Airbus Graduate Thermal Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Airbus Graduate Thermal Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbus

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbus (Stevenage, England (UK)).

Interview

One day assessment center in Stevenage, consisted of a group task, business scenario which ended with a presentation, an hour long interview which was both competency and technical based, and a graduate insight which was talking to two previous candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had an innovative idea which was followed up on by others   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Airbus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Stevenage, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

After submitting the initial application and passing the online tests, I was invited to an assessment centre at Airbus Defence and Space, Stevenage. The day consisted of a logistics group exercise with a group presentation, an individual business scenario exercise with a presentation, and an interview with two Airbus employees from the thermal department. The first 30 mins of the interview was competency-based, and the second part (1 hour) was technical.

There was also an opportunity to speak with current graduate engineers in the department, and to have lunch with the assessors. Overall, the atmosphere was quite tense because there were 12 candidates competing for the same "Graduate Thermal Engineer" role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbus (Stevenage, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

I interviewed in Stevenage, January 2019. The assessment centre is pretty straight forward - a group task and an interview.

The group task is pretty simple. We had to negotiate a little robotic toy collecting 'supplies' from a certain area and delivering it to a base, incurring penalties for bumping into things. Just be yourself and get amongst it while listening and interacting with your peers.

The interview is ok. Do not bother overly researching the company, know the basics but the interview is very much a technical interview.

For me, the questions mainly consisted of thermodynamics and heat transfer, from the laws of thermodynamics, radiation and answering a basic heat transfer question on pen and paper. They will also throw a stick into the works and ask you about something you have no idea about, for me this was about a type of heat protecting layered material that they often wrap around satellites. Use your basic knowledge and figure out how it works, i did this from thinking about heat transfer through a wall with insulation in the centre. i would suggest reading 'The Laws of Thermodynamics: A very short introduction' by Peter Atkins if you haven't studied thermodynamics or heat transfer recently.

Be prepared for some simple programming questions. i got asked to write a simple code in any language on paper, i had a complete brain freeze and blanked - probably because this was the first technical question they asked me and i wasn't expecting it. The program they wanted me to write was simple, and in hindsight i can't believe i couldn't produce it on the spot, so brush up some basic coding.

Finally, the technical interview had a large focus on space related systems, orbits and the like. If you haven't studied space units in your bachelors i suggest you read 'How Spacecraft Fly' by Graham Swinerd - Expect questions about particular orbits, effects of the planet on satellites etc.

The last crucial tip i will give you is look after your body the week before the interview, i had a stinking cold and a terrible nights sleep the night before and subsequently i wasn't at my best. Have a 'stiff' night cap the night before to make sure you sleep and don't lie awake thinking questions over until 5 o'clock in the morning.

The interview is not bad, the staff are friendly and approachable. Be yourself and stay relaxed!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbus (Stevenage, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

After an initial application consisting of a CV, cover letter and answering a few questions, I attended an assessment centre in Stevenage.
    Throughout the day there were several interviews, a group working exercise and a short test (including a presentation).
    The day tested technical knowledge, personal skills and also problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.