Amazon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 25 Feb 2017
11,223 Interview Reviews

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Human Resources scheduled a time with me. Manager called me on the phone. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I had a second interview with another manager. Most of the questions were related to product development and customer experience.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The first round was onsite. The interview was for 2.5 hours on our own computers.
    2 sections
    -one was logical reasoning with 30 questions. Also a few code debugging questions
    - second was the coding section which had 2 programs

Interview Questions

• - Given a linked list, go to the middle and reverse the second half of the list
      - Rotate the matrix 90 degrees
      6 Answers

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

VERY unprofessional interview process.

I applied with a referral in December and got an invitation to take a 7 question debugging and 24 question reasoning test. 2 days later I was invited to take a 2 coding question test. 2-3 weeks later I received an invitation to the final round phone interview. I was given about a range of a week for possible phone interview days, the last day of which was a Wednesday. I picked many available hours on each of those days, and specified that I had an exploding offer the very Thursday after that Wednesday, so that I preferred an interview ASAP. They picked my interview to be the very last day, Wednesday.

Wednesday comes, and 15 minutes after my interview was supposed to start, I get an email that my interviewer has cancelled on me. Again, I have an exploding offer on Thursday so I end up rescheduling for later that same day. 20 minutes after my NEW interview was supposed to start, I finally get a call from my interviewer. That is 20 minutes that I lose off my my total interview time because my interviewer had to be punctual to his next interview, because for some reason it wasn't important to be punctual to mine. The cherry on top was that there was constant static on the phone and my interviewer couldn't even see what I typed and had to disconnect and reconnect constantly because of technical problems on his end. Got the rejection email 1 week later.

Interview Questions

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews followed by an in-house loop that comprised of 5 separate interviews. The recruiter did a good job at preparing me on what to expect, however it took the company a long time to get back to me with their decision.

Shift Manager Interview

Interview

I had an brief interview after I met the Amazon recruitment team at a career fair. Then I had a phone interview, that lasted about a half hour. I was then asked to come to Seattle and interview with 4 different interviewers. When I arrived I was in a waiting room with 10 other people interviewing for the same role. We were all brought into a conference room and met with some one from HR. She handed out a math problem that we needed to solve in 15 minutes and that we would have to present and walk an interviewer through during our interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer escalation?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First they send you a debugging test. Then you will have a phone interview. Questions are not too difficult. Be comfortable with frequent questions from any source like leetcode, careercup or geeksforgeeks. be ready to explain time complexity and test cases.

Interview Questions

• A question on arrays. It needed Binary Search algorithm.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The interviewer was nice, he introduced himself. He asked me a couple of behavioral questions. Then some basic data-structure questions about arrays, linked-lists, hash-tables etc. Then he presented me with a coding problem that I had to code on a virtual white-board.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were asked about how I handled times where I had to miss deadlines.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one typical vetting call with a "qualifier"recruiter. I then had 30-45 minute calls with lead recruiters for all of the teams Amazon was considering me for (I think, see below). I was then sent a 20-30 minute online skills / personality assessment. I was invited in for an onsite interview and they have you fill out a detailed HR form about salary requirements and other questions that you've already been asked. The final step is to have an onsite interview with 6 separate interviewers. All of the questions are behavioral questions and they really drill you on them. Multiple follow up questions on each scenario you provide to them. I would say that I was asked on average 4 behavioral (tell me about a time that you....) questions per interviewer, so be prepared with 20-25 specific and unique situations that you can immediately reference and describe in detail.

I was torn on whether to rate this as a neutral or a negative experience. Ultimately, though, there were more negative aspects than positive. The positive piece was that every person was actually nice and I genuinely enjoyed connecting with the folks who work at Amazon. However, each process-oriented piece of the interview provided such a poor candidate experience that it tarnished the whole thing. It's a small feat to make 5-6 hours of behavioral interview questions less than torture, but I wouldn't say that that means that Amazon provides a positive interview experience.

HR was VERY clear that they would be unable to provide feedback for "compliance reasons". When a company has an interview process that requires that level of preparation and investment, candidates deserve feedback. As a recruiter, I don't believe that EVERY candidate deserves feedback (an online applicant deserves a simple rejection without feedback, there is only so much time in a day). However, if a candidate spends over half a business day onsite and is prompted to put a heavy level of preparation into the interview beforehand, we're talking about real time and real thought. Candidates deserve some sort of return on investment for that.

I never got the sense that any of the interviewers cared about me as a professional or my goals. The first indicator is Amazon's policy not to provide final-round candidates with any feedback. Another was that throughout the whole process, I was thrown from team to team and it was never clear which team I was interviewing with and, more importantly, which role I was interviewing for. The job description that HR sent me before my onsite was for a totally different team and role than the teams that interviewed me on the day of the interview. To this day, I'm not even sure which role or team I was being considered for.

Interview Questions

• Every STAR behavioral questions you can find online, prepare a response for it. And also be ready to answer 2-4 follow up questions on each behavioral question. Early on in the process, they are very concerned with asking you about your metrics: I was asked metrics oriented questions on every phone interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Two online assessments and final phone round. The phone interview was most def solvable but make sure to talk the solution through and work with with the engineer. I think that helped me get the offer.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. They asked relative questions regarding background and experience. The interviewer was nice and easy to speak with and made several notes. Started with phone interview and proceeded to two more rounds.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced during a project you worked on and how did you over come it.   Answer Question