BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated 12 Aug 2015

2.7

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA in November 2014.

Interview

Campus Hiring. First round is on-campus interview with a senior manager. No difficult questions. The interviewer was really want to get to know me. I got the 2nd round notice in the following week. In-house interview with a partner, a senior manager, an associate. Got the offer 1 week later.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Had an on campus interview first which lasted for 30 mins. i was then invited to the office for 3 interviews with partners and managers and had lunch. The interviews were pretty conversational

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

I initially met with a partner for an on campus interview - very conversational. The next week I went to their office and I had three one on one interviews with a partner and two managers - also very conversational.

I had another offer.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Phone and then in person interview there was nothing difficult about it. Pretty standard interview process. After the decision was made to make an offer they do a background check.

Negotiation

They wanted me to take a lower salary, I said I couldn't

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

It started with pre-recruiting night, followed by a school interview with a manager, then an office interview with a two managers and a partner. There was an optional office event at a local restaurant. It is strongly encouraged to attend the pre-second round event.

Other offers.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview. Very casual and didn't ask any technical accounting questions from class. Interviewer gave the feeling that they had already found a hire and wasn't planning to hiring me anyway.

Interview Questions

• Rarely asked questions. I spent more time asking questions and interviewer just talked and gave answers.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I met some current employees from BDO at my school's career fairs over the course of two weeks or so. I applied online through campus recruiting both for my school and also on the BDO website. I got selected to come in for a first round interview which I was excited for. I had been in contact with one employee who was very encouraging and friendly. The tax manager was nice but didn't seem too interested or engaged.

Interview Questions

• A lot of it was conversational, some more formal some more informal which was nice but it didn't give me the opportunity to showcase or even explain my skills and why I should be hired.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

BDO has a great culture. People are very friendly there and easy to talk to. The interviews were very conversational and you can tell that the professionals really want to get to know you. They also provide a pre-interview social/dinner before the campus interview so you will have the chance to meet the interviewer before you actually have the interview the next day.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Milwaukee, WI (US)).

Interview

Applied on campus career website. The first round interview was on campus with one of the partners. Very conversational, went over my resume, asked tons of questions about my interests, hobbies, allowed me to ask questions as well. Second interview was an office visit. 3 interviews. The interview with the director threw me off. She started by telling me she wanted to answer any questions I may have. It wound up on her talking about her children. Then interviewed with a manager and another person whose title I cannot remember.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation as a team member, and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Spokane, WA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting system. Got a first round interview. Very easy interview; the partner just sat back and chatted informally about what the atmosphere at his office was like. He wasn't overly receptive to good questions or any of that; it was mainly just a one-way monologue about his office. Told me they would get back to us by the end of the following week. Never happened; they just left me hanging and did their second rounds and made their offers. I thought that was very discourteous, especially after he personally assured me they would let me know one way or the other.

See What BDO USA Employees Are Saying

Current Audit Manager

Pros: “The size of the company and the depth of resources that BDO offers sets it apart from large regional firms. For the fifth largest accounting and consulting services firm in the world, the...”“The size of the company and the depth of resources that BDO offers sets it apart from large regional firms. For the fifth largest accounting and consulting services firm in the world, the culture in my office feels more like a smaller firm with a focus on flexibility, employee retainment, and development. No matter what your long term career goals are, you will be able to find and connect with mentors to help you succeed. I have worked at several different firms in my career and BDO offers the best mix of big firm resources and a true focus on people. In no way do I feel like "just a number".” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.