Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was one hour and there were many questions the interviewer had on her list which were good but it didn't feel natural. Some questions were unique. Some questions were odd. Two people interviewed but only one asked questions. They were professional and courteous.
 The job discussion was thorough, and I was able to ask some questions as well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

just intriduce yourself, they why want to enter this industry, your past work experiences,give an example about past work experiences that related to the role you applied for and questions you want to ask for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

obviously, i am not prepare well for this job. it is a pre-setting video interview , asking me about 6 questions, each of them give you one minute to answer. the time is less in order to give much more detail information especially introduce you projects and programming language,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

you will get online personality test and two days later, you will get video screening notice from BL, video screening last 20 minutes and contains 6 questions, most of them are behavioral and basic, nothing diffcult.

Interview Questions

• 1: why do you choose Bloomberg
      2: give an example you help ohter people
      3: What do you know about financial analyst
      4: resent news you read   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2019.

Interview

It was an online interview, you had 7 questions and each question you would have 1 minute to prepare. The whole process was smooth. The question itself was not too hard. They just asked you about your background and experience. You can see the time on the screen. Also, you can practice many times as you need. You can check the camera and the time.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

the interview has so many rounds, all through video calls. the first round is hirevue, and then HR interview, then Manager, and finally head of division. the process is very efficient, I usually received the result of interview 3 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• why Bloomberg, why this role (need to have very clear understanding of Bloomberg function and the role)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fine. I left feeling ambiguous about it. You get to check out what actually analysts are doing and shadow them. Then you go to a stimulation, followed by two thirty minute interviews. After that you are all done its a pretty quick process.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

First applied for the role on the Bloomberg site. Received an email a few months later to complete a virtual interview. Completed that, then received an email to schedule a phone interview. Completed a phone interview with someone from HR, and I actually thought I performed very poorly, as I was thrown off by a few questions, but I guess I didn't. They flew me out to HQ in New York, where we had to complete a simulation of working the Help Desk for the Terminal and answering fake client inquiries about how to use it. Then interviewed twice for 30 mins, one with an analyst and the other with a sales manager. Finally, completed a final phone interview with another analyst about a week later, and received an offer within a week after.

Interview Questions

• Describe a current event you've been following, what types of clients would be following this, and how this affects them?   Answer Question
    • What are the three most important qualities in a sales call?   Answer Question
    • Had to do a sales call, and pitch a random product to the sales manager.   Answer Question
    • Ran through a simulation of the Bloomberg Help Desk over the phone in my final phone interview (was slightly chaotic).   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Other than typical interview questions like introducing yourself, why leave current company, why relocate, the HR also asked what industry will you prefer to invest, which is surprising. No question about finance or data.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was applying for a full time position at the Hong Kong office. After my resume passed, I was asked to do an online self recorded interview. After 2,3 weeks I was asked to do a phone interview from the Hong Kong office.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.