BA Continuum India Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

BA Continuum India Interview Questions

Interviews at BA Continuum India

3.1

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BA Continuum India.

Interview

This was through campus placement.
    Answered and aptitude test. It had a mix of quant as well as language skills.
    The shortlisted people were invited the next day to interview with employees.
    Was asked questions mostly relating to relational database design as well as normalization. Employer encouraged dialogue and provided feedback on thought process and answers. She also asked about my motivation to apply for this job.
    Next was an HR round. It was for another 30 mins. He asked general behavioral questions and also expected interesting and unique answers.
    They informed us of our decision within a matter of 2 hours from the HR round.

Interview Questions

• Given a relation, make sure it follows the the 3-NF rule.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BA Continuum India.

Interview

Was a good discussion about the role and competencies the candidate brings to the table.It consisted of phone interviews and in person/ video conferences.It was a good experience overall .

Interview Questions

• About current role and the connect to the role available.   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BA Continuum India in April 2013.

Interview

Hiring was as professional as expected. We had on Tech round, Manager round, LOB (Line of Business) round and finally HR round. interview was very much on technical part. HR round was basically on body shopping :).

Interview Questions

• Why are you switching to BA from your Previous company within 6 Month.   Answer Question

SSE/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BA Continuum India in December 2014.

Interview

Great Interview Process!

It was conducted very professionally by experienced people.

Interview Details -

A panel of 2 was conducting the first round. Second round was pretty easy and didn't ask about technical details.
    Detail project discussions followed by technical questions.
    1. Explain Project
    Then as I was discussion the project, several supplementary questions were asked like what's session partitioning types, regarding indirect files option etc.

2. Scenarios -
    a. How to get 300th to 400th records though UNIX command
    b. Columns to rows mapping (a scenario given, had to use agg trans)
    c. A w/f is migrated from dev to production. It failed. What could be the reason.

3. Technical questions regarding transformations, UNIX commands, Teradata simple queries.

Then a round was conducted by Hiring Manager.
    He mostly gave real life scenarios and asked what would be your response.
    1. You are supporting on weekend, no one from team available. A failure from Singapore, LA & Sydney. Which one will be your priority. (based on day-night cycle in those countries)
    2. A failure occurred, what will be your strategy and whom will you inform first.
    3. Client is asking for an enhancement that can't be done. How will you convince them.
    etc.

Then there was the HR round!
    Salary was discussed along with other HRiey discussions.

Best managed interview process! A bit lengthy though.

Interview Questions

• All scenarios from Hiring manager round were unexpected! Real life scenarios were given. But if you have worked on the challenging environment, you will manage it well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hard. Salary negotiation was very hard. They did not give upto expectations.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BA Continuum India (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

One of friends referred me to this job since there are no walk in's.The reporting time was 10'O clock(AM). I had been there at 9:15AM.They made us to stand in the sun,that too in the summer for about 1 and a half hour,they were issuing ID cards for interviewees.Approximately 300-350 interviewees showed up. After that there was CV screening and later the first round was JAM.I was confident that I will be able to clear the round and did so.The next round is Essay along with the quantitative aptitude.The paper was difficult but yet I was confident because the total marks were about 70.When I asked the HR person who is conducting this exam about passing marks,he sarcastically said to me not to worry. After the break,he called some interviewees,unfortunately I was one among them, and he said that we were not selected and We can come after 1 month again for the interview.I asked that HR person regarding the minimum marks for passing the exam so that I can analyze myself,he said that the information is extremely confidential and went away.I can clearly say that the interview was a total biased one. From the beginning I was observing some people in the room talking to the employees in the office.After I asked a person he said to me that he got here with some strong reference and he will be selected. After we got eliminated, I looked at the remaining people,they were those people who had strong reference from the employees and managed to get it.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative was tough.Even if you perform well there is no guarantee that you'll get selected.The interview is only for strong recommendation candidates.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BA Continuum India (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2008.

Interview

The typical hiring will be done by staffing agencies.first you will be called for jam session if you are selected from the lot then you will go through the next stages of interview.then you will have to undergo written test which would compromise of mental ability arithmetic and English.after clearing this stage you will have typing test and then you will have line manager round if needed you will have another round of techincal or skill set interview if got cleared will have hr round and then offer letter is rolled out

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BA Continuum India (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through a consultancy and was called for interview process on a weekend drive. Interviews were well organised.

1st round: It was a technical round and they asked about my current project, basic java and logical programming/ algorithm questions.

2nd round: a couple of rounds with HRs for setting up expectations.

I was called for more rounds of discussions on a weekday.

3rd round: A technical round that lasted for 45 minutes where they asked about my current projects and my responsibilities.

4th round: Managerial round where they asked about why I wished to leave my current organisation, aspirations etc

Interviewers were humble. HRs talked respectfully.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BA Continuum India (Mumbai (India)) in October 2018.

Interview

Interviews were conducted on Saturday. The first round was a technical F2F discussion. This round went smooth.

The second round was again a technical discussion with senior person. First of all his body language
    was a complete turnoff. He was rude and arrogant. I failed to understand what he was trying to expect from his questions. Questions on spring were like all over the place. It was understood I did not clear this round.

Interview Questions

• Which is the default class from which all classes inherit in Java?
      What are the final and non final methods in Object class?
      Difference between Hashmap and Hashset
      How would you design a parking lot? Let say this parking lot can be used to park Car buses and bikes. I need a method to get available parking slots.
      How will you get hierarchical data in Sql and display on frontend like a tree?
      Does a spring bean require getter n setter method? What if I dont want to define one?
      What is MVC pattern?
      Some questions on property wiring for which I dont know what he wanted to ask.   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I interviewed at BA Continuum India (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Scheduled interview at 11 am, no proper planning about conducting interviews and communication gap between HR team itself and with security. Interview held at Hyderabad on September 12, 2015. Reported before 11, security asked me to wait in the cafeteria there waited for 90 minutes and when called HR then taken us to another floor and asked us to wait there after 15 minutes I told HR that my scheduled time is 11am and I am waiting for past 2 hours, then he asked me to wait for some more time, after some time when I approached same person then he told me to wait for another 45 minutes. It is totally un professional, being an MNC they don't know the value of time, it is very bad. I request them to first learn about importance of time. For 8 + years experience interviews you are behaving like this is totally un professional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BA Continuum India (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Worst Interview process. No professionalism.
    Nobody is ready to reply even the HR who schedule the interview not replying on mail or phone.
    Person who took 1:1 and schedule the telephonic round. Then no reply after that.
    After one week one lady called and said tomorrow will be managerial and technical round.
    Both one to one guy and this lady don't know each other.
    How they are doing process of my application???

Interview Questions

• R u ready to work on python??   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.