Big W Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Big W Interview Questions

Interviews at Big W

2.0

Cashier Interview

Interview

sat down with hiring manager and went through generic list of questions about grades and shift flexibility. Very easy interview process, but was still studying at the time when they were looking for casual staff.

Interview Questions

• In your previous roles, how did you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Big W in September 2009.

Interview

Pretty straight forward

Interview Questions

• Availability over christmas- open until midnight Xmas eve   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Interview

Group interview with 6 others. Everyone introduced themselves and talked a bit about their experience. Paired up to discuss and answer questions. Was shown around the store and had to choose an item to sell to the manager.

Recovery Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big W in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online then was emailed about interview. Was interviewed by one of the nightfill managers and he just asked those "explain a time when...., describe when...." type questions and wrote answers down. Then checked my availability. He said at the interview stage the availability is the most important thing so make sure you're flexible!!

Interview Questions

• Any targeted question like "tell me a time when you went out of your way to help someone?"   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Very simple hiring process. Applied online after seeing a job ad, and got an email a few days later that I have progressed to a group interview at the store I was applying for.
    The group interview itself was fairly easy, was placed in a room with 7-10 other candidates. Standard questions of your reasons for wanting to work for the company, previous experiences and situational-type questions. Towards the end, they also gave everyone a product and was told to create a quick sales-pitch on the spot.
    No individual interviews occurred, and the interview was done in about 1 and a half hours.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Big W (Sydney) in January 2017.

Interview

applied online then got a phone interview, then got asked to come in for a group interview, there was about 30 people or so and got split up and got interviewed individually. got called back a couple of days later that i got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Big W (Brisbane) in August 2012.

Interview

Pretty basic, the interviewer seemed pretty friendly and asked the generic questions. Best time to apply is August/ September as this is when they hire everyone for the entire year. This offer was sent through email and a time was set up to complete it. Overall, it was pretty easy

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Big W in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online and then got an e-mail asking me a few questions. After returning the e-mail I got a text for a group interview, which was the next day.

There was about 10 of us at the group interview. We worked through a booklet, which included a few activities and information about the company. Then we were taken to the staff room upstairs and called down one-by-one for individual interviews.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Big W in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online after receiving an email alert. Was offered an interview two weeks later, told to wear smart clothes and bring along right to work details. The interview was a group interview in a regional area so there were around 8 of us in total.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Big W?   1 Answer

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Big W (Brisbane) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, about two weeks later I received an email to answer some questions. Then received an invitation for a group interview the same week. The group interview consists of basic introduction on what is Bigw, then doing some small activities like selling an item. After wards, there is a 1:1 interview which only goes for 5 minutes. You get a email within a week to tell you of you have passed or failed.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.