British American Tobacco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

British American Tobacco Interview Questions

Updated 15 Feb 2018

3.3

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Online testing, phone interview, interview, I am still waiting for response in regardence of the next cycle of interviews, they are professional but it takes to long the whole process is lasting up to now a month. B

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Structured with alot of probing, the Hiring Manager did not ask much technical questions as they probe more on what you explained through your work experience. The Hiring Managers are well versed with their business and sell very well on their job opportunities and career development

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your weakness, strength, achievements   1 Answer

Logistic Coordinator Interview

Interview

There is was two part individual and team interview. On the individual part you should've take a test and also do an interview with the managements. Then on the team, there is was scenario / a case that the team needed to discuss about and come up with a recommendations and present the case.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in March 2012.

Interview

1.Phoe interview
    2. Assessment for resolve in team and individually
    3.. You have to present your own solution, they are gonna make questions to know how you react to certain situations - This related with sales and marketing
    4. The case was no related with cigarettes, it was actually about candies.

Interview Questions

• Experiences in sales
      Expectations   2 Answers

Accounts Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in July 2009.

Interview

Post job advertisment in the local dailies, contact for interview, provide refreshments, iice breakers and aptitude tests. Friendly, receptive interviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Benefits and salsries are comprtitive and attractive: there isn't much to negotiate.

Global Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)).

Interview

It takes around 4-5 rounds:
    - Cultural Test
    - Phone screening
    - Initial Interview
    - Assessment Day
    -Final Interview
    The interview was taken in Vietnam by diverse interviewer from different countries, a fun discussion basically about your background, skills and experiences in the field

Interview Questions

• What made you a strong candidate for the position? Your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Global Marketing Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Copenhagen (Denmark)).

Interview

The process is very similar as described by many others:
    1) Send application
    2) Complete culture Questionaire
    3) Complete verbal and logical Reasoning test
    4) Phone interview
    5) 2 days assessment centre (The step where i am right now)

The culture questionnaire is very easy and i recommend everyone to just be honest about the response.
    The net two tests are untimed. However i used jobtestprep to prepare the Kenaxa style verbal and logical reasoning test before taking the initial tests. This was a great help. The tests provided by BAT are computer controlled and you will keep receiving questions until the system feels is has a good impression of your abilities.
    My verbal test took only 8 minutes and the logical reasoning test took 25 minutes.

Next i was invited to a phone interview after 2 weeks. To prepare for the interview i again used the guide from jobtestprep, screened glassdoor for interview questions others had experienced and did a thorough research on the tobacco industry and the FMCG industry.

Questions i was asked:
    1) The recruiter started by saying she would give me 15 minutes to give an introduction of myself and my educational background. She interrupted me when i started to talk about on of my internships and asked further questions.
    2) Next, describe a situation where there was a conflict or challenge?
    3) Describe a situation where you surpassed your own skills?
    4) Why do you want to work for BAT?
    5) How do you personally feel about working for a tobacco company?
    6) What is your biggest achievement?
    7) Choose a global brand you like, why do you like it and what can they do to achieve more success? (Critical success factors)
    8) What do you know about the tobacco industry and the competitive landscape?
    9) What challenges do you see in the tobacco industry?
    10) What is your perception of the success of electronic cigarettes in the future?

After two weeks i wan invited to participate in the assessment centre which is 2 days. I have still not participated yet.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter started by saying she would give me 15 minutes to give an introduction of myself and my educational background. She interrupted me when i started to talk about on of my internships and asked further questions.   1 Answer
    • describe a situation where there was a conflict or challenge?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you surpassed your own skills?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for BAT?   Answer Question
    • How do you personally feel about working for a tobacco company?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest achievement?   Answer Question
    • Choose a global brand you like, why do you like it and what can they do to achieve more success? (Critical success factors)   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the tobacco industry and the competitive landscape?   Answer Question
    • What challenges do you see in the tobacco industry?   Answer Question
    • What is your perception of the success of electronic cigarettes in the future?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco.

Interview

Its very rigorous. I applied - automatically got invited to do the Culture Questionnaire. I got an automatic email inviting me to do the cognitive tests. Did that and didn't get through, despite having passed.

Global Graduates – Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Hamburg (Germany)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for trainee position on 20th November 2017 and received a link to an online assessment the next day. I completed the assessment successfully and on 14th December 2017 I had a telephone interview with an HR employee. She asked me questions about my CV, my motivation for applying at BAT and why I chose the industry. In addition, she was very interested in how I would approach marketing in a highly-regulated environment and what I know about the next generation products. Since I am highly interested in working in industries that go through a transformation due to disruptive forces, I chose the tobacco industry because to me it is like selling short in the stock market (on the way downwards, you are still making profits). Due to health concerns, tight regulations, changes in consumer behaviour and life style attitude I would have loved to work on promoting products like glo or Vype in Germany. The HR employee was very polite and respectful and also came up with interesting follow up question because she noticed that I am well informed about the tobacco industries, its products, revenues, sales numbers, seasonality, correlations, marketing campaigns. After 40 minutes, she explained to me the next steps and told me that she also wants to give the other applicants a fair chance and needs to continue with telephone interviews. Nevertheless, she asked me about possible free days in January and February 2018 in order to schedule an AC in Hamburg (Germany). In the middle of January, I received a phone call from a Germany based HR employee. Very friendly call! She addressed me with my first name and so did I. We agreed on an AC day on the 8th February and I received a follow up email with details on time, location and accommodation.
    The nice thing about the AC is that there is a Get-Together the day before the actual AC is taking place. The entire AC is conducted in English and I guess it includes face-to-face interviews, case studies, group presentation and so on. Unfortunately, I am not able to attend the AC in February due to work related complications. She understood my situation and offered to put me on a waiting list for the next ACs that are taking place in summer 2018, so that I would get a chance to become an AC participant.
    All in all: Very good communication, HR employees showing honest interest in your application and in you as a person. Furthermore, a very fair and flexible application process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our brands?
      Industry-related facts? Next generation products (glo)? recent marketing campaigns and regulations? Sales figures? -->everything is good to know (watch documentaries, read news and reports)   1 Answer

Global Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco.

Interview

Many Rounds include CV Skimming, Online Tests, Phone Interview, Face-to-face Interview and Assessment Center. The assessment center was three-fold: Supplier Selection, Investment and Marketing Plan.
    Assessment center takes the pressure of time limitation.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.