Activision QA Tester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 21 Oct 2018

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Edina, MN (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Got there and had to wait for an interview along with dozens of other applicants. Finally got in and talked to two employees who were very nice and asked standard interview questions and talked about my resumé. Next interviewer seemed aloof and disinterested, and after that I was out there door with very little of an idea of what might happen next...

Interview Questions

• Asked me to list 3 things I'm bad at, not a totally uncommon question but still one that caught me at least a bit off guard.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Activision

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

It went well. The interview was veyr friendly and assisted me with my questions. They provided the guidelines for what the job entailed. They also detailed the full-time hiring process since most starting QA positions are temp.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to test games?   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I was taken into a small room with 5 interviewers that looked over my resume while asking me questions and explaining the work process that I would fulfill if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you come across any bugs while playing one of our games? If so, what was one and how would you go about fixing it?   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a very professional yet friendly and engaging process. It Was one on one with the project leads. It was handled very well and ran very smooth. I would recommend this process to other hiring departments.

Interview Questions

• What skills I can bring from previous work?   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviews by multiple project leads on the same day. A group of about 20 of us met in the lobby. We were then escorted to the basement and waited for project leads to call on us.

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision in May 2017.

Interview

Spoke with three people from the Quality Assurance division at the same time. The position they described was different from the job description I had read when I applied. I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a test or not, but since one of the interviewers was the head of QA, I didn't push back very hard.

I assumed the position was more general QA since the description said "this can include..." and listed various types, but when I got there, they specifically zeroed in on one (which, why not just say that on the description, I wouldn't have wasted your time...). I kinda prepped for a different experience, so needless to say, I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment in a game where you think you spotted a bug or error. (or something like that)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Activision (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2011.

Interview

It was quite easy. Only one interview and the two interviewers were really nice. They asked simple questions about the videogame industry, my interest in the job and in the videogame industry, if I had previous experiences as a QA tester. It was more like an informal chat than a normal interview. It is nice to talk to people that share your passion, and that is exactly what they are looking for, people passionate on videogames.

After this interview, they contacted me very quickly to tell me I was hired. They offered me a temporary contract for 3 months. The questions during the interview were not tricky or difficult. The work atmosphere was really nice, people were very kind and easy-going. It is a good company to work at.

Interview Questions

• Do you play computer/video games? Which kind of computer/video games do you play? How many times per week? Have you ever worked as a QA tester before?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negociation was not possible.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

First you will be giving a quiz test, after that there is a test for gauging your skills in playing games. The last step is the interview. HR manager and the relevant QA leader will interview you.

Interview Questions

• Q:Tell me about yourself
      Q :What do you know about our organisation?
      Q: What is your greatest achievement?
      Q: What kind of games do you play in your spare time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

First of all, I had a paper test for QA for an hour. After then had a gaming test to see gaming skill. The last step is an interview

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.