Australia Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Australia Post

2.7

Process Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Sydney) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a panel of 3 people
    I had already completed an multiple page application
    Questions were asked re different scenarios at the work place. Where I gave ways that I would handle different situations at the work place
    Questions were asked about any innovations I had been involved in at work

Interview Questions

• If a team member is late back to work from a schedule break what will you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase

Process Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post in September 2015.

Interview

Mostly paperwork and phonecalls, they do background checks, police checks, medical checkups. All must be submitted before specific date or the shift will be given to someone else even if you were offered it initially.

They often do not call again so the initial phone call, from a private number, must be answered as chances are they will just move onto the next person if you do not pick up the phone

Interview Questions

• When can you start work is the most important question since they have specific shifts in mind. They usually follow up with do you have your own transport to get to the facility as there is no public transport nearby.   1 Answer

BDM Interview

Interview

2 inetrview process, the first is one on one, the next is a panel interview. It is highly structured.

Interview Questions

• To do well you must pprovide real life examples. Not an interview you can easily wing   2 Answers

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation at mid-senior level. At best +/- 10%

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Brisbane) in May 2014.

Interview

Good. You get a series of structured questions that come with a brief explaination of what they are looking for. Research the cultural pillars and follow the star format and you'll be fine.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Australia Post.

Interview

Applied online. I was asked to come into their office, for a 1 on 1 with an interviewer. The interviewer was very welcoming and made me feel at ease. I was glad that I didnt' have to go through a group interview. I got asked 3 scenarios, pretty staright forward.

Postal Delivery Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australia Post (Brisbane).

Interview

Telephone interview with HR and then a face to face with a Delivery Manager. This was when part-time Postal Delivery Officer positions were relatively new and their was still a reasonable amount of work (2009). I was a university student and they seemed to prefer a candidate who had something that would stop them wanting full-time work.

Interview Questions

• Mainly focused on motorcycle ability and time availability.   Answer Question

Postal Delivery Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Sydney) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3-4 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (sydney).First there was a telephone interview and then a face to face with 2 Delivery Manager.After a week there was medical test and the final step was motorcycle test .There is also background checks and police checks.

Interview Questions

• Explain previous work and projects in detail with S.T.A.R. system .   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Australia Post in May 2015.

Interview

Brief interview with the head manager of the facility, mostly consisting of previous employment and current qualifications. I was almost assured the job and was informed of the process of training for the job.

Iteration Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne) in January 2016.

Interview

Simple 1 round interview. I was referred by an existing employee and the new boss was happy to interview me over the phone and Skype. All questions were standard and no surprises. All information provided to me about the team at the time of interview was also accurate

Interview Questions

• 1. Years of experience.
      2. No of Agile favours worked with.
      3. Name a few instances where you had to re-prioritise your work.
      4. examples of stakeholder management.
      5. examples where stakeholder management was a challenge.
      6. What is a high performing team?
      7. What agile matrix have you used and why? What do you do with the data?   Answer Question

Mail Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Brisbane) in February 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview discussing when I could start the job. Then I had a number of calls from Sydney(?) office asking for more details that I put on my application form. After that I was called in for a panel interview of 2 people and they just asked general questions about standing for a long time, could I do overtime, why do I want this job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?; Are you expected to have holidays in the next 18 months?.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything for the job.