BetBright Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 12 Jun 2018

2.9

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BetBright (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I applied to this role online. Received an e-mail in 2 days asking me if i was available for a telephonic round. I received a call next day and then i was invited to the office for a face to face interview. It was a very positive experience. It took about 30mins. Mostly the questions were technical about troubleshooting and things like that.

Interview Questions

• What are the three abilities of an ideal help desk person?   Answer Question
    • How important IT skills are in help desk service and how you keep yourself updated with those skills?   Answer Question
    • What is your worst experience so far as a help desk assistant?   Answer Question
    • What is the recent skill you have learned that can be helpful for help desk position?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BetBright.

Interview

Initial multiple choice questionnaire followed by a take home test. Once the test was submitted I was called for an in person interview where they went through my take home assessment.

The interview process for Betbright was one of the more negative ones I have had. The communication was poor all the way along. I had to do two technical assessment before speaking with somebody in the company. The process involves two rounds of in person interviews which in my experience is one more than a lot of companies. Betbright were not very flexible with timing of this interview.

The interviewers were unenthusiastic and seemed unprepared. Overall it felt like a waste of my time. I did not get through to the last round, though if I did I would have not accepted the offer to go through to another interview.

Interview Questions

BetBright Response

13 Feb 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback- we appreciate your feedback and are disappointed to learn about your interview experience. We would welcome the opportunity to learn about your experience in... More

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BetBright in April 2018.

Interview

First step is a typical phone call by the company HR.

Second round is a Python and SQL quiz for 70 minutes half of it is Python questions mostly stuff about data descriptors, non data descriptors and __getattr__ call hierarchy. SQL questions about types of joins and what would a join on that tables return with multiple answer options.

Third round is a Python live coding on Collabedit. Write a function that does this, write a function that does that type of stuff.

Fourth round is a take home assessment consisting of three Python tasks. First one was to implement an LRU cache with a decorator and demonstrate how it works with a script. Second is an anagram detection function and the last one is draw date calculation function. For each of those you should write unit tests, create logging and some sort of documentation so that your code would be close to production as possible.

Fifth round is a face to face Skype call where you're explaining the decisions made on the home assessment, elaborate on big O complexities and answer some weird questions on how to do the same things the other way sometimes contradicting the Zen of Python. The answers expected do not benefit neither the runtime performance nor the code purity. This is the round where you get to ask all the questions you have, guys.

The company expects you to learn about its business from a list of youtube videos that depict some testimonials that do not help to learn anything about the job itself.

It feels like you have to devote a lot of time (take home assessment took more that one day) and have to carefully explain every step about your code but the rejection feedback after the last interview lacks any details at all.

Interview Questions

• python's sorted function time complexity and the algorithm used behind the scenes   1 Answer
    • how to create a decorating function that will accept a parameter if provided and wont have the braces if applied without a parameter   1 Answer

21 Jun 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us, it is very much appreciated. We apologise for the negative experience you had in going through our recruitment process. If you contact us... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BetBright (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2017.

Interview

the interview process was good, It was all about technical questions.
    there are coding exercises that you must be completed before the face to face interview. You will be asked questions based on the exercises. So, prepare for that.

Interview Questions

• Difference between == and ===?   1 Answer

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BetBright (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very unprofessional as the interviewing manager never sought any introduction and did not give any room to ask any questions to let me know more about the company. The interview process reflected the overall company's attitude and I made up my mind to not proceed with this very unprofessional firm.

Computer science engineers should stay away from this firm.

Interview Questions

BetBright Response

9 Oct 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback- we appreciate your feedback and ensure that we take all feedback (positive and negative) on board. We are disappointed to learn about your interview experience... More

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BetBright (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was stringent but was kept casual at the same time. This gave me a sense of how the company works and I found this appealing.
    I learnt about the history of the company, how the company has grown and what they are planing for the future.
    The interviewers provided me low level details, for instance the day to day tasks that I would be participating in, but also gave me high level info of how my role fits into the companies strategy.
    I was free to ask questions the whole way through the process and I was happy with all the answers.
    Overall the interview process was pleasant and I was happy with how it went.

Interview Questions

• If there was a screen with a login name and password text areas on the screen, what test cases would you create for that?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BetBright (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

It lasted 1 hour. It was pleasant and relaxed. I showcased my work in which both interviewees asked about and then they asked some other questions followed by a description of the role and company. It was one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   1 Answer

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BetBright.

Interview

I was given a temporary link to an online technical interview which contained multiple choice PHP questions. The questions asked you to choose the correct PHP code but the answer contained crazy obfuscated code that took a while to read and as it was a time limited test, it was very difficult to do this.

Interview Questions

• Being given a ridiculous, almost impossible technical test. After this, I didn't even want to get a job there.   1 Answer

20 Nov 2017 – HR Manager

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback (positive and negative) on board and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this in more detail- please email hr@betbright.com and we will get... More

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BetBright (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phonecall, spoke to the team supervisor - very friendly, amiable and honest with both the pros and cons of the position. Second interview via Skype video (as I was abroad) with supervisor & a senior agent, same friendly and casual tone, no questions went unanswered and they were very forthcoming with demands/salary expectations/starting dates/long term goals etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are the most important qualities a cs agent needs to have?   1 Answer

Compliance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BetBright in July 2016.

Interview

One phone interview, followed by a face to face interview. There was also a face to face meeting with the CFO.

Questions / Discussions with all were very similar in topic but amount of detail varied.

Very helpful in arranging suitable interview times. Very friendly at all times. T

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of gambling legislation (optional)   Answer Question
    • Knowledge of anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing legislation   Answer Question
    • Awareness of risk and control implementation   Answer Question
    • Ability to discuss compliance with stakeholders, and ensure correct decisions are made   Answer Question

Current employer had better benefits and salary in place
    Starting a family, did not want to move company

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.