Atlassian Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Atlassian Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Atlassian

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian in July 2019.

Interview

A former coworker referred me for this position and I was contacted by a recruiter within a few days. She set-up a time to chat with me, and about 15 minutes before our call, she texted me to see if I was available later that day. I replied to the text, and she never replied back, so I was literally just kind of sitting at my desk waiting to hear back from this person.

Never did.

So, the next day, I emailed her to set-up a different time. This began a long back-and-forth in which we would either 1) agree to a time and the recruiter never showed up, or 2) the recruiter would schedule a call literally outside of the times that I'd said I was available. It was super bizarre, and this sad saga ended with me never talking to the recruiter and getting an email about three weeks later saying that they'd decided to go with another candidate.

I'd honestly expected more from Atlassian :/

Interview Questions

• Never actually got to talk to anyone   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Atlassian

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Atlassian (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Atlassian interviewed me just to poach ideas. I was recruited via LinkedIn and met with the recruiter who asked a lot of questions about new ideas and recommendations I had. It was much more involved than a phone screen. Next, I had a meeting scheduled with the hiring manager. Before the meeting, I asked the recruiter about the seniority level of the position, and the recruiter admitted that the hiring manager had no intention of making it a senior role and wanted someone scrappy. I had the same amount of experience as the hiring manager, so I wondered why she bothered to interview me. The hiring manager had no intention of hiring me — they just wanted my ideas. I removed myself from the applicant pool as a result. The whole process seemed very unprofessional and showed a lack of character on the part of the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What are some new tactics you have employed for demand generation that have been successful?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

After submitting an application online I received an immediate automated confirmation email. It was friendly and lighthearted, which I enjoyed.

Exactly two weeks later I received an email from a member of Atlassian's recruiting team asking to schedule a phone interview. I responded same-day. I was happy to receive an email confirmation from a scheduling coordinator the next day with my phone interview's date and time. I asked the scheduling coordinator how to best prepare for the interview, and I was pleasantly surprised when she responded to me same-day with some helpful information.

The recruiter called me at precisely our appointed time and was both warm and professional. I felt she was focused, experienced, and really understood the role and her organization.

The day after my call with the recruiter I received a follow-up email from her congratulating me on making it to the next step of the process. She asked to schedule me for a call with the hiring manager. I responded the next day with my availability, and the day following I received an email confirmation from a scheduling coordinator with my next phone interview's date and time.

The hiring manager called me at our appointed time, and she impressed me with her knowledge, friendliness, and professionalism. She had a clear sense of what she was looking for in a candidate, and she asked me thoughtful questions about my background and interests. It was altogether an enjoyable conversation. The hiring manager shared with me what the next steps in the process would be, and gave me a rough time-frames for each stage in her decision.

Three days after my phone call with the hiring manager I received a very polite email from the recruiter thanking me for my efforts and interest and informing me that they wouldn't be moving forward with me at that time. Following on that note I received a separate email asking me to provide Atlassian with my feedback on the interview experience and offering me the opportunity to enter into a drawing for a free gift.

All told, I found the interviewing experience at Atlassian to be pleasant and efficient. Their talent team operates like a well-oiled machine and delivers well on Atlassian’s brand promise. I felt like my time was respected by Atlassian’s team members, and all throughout the process I felt valued.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you want to do as a product marketer?   1 Answer
    • Why would you like to work for Atlassian?   1 Answer
    • What makes you confident you can handle generating high-quality content and marketing copy?   Answer Question
    • What makes you want to focus on building a tool for developers vs. your previous market?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlassian (Sydney) in December 2018.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one face to face interview.. The first phone call was with the internal recruiter who discussed the role, the company values and discussed overall your experience. The 2nd phone interview was with the line manager and we discussed my relevant experience in relation to the role. The face to face interview was with another line manager and we discussed my relevant work experience in relation to the role.

Interview Questions

• Process to take a new feature to market   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.