Bodybuilding.com Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 29 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bodybuilding.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in May 2021

Interview

I applied online and received a request to set up an HR phone interview. After the HR interview was set, the HR representative was 15 minutes late to which I had to send a follow-up email to confirm if it was still a good time to talk, and they called a few minutes after this. However the background of the caller was incredibly loud and they did not seem like they were prepared at all. This call lasted 10 minutes. I was then requested to set up a hiring team interview, where I sent the times I was available an hour or so after receiving the request. I didn't hear back on a confirmed time for days - up until the day that that was requested, when I had to follow-up again. HR finally responded to say an interview wouldn't work until another week out, which was fine. I studied and prepared for days for the hiring interview with the Merchandising VP and Project Manager. As soon as I was on the call the VP advised the interview would not in fact be an hour as scheduled, but only 30 minutes since they had another engagement. The interview proceeded to be only strange, personality based questions with no inquiry on the skills or experience I brought to the table. The VP monopolized and interrupted the entire conversation, and though I left still feeling pretty good, they have ignored any follow-up on next steps post-interview, after saying I would hear back in a few days ("were moving fast"). Overall, an incredibly unprofessional and disrespectful experience. As potential employees, we're also attending these interviews to see if the company is a good fit for us, we are respecting your time, this company does not have the decency to respect yours.

Interview Questions
  • Do you take supplements? Where do you go to get them? You have 100 M&Ms: there is a people skills bucket, analytic bucket, and pop culture/trend bucket - how do you divide your M&Ms to describe yourself? Who is famous person, that I would know, that you look up to/want to be like? Referencing the last two places you've worked: tell me about what you did at each job and tell me about why you left/wanted to leave each (be succinct, they will interrupt you)?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Bodybuilding.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com in May 2021

Interview

HR phone screen. She did no introductions, just immediately said “tell me about yourself”. After the resume walkthrough she had no thoughts or questions, literally asked nothing. Followed up with her a week later with no response, several weeks after the phone screen it appears I’ve been ghosted. Very unprofessional all around.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bodybuilding.com

Application

I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com

Interview

Overall the process felt very stiff and forced. The questions were vague and the interviewer didn't really seem to know answers to my general questions about the company. After further research I found they had two massive employee layoffs in 2020 and that was a red flag for me.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bodybuilding.com

Application

I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com

Interview

Thanks for asking about my strengths. What I bring to the team is a strong record in relationship building. I have solid work ethic. In my previous job, I not only meet the deadline but also complete the project well ahead of schedule. Result in complement from boss and increased 10% in profit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bodybuilding.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com in Jul 2019

Interview

I applied for the position in early June, and did not hear back from the company until early July. I was asked to set up a phone screen with a recruiter. I spoke to her over the phone. The recruiter introduced herself, and asked me about myself. While talking to Tawny she sounded like she genuinely cared about my work history and the things I'm passionate about outside of work. I imagine she talks to a lot of people a day, so making me feel like I was important was nice. We talked about my experience, my knowledge base, how I hone my skills and grow them. I know she has never been an engineer, but she was able to talk to me intelligently. When I asked her about the company, you could hear the passion in her voice about the company. She answered questions about the team, the culture, the different databases, and some of how the company is moving. I am currently waiting to hear how her talk with the hiring managers went, but she left me with the feeling that Bodybuilding.com is the company I want to work for!

Interview Questions
  • Have your worked in an Agile Environment before? How long were your typical sprints?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in Jun 2019

Interview

Received a phone call. Expected the usual HR phone interview but instead got roasted about my experience. The interviewer called with no intention of actually setting up an in-person interview. Instead, they said my 1 year of experience was not enough for their job posting of preferred two years experience. They said my non-work experience did not matter because I was not being paid for it. My bachelor degree in Computer Science meant nothing to the HR lady. Toward the end of the phone call she also said I had applied for another position, and that I was not going to be considered for that position either. I'm not sure why they even called me. An email would have sufficed. I don't like being talked down to like I was by her.

Interview Questions
  • So, you don't have *any* prior work experience other than what you've listed on your resume?
  • Asked about everything I already put on the job application and my resume.
  • So these personal and academic projects, you weren't being paid for them? You cannot count that toward your years of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in May 2019

Interview

Recruiter emailed asking to set up a time for a phone interview, after replying within the hour (at the beginning of the day) I did not hear back until the next business day. Recruiter called late, seemed flustered, and clearly had not read my cover letter. Seemed as if they'd just pulled up my resume for the first time as well. Asked several closed-ended questions, assumed I'd been let go from my last job (not the case), did not allow me to ask any questions about the position, and cut the interview off without notice. A different recruiter called several days later to inform me I was no longer being considered. I was relieved as the interview had left a sour taste in my mouth for the company.

Interview Questions
  • Was your last position a contract position, or did they just no longer have a need for you?

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in May 2019

Interview

I have recently learned how much harder it is to seek out work when you are not just looking for a paycheck. It is insane how much you can tell by a company just in the way their interviews are conducted. I went through several interviews and not one of them can come close in comparison to the outstanding experience I had doing so through BodyBuilding.com. Some jobs take weeks to even get back to you! This company contacted me within 24 hours and that is only the beginning. Through the phone interview process, the interviewer did an outstanding job of making it feel like a conversation rather than a questionnaire. I can’t thank her enough for making it personable so I could comfortably answer each question in a way that wasn't written out or scripted. This left an impression that would keep me loyal to this company whether they offered me a position or not! The face to face interview was just as comfortable as the one conducted through the phone. I felt like I could talk to them as if I had known these amazing induvial for years. The setting it was conducted in was comfortable and there wasn’t a moment in the process where I felt panicked from intimidation. One short tour made me devoted to becoming employed by them because the vibes were like nothing I had ever felt being in a workplace. Everyone easily displayed signs of pure enjoyment for the work they were doing and there were no signs of discontent! I cannot wait to share more as I join this environment in a few short weeks! Thank you so much!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bodybuilding.com

Application

I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com

Interview

I spoke with a member of the HR team I believe the manager or recruiting. The call was around 25 minutes. It was a basic background overview and some technical question. The interview process moved pretty quick. I was contacted then had my phone interview a few days later.

Interview Questions
  • Have you worked with any cloud techs? (AWS)
  • Give an example of a project you worked on in the last 12 months where you used a new technology?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID) in Mar 2019

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter after I applied for a basic phone screen conversation with HR and the hiring manager. They said I would hear back about the next steps within a couple of days. 3 weeks went by before they set up another interview. They scheduled the interview for 8 am (which I was more than ok with), and it was set up for 5 people to be in the room to interview me. 1 person should up on time. 2 others joined 35-45 minutes late and were very grumpy. When they got there I introduced myself and they responded "This too early." The people that were late were very aggressive every time they spoke and it got uncomfortable. One of the questions asked was "how do i stay up to date on new technology?" I responded by taking Udemy courses etc. He rudely responded and said "I didnt say how do you learn new technology, I asked how you stay up on current technology." I was not impressed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews