Australia Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Australia Post

2.7

Postal Delivery Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Sydney) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3-4 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (sydney).First there was a telephone interview and then a face to face with 2 Delivery Manager.After a week there was medical test and the final step was motorcycle test .There is also background checks and police checks.

Interview Questions

• Explain previous work and projects in detail with S.T.A.R. system .   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Australia Post in May 2015.

Interview

Brief interview with the head manager of the facility, mostly consisting of previous employment and current qualifications. I was almost assured the job and was informed of the process of training for the job.

Iteration Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne) in January 2016.

Interview

Simple 1 round interview. I was referred by an existing employee and the new boss was happy to interview me over the phone and Skype. All questions were standard and no surprises. All information provided to me about the team at the time of interview was also accurate

Interview Questions

• 1. Years of experience.
      2. No of Agile favours worked with.
      3. Name a few instances where you had to re-prioritise your work.
      4. examples of stakeholder management.
      5. examples where stakeholder management was a challenge.
      6. What is a high performing team?
      7. What agile matrix have you used and why? What do you do with the data?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Brisbane) in February 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview discussing when I could start the job. Then I had a number of calls from Sydney(?) office asking for more details that I put on my application form. After that I was called in for a panel interview of 2 people and they just asked general questions about standing for a long time, could I do overtime, why do I want this job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?; Are you expected to have holidays in the next 18 months?.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview very informal. Nothing like any other interview I have been to before. The interviewer only asked if i had any previous experience sorting mail or similar. Then went through all the other regular questions. He seemed to dislike his job and I came to understand why.

Anonymous Employee in Canberra

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Canberra) in November 2011.

Interview

It is extremely difficult to get a reply from the website, so I applied for a number of positions. I was given a phone interview, based on a role as a postal delivery officer.

I was then contacted for psychometric testing. It isn't complicated, as it mainly deals with common sense questions. This is normally when potential staff pass or fail.

There is then a medical at an authorised GP, where they check to make sure you're fit to work, and are not on drugs.

After this, I was informed that the position I applied for was filled, and was told that I was going to be interviewed for a different position at a different facility. I had the interview at a different facility with different managers.

I was then offered the original position, as well as a position at the facility I was interviewed at.

All in all, a very confusing process, but has a high success rate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation phase, but I was initially offered a role, and was then offered a different role at another facility.

Devops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was a part of the Monash University's Industry Based Learning program. Amongst all the companies who took part in the IBL program, Australia Post deemed the most appealing to me, in the way the interview was carried out, as well as from the insight that I had received of their culture. The interview process was very relaxed, and I was made comfortable very quickly. The lady interviewing me was absolutely lovely and the questions they asked really felt like they wanted to find out who I am as a person, not what skills I know. It was really apparent that not only did they want to find out whether you were suitable for AusPost, but really focused on finding out whether AusPost was suitable for you.

Interview Questions

• If you were given 1 million dollars to come up with an innovative idea and execute it, what would the idea be? Could be an application, or a product, or anything.   1 Answer

Parcel Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australia Post (Perth, Western Australia) in March 2013.

Interview

Single face to face interview with a board of 2 managers. They asked questions relating to my past and I probably took it more seriously than I needed to. It is a very easy job after all.
    After the interview they took me for a quick perusal of the facilities, "the robot farm" as it seemed to me.

PDO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muswellbrook

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Muswellbrook) in September 2011.

Interview

Honest straight forward and motorcycle license required reliablelitey how would I go at early morning starts.Asked simple questions gave honest answers.license required background check then off to H.A.R.T to pass the motorcycle test.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have and how well did I know the area   1 Answer

Negotiation

Any chance to start with auspost is a start in the right direction

Postie Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne) in October 2017.

Interview

One to one interview. I received a call and was explained about position. Then interview was fixed. When you apply they assess your resume. If your resume suits them they will call you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here
      Describe how to resolve conflict in your current job
      Describe a bad customer situation
      Describe a difficult situation with customer   Answer Question