Appen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Appen Interview Questions

Interviews at Appen

2.4

Interview

Unfortunately, I had a disappointing experience as a candidate for a senior level US-based job. I first received a rejection letter for a position that I never applied for. Thinking there might have been a mix-up, I sent a casual and polite reply inquiring about the letter and asking that my resume make it to the correct hands. A brief reply told me that the form rejection letter was due a mistake in their ATS. There was no word as to whether I was still in the running for the job. This was no problem because shortly thereafter I received an invite for an interview for the correct job. I was delighted. I emailed with Human Resources to find a time that worked, and things were all set. At the time of the interview, I joined as planned, yet no one else was there. I knew that things often kick off a few minutes late with people moving from meeting to meeting, so I was not worried. And after about 10 minutes, I dropped a quick note to the contact in HR indicating that I was on the line and asking if the time still worked. No one ever joined the call. And I never received a reply as to why no one joined the call. Then, a few days later, I received another rejection letter from someone else in recruitment (for the correct job this time).

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Appen.

Interview

good it was fairly easy had to take a quiz to pass but it was ok after. I liked the overall process of how easy it was to get involved.

Ads Quality Rater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appen (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

It was quite simple you just filled out the form that had pretty simple staright forward questions and after that you just had to wait until further instructions about two times but after that whole procces was done you began working.

Interview Questions

• If i had experience in this type of work before?   3 Answers

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Picayune, MS (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Appen (Picayune, MS (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Everything done remotely via Whatsapp. They asked simple questions which required basic and straight forward answers. They were very flexible with the interview process and responded ina timely manner with any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel your tge person for this position? How can you be an asset to this company? What kind of experience do you have? Can you give an example of how you have been creative with your job and position in the past?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appen (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I received an initial message via linkedin. This was followed by a couple of 30-45m phone calls with the recruiter, who was a non-employee who had been hired by Appen for that purpose. After that, I had a single phone interview with the hiring manager.

Overall, it was a negative experience. The recruiter they had contracted, who ran her own business out of a neighboring city, talked about herself and her experiences and how she had placed "Director-Level" people at various companies for much of our phone time. She also consistently mentioned her career coaching business numerous times. My impression was that she didn't truly have much interest in the candidate and was potentially trying to drive me towards buying her career "coaching" services via alternately speaking positively about various non-verifiable accomplishments of her own or trying to get me to feel as though I needed her services to succeed. By the time I spoke with the actual hiring manager, I didn't feel much interest, as their hiring of a recruiter who acted so unprofessionally reflected poorly on the company to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you were proud of?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appen.

Interview

Started with a basic online qualification information, legal name verification, then a basic qualification package followed by a qualification exam (unpaid). All steps after the basic online qualification are introduced in emails with a summary of your progress.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with technology?   2 Answers

Rater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Appen (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I turned off all popup blockers and took this very time-consuming test. The links would not load correctly and so I could not answer the questions correctly. I was given a second chance to take the test and still the links in the questions would not load correctly. When I tried to talk to their support they would not help me. I have worked in tech for years. The links would show up with a link to the Rater landing page instead of the intended Ad Creative link. This was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• They want you to spend a week prepping for their proprietary test and then spend a day testing.   1 Answer

Ad Rater Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Appen.

Interview

Was invited to apply to Appen after one year. After reading pages and pages of guidelines and tasks and filling out forms I was instruct I was to complete an assessment. Here is the kicker.
    The assessment required 10-15 of UNPAID hours commitment. In what world do companies think this is ethical??? The assessment is hard and daunting. I gave up 2 hours in. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Appen (Kirkland, WA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I've got an email an hour after I applied for this position to schedule position.
    Phone screen took place with the HR manager. After phone screen went up for 2nd round.
    Gave me option to come into the office or SKYPE meeting. I've chosen SKYPE and interview took a place following week. Skype meeting was over one hour.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Appen.

Interview

There was no interview really, just filling out/ signing paperwork and information about yourself. Then waiting no specific amount of time to get a response for appen. My entire process took about 3 weeks

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.