BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

1,459 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Contract Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I had three rounds, including a 45-minute phone interview with the HR associate in the SF office (I'm in NYC). I then met with about 6 people in person over the course of three hours in the NYC office, which included the manager of the group and the other associates within the group. Everyone was very nice and generally quite open about the work, the expectations, and the firm culture. I then came back for another interview, which, when I got there, I was surprised to see was a video conference with people int he SF and NJ offices. Again the interviews went for about three hours, and again, everyone was very nice, the questions were fair and no one asked me anything that was off-base or unexpected.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I'm a contractor so I interviewed with an agency and it took a while to get an interview at BlackRock. I was prepared and knew I did well. I read up on the company culture, projects, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the company and if I have any questions.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted by BlackRock recruitor out of NY office. Interview was scheduled with two other paralegals about 2 weeks after initial contact. Scheduled for lunch-hour. Very disorganized and nerve-racking. Admitted at meeting this was first time reviewing resume.

Interview Questions

• Silence. The interview felt as if they were going through the motions, that it was not real, and there was never any genuine intention of consideration. Very frustrating.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Resume submission followed by a quick on-campus interview (during graduate school) and then an invitation to interview in New York. 2-3 30-minute sessions covering mostly personality, fit, and general interest in real estate. No specific industry knowledge was tested. The entire process felt a bit cursory - perhaps they were never very interested in me as a candidate, but there didn't seem to be much depth to the questions asked or their level of engagement.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my level of commitment to New York - I had spent much of my life in other parts of the country and they were unsure of my desire to be in New York long-term.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock in December 2014.

Interview

1 Telephonic- Pune (Technical)
    1 VC - Pune (Technical)
    2 Face to Face rounds in Gurgaon. 1 technical and 1 VP round (Again Technical)

Interview Questions

• Basic questions related to QTP Automation and domain. Questions were mainly related to QTP automation frameworks and finance domain. I have 9 years of experience hence it wasn't difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Cumbersome. 2 phone interviews (HR screen and an actual phone interview with someone from the team) that were followed by 2 separate panel interviews. The panel interviews seem to be largely perfunctory. If you do your homework on the company and the team, this is made much easier. The background check was also absurd and overly complicated.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at BlackRock?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Lengthy and in-depth. Several rounds of interviews for all candidates. BlackRock interviews many people for seemingly all open reqs. I've seen first-hand where one off-comment can derail an entire interview and lead to a rejection of a seemingly good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to work at BlackRock? Don't mess up and refer to "BlackRock" as "Blackstone" which, surprisingly, I've seen happen by interviewees.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Good questions. 4 to 5 rounds. Meeting with leaders and colleagues to gauge your employ-ability and culture fit. Process is lengthy but it makes complete sense to meet leaders and different teams.

Interview Questions

• industry knowledge, skills, ideas   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

the worst interview experience ever. uncoordinated, random and weird. did i even apply for a software engineering role? was not even interested in answering the questions after the 2nd round. The job description is all nonsense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by the recruiter in the following week to schedule a phone screen, when he called me, I was told we will pass the phone screen and hiring manager wish to schedule the phone interview me. Had a phone interview two days later.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.