke with three more Senior Executives from different concentrations and it seemed like I was interviewing them more than anything else. At the end of the day one of the recruiters asked me which group I was most interested in and sent me an offer.

Interview Questions

• (At the very beginning of the final round of interview) Ask me anything. This interview is designed for you to get to know accenture.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through how you decided to be a consultant and not a high school teacher.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiations are difficult. They will likely tell you that all compensation is based upon a formula that takes into account your school, major, and experience. The best (and possibly only) way to get accenture to budge on the initial offer is to ensure one of the Senior Executives from your interviews really likes you and you should contact them about concerns with the compensation. I was able to successfully negotiate a 15% bump in salary and a 20% bump in signing bonus. I have heard some people were successful by walking away from the offer only to be called back later, but I wouldn't suggest that in this economic environment.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.