Berkshire Hathaway Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 121 of over 121 interviews

Employee Referral16%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Berkshire Hathaway

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway

Interview

The interview process consisted of me reaching out to the specific office of interest and expressing a desire to learn more about being a Berkshire Hathaway broker. After the initial call, I had an interview/meeting set up with the broker in charge to go over the company structure and to ask any questions I might have.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose to pursue a career in real estate?
    Answer Question

Berkshire Hathaway

Application

I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway

Interview

They have you complete two assessments beforehand. The first is a timed, 8-minute assessment consisting of basic math, word association, and logic questions. The second is a personality assessment that is not timed.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Berkshire Hathaway

Application

I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway

Interview

phone interview followed up by in person meeting, all of my questions were answered. They seem to have good resources for new salespersons. They hire as independent contractors, no benefits but good commission.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Berkshire Hathaway

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway in Jun 2021

Interview

A long, grueling interview process, which the recruiter did fill me in on. I did make it to the final round. Unfortunately the recruiter was the person I enjoyed talking to the most. Incase this helps anyone, I believe they do use ATS to scan resumes, since mine was a 98% match on Jobscan and I was contacted the next day. During my first interview with management, I was grilled on my entire resume & not very confident I'd make it through since my experience wasn't entirely related. I was then asked to do the online testing, which they schedule for you (they scheduled it at a place 30min from my home. I took 3 hours of 'sick leave' at my current job just to take these - be aware of that). I passed those and interviewed with 3 more people. I believe there were probably 1-2 reasons I didn't get the offer. The first was that they might've considered me unsure about the role. I straight up told them, the title of this role is misleading. "Marketing" here is more sales-y/account management with outside insurance agents. The other reason could've been a rather controversial conversation I had with a manager. We were discussing back-to-office plans post-pandemic (this was also several months ago when the future looked brighter), and the manager explained that only vaccinated reps would be able to visit clients, & perhaps I misunderstood the context but she asked what my thoughts were about that. Caught off guard I said I wasn't vaccinated yet, and hopefully that wouldn't affect my candidacy but perhaps it did...I think I may have dodged a bullet here though, most people seemed on the straight & narrow, a bit dull, little diversity etc. Overall process was about 2 months, so at least it was good interview practice. Be prepared to explain your prior experience, explain why you're interested in the role you applied for, & have behavioral/story questions ready to answer!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to deliver negative feedback. What's your greatest professional achievement thus far?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway (Roswell, GA)

Interview

Applied through College recruiting office; went through 2 rounds of interviews, first was virtual and second interview was in person. (All employees must work in person. ) Group interview for the second interview. Make sure to have a strong portfolio and be able to explain rationale behind examples.

Interview Questions
  • How would you find a solution to [specific problem for the team]?

Berkshire Hathaway

Application

I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway

Interview

Slow process overall. Friendly panel interview. Pretty dumpy building. Looking to move soon to Novi. Technology seemed outdated. Hopefully going to upgrade during the move. I don't think they knew what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Berkshire Hathaway

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway

Interview

Applied online, was given a Wonderlic assessment to complete. Had a phone interview with the recruiter. She asked some questions about myself and my experiences. Went on to ask situational and behavioral questions along with giving me more details about the job and company itself. Said the next step of the process would be to forward my information and assessment results to the hiring team and, if selected to move forward, would be contacted for a video interview. I received a rejection email the very next morning, saying that they would not be moving forward with my application. Oh well. Wasn't my time, I guess.

Interview Questions
  • -What makes you a good fit for this job? -How would you handle a difficult customer?

Berkshire Hathaway

Application

I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway

Interview

First I had a quick phone interview, then the managing broker invited me into the office for a formal interview. During that time I spent about 30 minutes chatting with the broker, who called me "cute" multiple times throughout the interview... needless to say I did NOT accept the job. Creepy!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Berkshire Hathaway

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway

Interview

It was not a hard interview. I had a phone screening with HR. Then a virtual interview with the manager and a person on her team. It lasted about 45 minutes. I was told within a week if I got the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Berkshire Hathaway

Application

I interviewed at Berkshire Hathaway

Interview

the interview process was very normal, and expected, just asked general questions. But I had an issue because when I showed up they had someone else's resume out when I came in to interview. Then said they didn't even have mine printed out for some reason. They said I would hear back from them about the internship either way, and I never heard anything back, even after a few follow-up emails.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 121 Interviews