Allen & Overy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Allen & Overy Interview Questions

Interviews at Allen & Overy

3.4

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round was a 3 person panel, and the following round (a few weeks later) had three different panels, the first with one partner, the second with two partners, and the third with two associates.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I had two sets of interviews, one with the Partners and the other with the Associates. The interviews touched on my interest in joining the firm, as well as the job fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to join the firm and the particular practice group   Answer Question

Legal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Two interviews with partners and seniors associates regarding my experience. They explained what they do and what they expect. then they asked me to do a type of an exam or evaluation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (London, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

one round interview on case study - you just cant prepare and the texts are quite long. I cant digest all the information within this short space of time.

Interview Questions

• questions on case study. your opinion of the transaction. what issues need to be addressed   1 Answer

Trainee Lawyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allen & Overy.

Interview

A lot of scenario-based questions and the interview is awfully long. For example, tell me about a time when you hold a minority viewpoint in a group. A very thorough interview. The case study was relatively easier for me. The interviewer was very personable and guided through the case. Learned a lot from the case interview.

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 4 Business Services representatives. Took more than 2 hours. Reps did most of the talking. They were worried about if you were going to call out more so than if the personality fit and if I had the skills needed to perform the required duties. They reiterated that you needed to be available at any point to come in which could range from 7:30 AM - 8 PM which made it a tough fit, I feel, for anyone's schedule. Overall it took a long time to get through everyone and they repeated the same questions over and over again in different ways which made me feel that they didn't talk to one another beforehand or they should've had the interview as a group. They are also very concerned with appearance and require full make-up and to "look the part."

First Year Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I spoke with two partners. Conversation was easy and friendly as I had gone to the same alma mater as one of the interviewers, and I had previously summered at the same office as the other.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would be able to contribute to our team?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allen & Overy.

Interview

HR was rather nice, very gruelling interview process. Partner did not seem willing to listen and asked many hard questions. Asked to evaluate a long case study with little time to digest and formulate answers.

Revenue Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yutz (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allen & Overy (Yutz (France)) in June 2020.

Interview

Background, skills and motivation were of course focus point of the interview but with a gentle unusual touch of respect for the specifics of my life path and professional career.
    I will retain respectful people for an efficient interview.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allen & Overy.

Interview

Super friendly, lovely people made me feel at ease. I had 2 interviews, one with HR and one with a partner. They both lasted around an hour. Partner interview was a case study interview. HR interview was a future focused interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of it was going through the case study with the partner. He guided me to things I had missed. HR was situational based, fictional scenarios.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.