Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

5,643 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online for Senior Software Engineer - Artificial Intelligence role through recommendation. The interview process was very smooth and professional and HR took good care of going through all the process. I had a screen call scheduled with two research engineers to evaluate my relevant skills and experience, suitability for the role, followed by an open systems design question and an online coding exercise (typical CS problems).
    Apart from a strong software engineering background, the role clearly requires significant experience in the AI-related fields and I unfortunately lacked some basics in machine learning -- it's a very complete and really interesting role. However, the interviewers very professional and trying to help. I did not get the offer, but I really appreciated the interview.

Interview Questions

• - Background and experience suitable for the role
      - Open systems design question (information storage and retrieval)
      - Typical CS online coding exercise   6 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

It was a white board coding with two engineers. I got asked one algo question and one system design question. The engineers were friendly and understanding, even though it was my first interview.

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

phone screen with recruiter, conversation with engineer about past projects and short technical question, virtual "on-site" style day with a couple of coding interviews, a convo w/ an HR recruiter, a conversation with a manager

BNEF Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was fine at the beginning, I progressed through two rounds and one written assignment, and then the HR ghosted me. After reaching out multiple times - with no updates - they invited me for a 2-hour interview, which went really well. After 3 weeks, I asked for updates, and I got an automatic message saying that they went for another candidate. Probably the worst interview experience I have had so far.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I was approached by recruiter for the position. I have been thinking to switch jobs, so decided to give it a shot. Definitely one should revise data structures, algorithms and their runtimes and traditional problems like knapsack producer consumers etc. Phone screen was easy leetcode style question. I was able to solve and write code for the first problem. For second problem we were short on time, hence I explained the approach with pseudo code. Interviewer was satisfied.
    Afterward virtual onsite was scheduled for whole day. I logged in in the morning, recruiter explained process and what to expect. First hour was with two engineers. After initial introduction, I was asked to solve the problem. I suggested two solutions which we discussed. I explained runtime for both approaches. I did mix up runtimes but corrected while explaining the solution. Second interview was also with two engineers. Within few mins I had this feeling that one of the interviewer is going to be challenging. For any clarification questions he kept saying basic trivial design or I don’t care. But in the end he wasn’t satisfied with the solution. You know not all interviewer wants you to succeed. Some of them are really trying to pull you down. Second interviewer also asked another problem to solve. I suggested two solutions, explained whole thing including runtime. I implemented most of it. He kept adding complexity to the question and I was giving solutions. After 2 hours we took a break of 15 mins. After 15 mins I was told it’s done for the day. Recruiter will contact me further. I knew this is the end.
    Pros: I was interviewing for any position after looong. So yes I am rusty with academics, but I was good with problem solving. I know where to focus.
    Cons: Interviewer should be explicit about problem being represented. Conveying solve it in simple terms sends mixed signal. Recruiter could have been more professional to give follow up call/email to tell me that I don’t meet their criteria.

Interview Questions

• Remove element from linked list with matching value?
      Pick k elements from list which sums to a number provided?   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Interview

apply online, then you have to do a hirvue with about five questions. After that, you super day and then final interview. The process moves pretty quickly and is easy to navigate.

Interview Questions

Interview

1. Tour of the company
    2. Shadow a current worker for 10-15 min
    2. Phantom Chat, act like you're already on the role dealing with frustrated clients
    3. Group interview, your group is given a scenario to analyze a company
    4. Individual interview with someone from sales and someone from analytics

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you can't live without, and sell me that product   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Two one-hour long interviews, where two separate small groups (around 2) relevant team members from Bloomberg interview you. Each of these two interviews were structured exactly the same: 10 to 20 minutes of talking about your background and questions directed toward you, followed by 30 to 40 minutes of technical problems (as many as you can solve), followed by any questions you have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about <X technology you've used according to your resume> and what are the pros and cons of using that technology, in relation to deciding whether to use it in a project. What are the alternatives to that technology?   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with a recruiter of the company. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. The recruiter indicated that the process would involve about 4-5 rounds of interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a Bloomberg L.P recruiter. We scheduled the initial phone call, and went over the job description. The recruiter went over details regarding Bloomberg L.P and its engineering departments. After sharing my background, I was sent a link to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled and had the interview with one of Bloomberg engineers.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg. Recent Project. Leetcode medium problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Reviewed my resume at career fair, then a single technical interview on campus before I was invited to NYC for an onsite. The onsite was more conversational interviews with a few managers, and I was verbally assured of an offer at the end of the day. The offer came a few days later via email and a call from one of the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe how you would architect a ticket management system?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.