BHP Billiton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

2.9

Sort:

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

They foist conducted a phone interview, then panel interview, then one-on-one interview with the team I would be working with. There were a few stages and after each one passed, they let me know the next steps.

Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Interview was fine; very informal and conversation-based. The hiring process took a long time, which I now realize is the norm at BHP.

Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Represented by an outside recruiter, interview scheduled very efficiently and timely. It was a panel interview with hiring managers from different business units as there were several positions open. Allocated time seemed too short for panel interview and one interviewer did not show up. Of the kother two, one had to leave before interview was finished due to double booking.

Interview Questions

• Hard for interviewer to ask appropriate questions on behalf of several business units. This resulted in very general questions.   1 Answer

Petrophysicist Interview

Application

I interviewed at BHP Billiton in September 2014.

Interview

Got the interview call via on-campus recruitment. Their HR contacted me by mail and there was a pre-interview dinner. The first round was behavioural and mostly about my research experience

Interview Questions

• If I asked your advisor, what would he/she say was your biggest strength and biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

the interview process was easy and required no skill. when talking you really get to know the people who are interviewing you and what you need to do. The interview was short and straght to the point

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online, I was contacted by a recruiter from Houston, we conducted a phone interview. I was later contacted again to do a personal face to face interview with a panel. I was outdated the job several days later, I am currently in negotiation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am currently in the negotiation prices I will update at a later time

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Pretty streamlined, interviewed with a panel of three, they asked pretty common interview question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

BHP Billiton standardized on the TopGrading (http://topgrading.com) methodology for hiring. Basically, be prepared to answer variations of the same 5 questions about your last 4-5 jobs or companies you worked for.

1) What were you hired to do?
    2) What were your high points?
    3) What were your low points?
    4) What would your boss/peers say about your performance?
    5) Why did you leave?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BHP Billiton (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

30 minute on-campus interview with two interviewers. One of the interviewers was HR the other was a graduate from the same university. Discussion was easy friendly, overall good experience.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

- Self starter
    - Good communications skills
    - Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese, advanced French
    experienced team Manager

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.