Australia Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Australia Post

2.7

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was with two members of Australia post HR and a manager. They asked a few questions and I asked them a few questions about the job and I left and got a phone call a few days later to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What retail experience do you have?
      What is up selling and cross selling?
      How many years have you been in a customer service role?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne) in July 2017.

Interview

1. at mock call center role play. you get a phone call, find the customer in the system and help them with the options you have on hand and respond from the options they give you.
    2. Grammar testing.
    3. math questions, simple maths questions.
    3. typing speed to test you words per minute.

Interview Questions

• To answer a pre-recorded mock phone call.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne) in February 2019.

Interview

The process consisted of an online set of tests, then a scheduled online phone interview (using the STAR format of Situation or Task, Action and Result). After that you are invited to a final induction and phone role play test. The induction tells you all about the job and they stress that it is basically a complaints handling job and call numbers are around 80+ per day - they stress that there is opportunities to grow and move around and also cover some of the benefits at this time. Then you are called for a final interview of a similar set of questions to the phone interview, then you do 3 role play calls where you need to deal with varying issues (yes you are given a small folder with handling of calls.

Interview Questions

• What was one time when your resilience was tested in the work place?   Answer Question
    • When did you go beyond your job limitations to ensure your customer was happy?   Answer Question

Process Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Sydney) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a panel of 3 people
    I had already completed an multiple page application
    Questions were asked re different scenarios at the work place. Where I gave ways that I would handle different situations at the work place
    Questions were asked about any innovations I had been involved in at work

Interview Questions

• If a team member is late back to work from a schedule break what will you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase

Process Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post in September 2015.

Interview

Mostly paperwork and phonecalls, they do background checks, police checks, medical checkups. All must be submitted before specific date or the shift will be given to someone else even if you were offered it initially.

They often do not call again so the initial phone call, from a private number, must be answered as chances are they will just move onto the next person if you do not pick up the phone

Interview Questions

• When can you start work is the most important question since they have specific shifts in mind. They usually follow up with do you have your own transport to get to the facility as there is no public transport nearby.   1 Answer

BDM Interview

Interview

2 inetrview process, the first is one on one, the next is a panel interview. It is highly structured.

Interview Questions

• To do well you must pprovide real life examples. Not an interview you can easily wing   2 Answers

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation at mid-senior level. At best +/- 10%

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Brisbane) in May 2014.

Interview

Good. You get a series of structured questions that come with a brief explaination of what they are looking for. Research the cultural pillars and follow the star format and you'll be fine.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Australia Post.

Interview

Applied online. I was asked to come into their office, for a 1 on 1 with an interviewer. The interviewer was very welcoming and made me feel at ease. I was glad that I didnt' have to go through a group interview. I got asked 3 scenarios, pretty staright forward.

Postal Delivery Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Sydney) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3-4 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (sydney).First there was a telephone interview and then a face to face with 2 Delivery Manager.After a week there was medical test and the final step was motorcycle test .There is also background checks and police checks.

Interview Questions

• Explain previous work and projects in detail with S.T.A.R. system .   Answer Question

Postal Delivery Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australia Post (Brisbane).

Interview

Telephone interview with HR and then a face to face with a Delivery Manager. This was when part-time Postal Delivery Officer positions were relatively new and their was still a reasonable amount of work (2009). I was a university student and they seemed to prefer a candidate who had something that would stop them wanting full-time work.

Interview Questions

• Mainly focused on motorcycle ability and time availability.   Answer Question