Brown-Forman Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Brown-Forman

2.9

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with multiple groups of interviewers over two days. Questions ranged from in-depth previous work coverage to behavioral/attitude. Everyone involved in the interview process was very friendly and was strictly looking for someone that could add something to their company. If given the chance to interview and coming from out of town, a hotel is usually paid for by the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe you will be able to bring to the team if given the opportunity to work for Brown-Forman?   1 Answer

Associate Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions. Past behaviors can predict future behaviors. Interviewers really like if you can give them a situation, the task you were faced with, the action you took, and the result.
    Interviews may be done 1 on 1. You will normally be interviewed by an HR rep, the manager and/or head of the department, and a direct report.

Interview Questions

• We have all been in a situation where we cannot accomplish everything on the to-do list, how have you managed expectations when you could not meet a deadlline given to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you and a coworker did not agree   Answer Question

College Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied through campus and received my first interview on campus. This interview went over your resume and consisted of a few behavorial questions. Heard back the next day and was invited to interview at Brown Forman. This consisted of a social pre-night social/presentation. Had five interviews the next morning, all being behavorial. Then we had lunch and a tour of tthe bottling facility and a second social that night.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one negative thing about teams?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to convince a group of people do something?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown-Forman in February 2012.

Interview

Competency model. STAR type. You have to be really strong on your ability to connect/collaborate since the spirit business is extremely complex in its based on relations. You have to be willing to bring value, yet appreciate the tenure and knowledge in the company. Their culture is their most important asset. You have to understand it and respect it.

Interview Questions

• nothing major. Typical questions... tell me about a time you failed... etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much room to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and reached out to the hiring manager on LinkedIn. I received a email, a few days later, in November asking me to complete a questionnaire. Not even a week later I received a phone call from a recruiter for a face to face interview. It was scheduled for the following week. The interview consisted of group interviews. The first was with the Director of the department and a HR Rep. The second was with the hiring manager and a member of the team. The each lasted about a hour or so. About 2 weeks later, I received a phone call me the HR recruiter stating that they went with a Internal temp (Go-Figure!). Overall, it was a very professional and pleasant interview process. Everyone there was nice. Even the people I met in passing. You can most definitely tell that the employees are proud to work at Brown Forman. It is a very outstanding company with great benefits. And they even have a Pension! I did not make the cut this time around but hopefully I will have better success on the next interview.

Interview Questions

• They where all behavioral questions. I took the time to study a week prior to the interview so that I would not get hung up on my answers and could provide great scenarios. It is important to answer the questions in three parts. As they are looking for a situation, task/action and the result. Just make sure they relate to the position and your previous/current job experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The initial interview is done through a video montage program. You do not interview for a specific role, so answer the questions honestly and they will see if you're a good fit with any of the available positions. My video interviewed was followed by a phone interview with a manager, who was later my supervisor after I accepted the position. There was no in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to learn while working at Brown-Forman?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. It was a standard hourly rate since I was interviewing for an internship.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Video interview via online web portal that asks you to record a set of five simple questions. Not a big deal. I don't really know how this helps managers pick employees. I really believe its up to connections in the workplace for really securing an internship (unless of course if you have either a really good video or a really bad one).

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was a quick and easy process - you had to film yourself answering typical behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected, though it was strange that it was not with a person.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was different than others. I was given a one week window to record the answers to various interview questions on my computer webcam. I was posed a question, had then had unlimited attempts to record my answer. It was slightly awkward, just make sure to wear a coat and tie up top (I wore shorts under the desk).

Interview Questions

• One of the hardest questions they asked was "what made me unique". It's a difficult question for some people to answer sometimes, but as long as you supply 2-3 distinguishing factors about yourself it's really not too difficult. The other questions were very basic, asking your interest in the position and why you'd be a good fit.   Answer Question

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Brown-Forman (Louisville, KY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview went great I think, then a couple weeks later I did in person interview. I thought that went great, but I have not heard back from them. I understand that it is a long process. But the waiting is the hard part.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you thought a job was finished and it was not?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.