Amazon.com Intern Interview Questions

Updated 2 Sep 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process. We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site..

idk

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in July 2015.

Interview

EU financial analyst intern. 4 round 1:1 interview. 45mins each round. both behavioral and technical ones. should be prepared if the position needs excel or SQL skill. even you can not answer all the technical questions it is not a big problem. just be honest.

Interview Questions

• specify a situation that you need to use analytical still   Answer Question
    • a experience that you reinvent a process or a project even though people are satisfied with the current status.   Answer Question
    • anything or project you have done before that you think it would be better.   Answer Question
    • Go over through the CV very detail.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2015.

Interview

I had two in person interviews back-to-back. The first one was with an engineer; he just asked me to talk to him about a project I was working on and the associated challenges, likes, and dislikes. Right after that we jumped into a coding question which I cannot say specifically due to an NDA agreement. Honestly, my solution was suboptimal however, I talked through various solutions and their advantages with him (which showed my understanding of the tradeoffs between space and time complexity). I also coded it on the whiteboard very cleanly, fast and without errors. The second interview was with a manager who asked me many behavioural questions and one simple class design question. This interview went really well. We had a great chat and I had great answers to the questions I was asked. 2 weeks later I got an email with the offer. I just want people to know that it is fine if you don't think of the most optimal solution especially for a problem whose optimal solution is very hard to code on the spot. As long as you show you are capable of engineering analysis and can code cleanly and fast you should be fine.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

The first round was a one hour phone interview. They promised to inform me about my success within few days but after all it took over two weeks for them to contact me again. Interview itself was very average and quite easy I would say.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Two on campus interviews that were on the same day. Each was one on one with an engineer from some team at Amazon. The dress code was very casual and the engineers I spoke with were very friendly and easy to talk to. Each asked one question first that was technical and I solved it on a whiteboard and then we spoke generally about the company and my own background.

Interview Questions

• Two algorithm questions that also involved data structures. Really generic Cracking the Coding Interview type stuff.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

1) 20 Minutes online coding screening Around 14 questions on debugging already provided codes. Evaluates your familiarity with programming and ability to understand someone's code, finding bug and fixing it. 2) 45-60 minutes inperson/skype/collabedit interview Evaluate the gamut of coding and algorithmic concepts from data structure to design to recursion.

Interview Questions

• Questions around 1. Version Control Software 2. Logic and math 3. Recursion 4. Data Structure and Time Complexities 5. Designing a software   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

First half an hour of the interview was about my projects and research. In the last 15 minutes or so, I was asked to code. Interviewer was very friendly but sounded busy. Once he was convinced that I knew what I was talking about, he was eager to finish.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

My interview was held on my university's campus. The process was basically two back-to-back 45 minute interviews. Both interviews had a behavioral portion on the first five minutes. The rest of was technical. The first interview dealt more with providing an algorithm to solve a problem, and analyzing the runtime complexity of the algorithm. The second interview was more focused on object oriented and design pattern questions. The interview was a overall a positive experience as my interviewers tried to provide a comfortable setting and the questions were not particularly out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• I would like to respect the NDA so I will not disclose the interview questions. I will say that if you plan on interviewing with Amazon, know your algorithms, data structures and their complexity.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Couple rounds of emails back and forth, took an online assessment online and then had a 45min phone interview as the final round of the process. Recruiter took a few days to weeks to get back to me after every stage

Interview Questions

• Typical questions you would expect in a technical interview   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

step1: apply on the Amazon's career website step2: after almost 1 moths, I have received the online test invitation(must be finished within 2 weeks) step3: 2 two weeks after I finished online test, I have received the phone interview request. step4: phone interview step5: wait 2 weeks to get a official offer after phone interview

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are quite easy, but it asks you to dig deeply into the basic idea. 1. What's the difference between pass arguments by value and inference. desirable the common use cases in your programming experience. 2. What's the difference between LinkedList and ArrayList, related insert, delete and search time complexity? When would you use them? 3. Describe your impressive project, and your role in the project. The most difficult time in the project. 4. A programming question concerning binary search tree.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.