Blackbridge Capital Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 6 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blackbridge Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbridge Capital (New York, NY)

Interview

Overall- bad experience startup in its beginning stages, very small office, 1 female worker at the time and the owners told me they put up the position because they knew a lot of women were going to apply. Sat in a room with both owners (one was on his phone the whole time) and they just had me go through my resume. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Lets go over your resume ....
    Answer Question

Application

Interview

Brief, informative and respectful. Given my background, management showed interest in me. Applied online, phone call back a week later, then I was invited to a super day with a few other candidates. Was offered position but politely declined as I live far from NYC.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? Questions about previous jobs.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbridge Capital (New York, NY)

Interview

Just one face to face interview then called back for a second. Small office and everyone seemed nice. You can tell the "Upper Management"had no idea what they are doing when it comes to hiring, and will take just about anyone. And don't market yourself as a hedge fund. Overall, I don't suggest pursuing opportunities here unless you've exhausted all your other options.

Interview Questions
  • Are you comfortable with commission only? Are you willing to go through a three month training period before you can be eligible to earn commission? What is origination?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackbridge Capital (New York, NY) in Sep 2015

Interview

Interview process was brief. I believe this to have been more of a screening, or first round type interview. All qualitative questions. Management is very young, but seem to be extremely knowledgeable in the field. Brand new office, very west coast, start up vibe, all glass and brand new equipment. Company seems to be a combination of the old world retail brokerage / hedge fund shops with an MIT, silicon valley twist. Havn't heard back yet, but hoping to see an offer extended in the coming weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Are you comfortable with a performance based salary?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbridge Capital (New York, NY) in Aug 2015

Interview

Multi-dimensional interview process that supports the firms bedrock principles of diligence, diversity and by-the-book fundamentals. The office has a nice atmosphere: a mix of a hedge fund and a start up with a young team and age-defying wisdom. The team is exclusive and familial, but I felt they were welcoming and demonstrated genuine interest in bringing in the best employees for the betterment of their business. My first interview was with a nice man from HR, basically a screening and introductory interview. They wanted to understand my personality and current situation first and foremost as most of the entry-level positions are commission-based (If you take a look at their previous deals, you realize that their analysts -on average- make more than first/second-year IB analysts. Regardless, it is listed in the job description, so don't be surprised). After we worked through the standard questions, I was hounded on statement analysis, my understanding of leveraged finance, growth arbitrage and some applications of private equity. Following, we moved onto a few rigorous "brain-teaser," math-based questions that consisted of about 30 minutes worth of work. Lastly, I was given the time to ask any question I had for him. After HR had what they needed, I met with the two Managing Partners for about 25 minutes. I didn't get any more analytical questions as they just wanted to get to know me, my career goals and aspirations. That was the end of the first interview. For my second interview, I met with some of the member from the equities origination team. This round was much more in-depth. They had me listen-in on their day-to-day, had me make mock phone calls, assist in transaction diligence and research, and got a feel for what it would be like to work with me on an everyday basis. I spent about 90 minutes in the office going over the daily job requirements, got quizzed on my financial analysis skills, and listed in on calls. They "threw me into the fire" on the second interview. It was tough making mock-calls, but I was able to learn first-hand what a typical day was like in the office. The MP's were in the office and were actively listening in on my interview.

Interview Questions
  • If a company's Daily Sales Outstanding (DSO) increased by 10 points from the end of the year 2014 to the end of the year 2015, what can you deduce about A) the company's health B) the change in profitability of a Factoring transaction in the given period?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbridge Capital (New York, NY) in Jan 2015

Interview

On the phone, thorough. Education history, work history. Skills that work well in business. Questions about business at the end of the interview. Was offered job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed