Amgen Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor.com.au

3.1

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the hiring manager, phone screen with an HR recruiter, and then three 1-hour panel interviews with senior engineers and managers. Questions were mostly either behavioral or about my background, past work experience, interests, etc. I had the opportunity to ask many of my own questions and learn about the open position in detail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge at work and how you approached and resolved it.   Answer Question

Device Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied online, No response from the in house recruiters. Got the interview through a recruiter. A brief phone interview with the internal recruiter first followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. Then onsite interview with the hiring manager and the team. Depending on who the hiring manager is, the interviewee may end up with different members of the interview team and the level of interview difficulty. For device QA role, you may get members of Engineering interview you. But the funny thing is that for Engineering positions, QA is never part of their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe design control process. Verification vs Validation.   Answer Question

Contract Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very organized and smooth process from start to finish. It was made possible through Inventiv Health recruiter who arranged everything. Nice office and warm people. I would love to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why Amgen? Do you have experience in "Buy and Bill"? Tell me an experience in organizing events? How do you prepare for a sales call?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

It seemed like a fairly typical interview process for a corporate position: pre-screen with the recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager, a day of interviews (30 min - 1 hour) on-site with potential colleagues. The culture is very welcoming and that was clear during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement an unpopular idea.   Answer Question

GradInformation Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Amgen asks majority of behavioral questions and about your different projects and work experience from your resume. They give you some situations and asks you how would you respond to that situation. They even ask questions which focuses on leadership qualities and team work

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with situation if you had to manage too many things at the same time   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college's career website and was invited to a first round interview on campus consisting of two different interviews (both technical and behavioral questions). Invited to a super day on Amgen's campus which involved four consecutive interviews.

Finance Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for first round on campus and then invited to the campus in CA for the second round. Everyone in the company is relaxed and nice. They kickoff with a presentation then 4 30mins interview with the director and managers in the department. Overall very relaxing experience.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

Recruiter coordinated with internal team. Each was roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Met 1:1 with colleagues and future internal clients. Standard interview process. Recruiter provided feedback on following day and was followed by internal recruiting agent to review the benefits.

CDM Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

Full day of interviews located in Thousand Oaks. Three separate panels. Included cross functional representation (DM, Ops, Biostats, QA). Flew down for the day with a car pick up/return at the airport. Well- planned and well-executed with clearly informed team members. Keen interest in selecting the right candidate was shown.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions were raised around regulatory requirements spanning several areas unrelated to the role. Very confusing in the moment.   1 Answer

Graduate(Software) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amgen (Northridge, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

They only asked behavioral questions. Not one technical question. Did not have a specific team or project to recruit for, gave very generic information about the internship. Friendly interviewers with a sheet of specific questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you handled a conflict at work?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.