BlueScope Steel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

BlueScope Steel Interview Questions

Interviews at BlueScope Steel

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel (Kansas City, MO (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I got contacted by recruiters and applied through them. The whole process took less than 2 weeks since the day I applied to the day I received the offer. All questions are very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have many project deadlines coming?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel (Kansas City, KS (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Group in person interview with human resource person, hiring manager and director. Standard interview questions where you had to name times you had a conflict and how you resolved it.

Interview Questions

• Please describe modeling skills you use at your current job?   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel.

Interview

Generally revolved around the job and what it entailed. Talks about education background, bilingual ability, past job history. The interviewer was very knowledgable, he was soft spoken and made me feel comfortable to answer his questions.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel (Memphis, TN (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Met with 2 managers for about an hour, and then met with the HR lead. the whole experience was not bad at all. they are very informative in explaining there company and was made to feel very welcome from the minute i walked in the door

Interview Questions

• I dont remember. i know we talked about my experience and where i wanted to be   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel in January 2020.

Interview

Standard interview format with panel of senior management. Discussion of myself, career goals and where I want to head at the company. Arrived in a suit, they appreciated the effort I put in, I was very nervous but they where kind and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you have encountered and resolved.   1 Answer

Finance Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel (Melbourne) in January 2020.

Interview

Process us arduous for candidate, you are trying to understand the company and role. Nothing much is provided and Company is enormous. First a phone interview with HR really trying to gauge whether you’ve worked in similar role/environment before. Second is video interview where the questions are presented in pc screen and then you have 1-2mins to answer. I didnt do well in this. Hard to gauge without human element. 3rd was interview with first line manager and HR. Was unsuccessful after this round.

Corporate/Finance Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel (Melbourne) in September 2019.

Interview

The first stage of the recruitment process for BlueScope involves an online automated interview . . . that means you're questioned by a 'robot' . . . and videoed while doing so. This is done via a third party platform called 'Sonru'.

An automated interview is a terrible introduction to a potential employer. It's highly impersonal and gives no opportunity to ask questions about the role/company. At this point in the process, I want to interact with a human being to discuss my experience/qualifications and suitability for the position. This asymmetric approach requires an investment of time and effort from the candidate, but nothing in return from the employer.

The privacy issues raised by videoing part of the recruitment process are also a concern. There are no reassurances provided by BlueScope (or Sonru) regarding this matter.

I withdrew my application. This was really disappointing because the job description was excellent. I would’ve liked to know more about BlueScope and proceed with a proper interview and assessment process. Ho-hum.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel (Melbourne) in September 2019.

Interview

A hiring manage with a power complex. The number of hoops they made you jump through including a 'reverse interview', a 30 minute presentation where they just wanted to rip off your ideas, and no opportunity to actually speak about the role itself. I was kept for 1.5 hours in one interview basically so the hiring manager could talk about themself. It was a bizarre experience from start to finish.

Junior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel (Wollongong) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online and then got an offer for a video interview which turned into an face to face interview with HR, head of electrical engineering and the manager of the plant that I applied for.

Legal Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel in March 2016.

Interview

The process took almost 3 months, extremely low with no explanation. Legal team were nice, friendly and moderate but the HR Manager who coordinated the process and salary negotiation was terribly nasty, cocky, inhuman and rude.

Three rounds. One round with hypothetical test.

Interview Questions

• General questions on experience and prosperous contribution to the company.   Answer Question
    • One hypothetical test was given. It was about a contract negotiation.   Answer Question

HR was penny pitching. Insisted on my current earnings & past salary history even though they had been informed from the first interview that I never disclose that piece of information.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.