Bodybuilding.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Bodybuilding.com Interview Questions

Interviews at Bodybuilding.com

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com in July 2019.

Interview

I applied for the position in early June, and did not hear back from the company until early July. I was asked to set up a phone screen with a recruiter. I spoke to her over the phone. The recruiter introduced herself, and asked me about myself. While talking to Tawny she sounded like she genuinely cared about my work history and the things I'm passionate about outside of work. I imagine she talks to a lot of people a day, so making me feel like I was important was nice. We talked about my experience, my knowledge base, how I hone my skills and grow them. I know she has never been an engineer, but she was able to talk to me intelligently. When I asked her about the company, you could hear the passion in her voice about the company. She answered questions about the team, the culture, the different databases, and some of how the company is moving. I am currently waiting to hear how her talk with the hiring managers went, but she left me with the feeling that Bodybuilding.com is the company I want to work for!

Interview Questions

• Have your worked in an Agile Environment before? How long were your typical sprints?   1 Answer

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Received a phone call. Expected the usual HR phone interview but instead got roasted about my experience. The interviewer called with no intention of actually setting up an in-person interview. Instead, they said my 1 year of experience was not enough for their job posting of preferred two years experience. They said my non-work experience did not matter because I was not being paid for it. My bachelor degree in Computer Science meant nothing to the HR lady. Toward the end of the phone call she also said I had applied for another position, and that I was not going to be considered for that position either. I'm not sure why they even called me. An email would have sufficed. I don't like being talked down to like I was by her.

Interview Questions

• So, you don't have *any* prior work experience other than what you've listed on your resume?   1 Answer
    • Asked about everything I already put on the job application and my resume.   Answer Question
    • So these personal and academic projects, you weren't being paid for them? You cannot count that toward your years of experience.   1 Answer

24 Jun 2019 – Human Resource

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I want to apologize for the poor experience you had. We are currently addressing your concerns internally and hope that you will think of us again as other career opportunities of interest arise. If you are interested, we would love to give you a follow-up interview. Please feel free to connect with me directly. - Nick, Talent Acquisition

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Recruiter emailed asking to set up a time for a phone interview, after replying within the hour (at the beginning of the day) I did not hear back until the next business day. Recruiter called late, seemed flustered, and clearly had not read my cover letter. Seemed as if they'd just pulled up my resume for the first time as well. Asked several closed-ended questions, assumed I'd been let go from my last job (not the case), did not allow me to ask any questions about the position, and cut the interview off without notice. A different recruiter called several days later to inform me I was no longer being considered. I was relieved as the interview had left a sour taste in my mouth for the company.

Interview Questions

• Was your last position a contract position, or did they just no longer have a need for you?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I have recently learned how much harder it is to seek out work when you are not just looking for a paycheck. It is insane how much you can tell by a company just in the way their interviews are conducted. I went through several interviews and not one of them can come close in comparison to the outstanding experience I had doing so through BodyBuilding.com. Some jobs take weeks to even get back to you! This company contacted me within 24 hours and that is only the beginning. Through the phone interview process, the interviewer did an outstanding job of making it feel like a conversation rather than a questionnaire. I can’t thank her enough for making it personable so I could comfortably answer each question in a way that wasn't written out or scripted. This left an impression that would keep me loyal to this company whether they offered me a position or not! The face to face interview was just as comfortable as the one conducted through the phone. I felt like I could talk to them as if I had known these amazing induvial for years. The setting it was conducted in was comfortable and there wasn’t a moment in the process where I felt panicked from intimidation. One short tour made me devoted to becoming employed by them because the vibes were like nothing I had ever felt being in a workplace. Everyone easily displayed signs of pure enjoyment for the work they were doing and there were no signs of discontent! I cannot wait to share more as I join this environment in a few short weeks! Thank you so much!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I spoke with a member of the HR team I believe the manager or recruiting. The call was around 25 minutes. It was a basic background overview and some technical question. The interview process moved pretty quick. I was contacted then had my phone interview a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with any cloud techs? (AWS)   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a project you worked on in the last 12 months where you used a new technology?   Answer Question

6 May 2019 – Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Although we were unable to find your next career opportunity during the process, we want to stay connected and help you as new opportunities arise. - Nick, Talent Acquisition

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter after I applied for a basic phone screen conversation with HR and the hiring manager. They said I would hear back about the next steps within a couple of days. 3 weeks went by before they set up another interview. They scheduled the interview for 8 am (which I was more than ok with), and it was set up for 5 people to be in the room to interview me. 1 person should up on time. 2 others joined 35-45 minutes late and were very grumpy. When they got there I introduced myself and they responded "This too early." The people that were late were very aggressive every time they spoke and it got uncomfortable.

One of the questions asked was "how do i stay up to date on new technology?" I responded by taking Udemy courses etc. He rudely responded and said "I didnt say how do you learn new technology, I asked how you stay up on current technology." I was not impressed.

Interview Questions

Bodybuilding.com Response

6 May 2019 – Human Resource

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are constantly looking at ways to improve candidate experience. We are addressing your concerns internally and hope that you will think of us again as other career opportunities of interest arise. - Nick, Talent Acquisition

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID (US)).

Interview

I was out of state so my process might be a tad different than others. I had 2 phone interviews (1 with the HR and 1 with the department manager), 1 skype interview (department VP and department manager), and then was flown out for a final "interview"/job offer. I appreciated being able to meet everyone in person, get a sense of the culture, and having that in person offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you see social media changing the landscape of the industry?   Answer Question

Audio Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and asked fair questions about myself and my experience. They asked what programs I used and why I was interested in the position. Also, where I applied for the position.

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a recruiter screening call weeks after applying. Recruiter set up an interview with the hiring manager a week later who seemed disinterested in interviewing me. Received a follow up email a week later from the recruiter with some homework. After emailing the homework back I received a call from the recruiter that they were lowering the job classification and that I was over qualified but it felt more like a hard salary negotiation tactic.

E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bodybuilding.com (Boise, ID (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Three week process - 1st week: culture screening - 2nd week: interview with team - 3rd week: outcome.

The process was quick and efficient while keeping the interview fun and calm.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.