Aristocrat Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

2.9

Sort:

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Behavioral interview, open ended questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Had an HR phone screen, then a technical phone screen, then an on-site meeting with a few engineers and a few managers. There were a few general language questions about C++ and C#, some data structures and algorithms questions, and two design questions. It was similar to the type of interviews that you would expect in the software industry. They loosely follow the Microsoft template.

Interview Questions

• Q: Design a [insert type of game] game. Write the classes on the white board.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Very lazy and lengthy process , it took the entire day ..the process of selection was painfully..you r going to fill like leave the office even thought your interview went good and you are waiting for the feedback because they took 2-3 hours just to inform how your first round went.

There were 4 round , written , two technical and manager round .

In manager round the manager asked simple questions and in what project you are going to work and how...
    Yahh but at the time when your feeling happy that you got selected but noooo the HR will came ask you to leave for the day..even when the manager asked you how you are gonna commute or what project you are going to work.
    They are selecting people on basic of who can join immediately , they are not even sure what they want.
    Pathetic experience.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview was set up with a hiring manager through an agency. It took about one day to set up the interview which was for a 6 month contract position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process went Phone Call -> On site talking with software team -> whiteboard interview.

The team seemed very nice, but the whiteboard interview turned me off completely. I felt the questions asked focused too specifically on nuances of C++ rather than higher level questions. There was no reasoning or logic to the questions, they were just simple trick questions about the syntax and semantics of C++.

Tip: going into the interview, study the syntax and semantics of virtual functions / polymorphism /etc... mostly.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? (Then give example)   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I arrived early and immediately had trouble finding parking... It was a madhouse. I thought I stepped foot in some metropolis there were people coming and going, talking, parking. I get inside... and there's no one to greet me. I am flagging everyone down walking out asking if they can help me get where I'm going. They help me find my way to the room, but no one is there. I go back to the front desk (where there's still no one to greet) and proceed to wait until someone can call who I'm looking for. I was already frustrated, I arrived early and now was 20 mins late to my interview purely because there was no one to contact, of course the recruiter is also unavailable when I call him. Finally a security guard comes in and says he was taking a smoke break and proceeds to call my 2 interviewers.
     1 of them comes out to greet me and I make a joke about the lateness and the fiasco I had just gone through and it was as though the interviewer didn't even recognize I was late... after the interview I realized the culture must allow for there to be tardiness.
    He walks me to the room that I was originally waiting in and tells me about himself/the company. I COULD NOT HEAR HIM. Not only did he have an accent, but the whole time I felt like I was listening to a mouse. I asked him to repeat himself on multiple occasions but didn't want to make the interview become centered around yet another flaw in the process.
    I begin to tell him what I do, contract administration primarily, few jit contracts, software buyer. In walks the second interviewer --very casual and informal. I get up and introduce myself, and can feel the whole time these guys think I'm "uptight." --Most people would call it professional, especially during an interview. At some point one of the interviewers told me to relax. Hmmmm.... very rude considering I feel I was being myself and answering the questions to the best of my ability. Anyway, the whole time they ask me questions that are clearly relevant to the job, but would not have been relevant to me if they had even LOOKED at my resume. I had described my experience as X and they asked Y questions --even though I told them I haven't done manufacturing, even though there was nothing on my resume that hinted at what they were asking.
     The whole thing was a mess, they weren't looking at me in the eyes. I wanted to get up and walk out. At one point there was a worker peering through the meetingroom window and my interviewers became unsure whether they still had the room (because we had started so late and the recruiter setup the room) so we walked out of the room to give the worker the space AND THEY WANTED TO FINISH THE INTERVIEW IN THE RECEPTION AREA. ARE YOU KIDDING? That's how much respect they have for people coming in to interview. Continuing to be professional, I walked out, but we immediately went back into the room when the worker disappeared. At that point I was done... we sat back down, I probably asked them one final question and said that was all I had for them.
    I have studied hospitality technology and been in the software industry, and had always looked at Aristocrat as THEE leading gaming company. In the interview I mentioned something along those lines, and the response I got from them was "I don't think it's hospitality technology at all.. We're more of a manufacturer." Okay guy, I'm sure your CEO would love that line in your marketing plan.
    This interview taught me a lot about respect on all sides, recruiter included. I will never waste my time on this company again.

Interview Questions

• How many glasses of orange juice did all of Las Vegas sell yesterday? And how did you get your answer.   1 Answer

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

standing training interview process, phone, face to face, then a T4T with the training team. Overall the process lacked professionalism and focus on the training needs of the team. The last step was an open question forum with other trainers, who were more out to trick the applicant since they were new to the company as well.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn email by the hiring manager prior to applying for the position. I then had phone interviews by the hiring manager and a team member. From there I met for lunch with the hiring manager the following week. A week after that I had a series of formal interviews with managers in the office and completed some online skills tests. I received an offer about a week later, which I accepted. I started the position after background checks were completed on a date of my choosing.

Interview Questions

• What is the quality you liked best about your favorite last position.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in December 2007.

Interview

I was introduced by an agency representative and the introduction led to a phone interview. The phone interview led to a face to face interview with the hiring manger and a senior engineer which lasted about two hours. It was very detailed and they asked many detailed questions concerning my background. This led to another interview with the whole team. At this point I as offered and I had to go through a rather extensive background check and go through drug testing. I started about a month after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Several tough C++ and real time engineering questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me what I asked for.

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for HR telephone interview. It consisted of basic questions like salary requirements, skills, job requirements. Then I'd a telephonic with hiring manager. Questions were very simple. He asked me about my experience.A week later I went for an onsite interview. First interview was a panel interview consisting of 3 people. Questions were technical and mathematical. Most of them were related to C/C++ programming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary. Please consider whole offer before accepting.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.