American Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at American Express

2,133 Interview Reviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed for product roles at AMEX, it consisted of a phone screen and call with a hiring manager. First role ended up being filled while I was in the funnel but was referred me to another open role. I went thru a call w/that hiring manager and interviewed in person with multiple team members. Extremely disappointed with recruiters after this point as AMEX basically ghosted me, and I never received a response closing the loop. Unprofessional and disappointing after spending more than a month in the funnel.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

The intern hiring process was seamless and questions were both qualitative and quantitative. The questions allowed me to be honest in my experiences and understand if the company would be the right fit for my career aspirations.

Interview Questions

• What about our company makes you want to work at American Express?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Loyalty & Benefits Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Internal Amex recruiters' communication was so horrible that I never made it to the hiring manager call!

In my first phone interview, the recruiter, sounded like she was reading off a script - it was a very bizarre, awkward conversation. She also did such a poor job of explaining the role & the team and couldn't answer any of my questions about the responsibilities of the role.

After that call, I did not hear back from that recruiter or anyone via email at all. Instead, a week later, I received a phone call from a different recruiter to schedule a video interview with the hiring manager.

That interview ended up being cancelled and rescheduled at the last minute for a time that I was not available. I provided several day/time options for the rescheduled call and the recruiter proceeded to schedule the interview for a time that was not within the availability I provided.

A third recruiter then reached out on the day of to confirm if I could join the call. I reiterated that this was not a time that I was available.

Then I heard back from yet another recruiter that they would try to reschedule the interview. No apology for scheduling me at the wrong time with the hiring manager even after I had clearly provided my availability. From there, I never heard back again.

This was by far the worst recruiting process I've ever experienced - Very surprised!

U S Immigration Paralegal Interview

Application

Interview

First, Recruiter interview, Second: phone interview of 30 minutes w/Director & Manager. Then Final Round, 2 hour video conference w/Director, Manager and Attorney. Surprisedly went for a 4th interview.

Senior Analyst, Marketing Interview

Interview

Recruiter to interview moved ok. One week intervals between each step. Their applicant interface is absolutely terrible. It put me off Amex for future jobs and perhaps even from using their products. Seriously, invest in a better applicant experience like Workday or something streamlined. You probably won’t get hired here if you’re a minority. If you are, you’ll likely have to be a sorority type with a 24 inch waist who doesn’t really need a job and lives off of a trust fund. When I went in for the interview, the senior manager who interviewed me was basically a 26 year old sorority girl upgraded, living on Park Avenue, Chanel flats, total trust fund kid. Don’t even bother. I was so deflated realizing that even as an accomplished person with a Master’s degree from a reputable institution and experience with two fortune 50 companies, they won’t hire you if you don’t fit their privileged mold or deviate from it. Also they tried to low ball me into oh hey a senior analyst makes $65-70 with a masters. Are we low balling the minority candidates on top of dismissing them completely because they didn’t go to the Chapin school or Bam Nightingale or another private school in the city. I was so incensed that after the interview I looked at the profiles of all the senior managers and managers and it occurred to me that they’re all basically the same demographic. Don’t bother applying, I am serious. You will waste so much time with their outdated candidate portal, then waste your vacation days interviewing with entitled privileged trust fund sorority girls. I may actually dismiss using any Amex products because of how horrible this experience was. And to add insult to injury, I got emails that were auto generated to keep applying for more crap roles that were well below what I was qualified to do. So the sorority girls with trust funds from Chapin are senior managers and the minorities with a larger than 24’ waist are designated to be support staff or individual contributors?! Good job in hiring Amex, real good on diversity and inclusion. Maybe you can hire a minority with a Master’s to be a janitor or receptionist for 40k and have them lorded around by trust
    fund sorority girls in Chanel. Real good job on being an equal opportunity employer.

HRBP Interview

Interview

it was very great and clear to understand the interviewer who exained the very best things about the wonderful job the were hiring for this past summer. it was a very good experience for me

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Got interview through recruiter at career fair. Had an on-campus interview composed of behavorial and technical parts. Was very simple overall, nothing too hard. Was asked to code multiple times during interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Frustrating. They use an in house contractor group called Allegis Global Solutions. These reps will send you a generic email asking for your availability for a 15-20 minute call. Having had three of these in the past 6 months, they basically read off a script and ask you about your work eligibility and for you to run through your resume and provide salary expectations. I’ve yet to get to the real recruiter, so can’t speak more to next steps. Don’t get your hopes up if a “talent assessor” screens your resume and asks to schedule a call...it’s a waste of time

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

This position was Data Science Inten. There were two rounds. First was the coding test. The hiring manager come have taken one to one coding interview.

Then after there was an onsite round.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I cannot reveal the questions. However, the question were easy and medium level leetcode for the first round. 60 min to finish 2 coding questions

The onsite interview consist of one coding question (white board) and ML modeling discussion   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express in February 2020.

Interview

I gave my application to the recruiter at the career fair than a week later she reached out to schedule an interview. I set up a date and time and I was waiting for the class and I didn't hear back from her. I emailed her and nothing. I don't see this company lasting for long with recruiters like this.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.