Big W Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 4 Mar 2019

2.0

Sort:

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Big W in September 2009.

Interview

Pretty straight forward

Interview Questions

• Availability over christmas- open until midnight Xmas eve   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

sat down with hiring manager and went through generic list of questions about grades and shift flexibility. Very easy interview process, but was still studying at the time when they were looking for casual staff.

Interview Questions

• In your previous roles, how did you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big W (Melbourne) in November 2014.

Interview

One on one with a experienced long time staff member first off with a few requirements before the questions happened and then they would let me know if I did or didn't get the position of cashier

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good enough for this job?   1 Answer

Recovery Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big W in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online then was emailed about interview. Was interviewed by one of the nightfill managers and he just asked those "explain a time when...., describe when...." type questions and wrote answers down. Then checked my availability. He said at the interview stage the availability is the most important thing so make sure you're flexible!!

Interview Questions

• Any targeted question like "tell me a time when you went out of your way to help someone?"   1 Answer

General Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big W.

Interview

It was group interview in the lunch room of the store I applied at. There were a lot of introductory games like telling stories. It all went pretty well I think around 10 in my group got hired.

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Big W in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online and then got an e-mail asking me a few questions. After returning the e-mail I got a text for a group interview, which was the next day.

There was about 10 of us at the group interview. We worked through a booklet, which included a few activities and information about the company. Then we were taken to the staff room upstairs and called down one-by-one for individual interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Big W (Brisbane) in August 2012.

Interview

Pretty basic, the interviewer seemed pretty friendly and asked the generic questions. Best time to apply is August/ September as this is when they hire everyone for the entire year. This offer was sent through email and a time was set up to complete it. Overall, it was pretty easy

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Big W (Sydney) in January 2017.

Interview

applied online then got a phone interview, then got asked to come in for a group interview, there was about 30 people or so and got split up and got interviewed individually. got called back a couple of days later that i got the job.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Big W in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online after receiving an email alert. Was offered an interview two weeks later, told to wear smart clothes and bring along right to work details. The interview was a group interview in a regional area so there were around 8 of us in total.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Big W?   1 Answer

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big W (Melbourne) in May 2017.

Interview

Three of us were in the room, the interviewer was sick so a fill in was provided. We introduced ourselves then filled in questions. Overall it was quite relaxed 25 position we on offer

Interview Questions

• What was a time you went out of your way for a customer   Answer Question
    • When was a time you have dealt with a customer complaint what was the situation and the result   Answer Question
    • When have you prevented an accident what did you do what was the situation   Answer Question
    • What do you like about your current employer   Answer Question
    • What don't you like about your employer   Answer Question
    • Reason for leaving current job   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.