Burns & McDonnell Electrical Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Burns & McDonnell Electrical Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Burns & McDonnell

2.4

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

First contact at university career fair. One on one interview the next week. A month later contacted for an on site interview at the headquarters. The interview was a 15 minute presentation about myself and then a few short questions about my ambitions and course work.

Interview Questions

• What courses did you enjoy? What courses did you not like as much?   Answer Question
  • Have you considered getting your Profession Engineers License?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Burns & McDonnell

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two stages. A primary local event was held where one on one interviews were conducted - engineers experienced in the field were brought in and allowed for easier communication between the two parties. Some candidates were selected for secondary interviews via telephone for a more technical interview - the attention of the interviewers was hard to get, so don't expect any give and take. It seemed as they had better things to do and hiring was just a chore.

Interview Questions

• Does the current work our group is doing interest you?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through online, after a day I got video interview which was pre-recorded. They asked pretty easy behavior questions. I had to record my answer, and I could re-answer 1 time for each question.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview with the HR for about 20 minutes. They asked about past work experience and explaining about Burns & McDonnell. They also asked why I was interested in working for the company. They emailed back after one whole week and informed that I did not get a offer.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (College Station, TX (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Met them at a campus career fair. Was invited to on-campus interview within 2 weeks. Was told I would receive an update in two weeks. On the third week I received an email saying I am not the candidate they were looking for. The person hiring me was nice, though didn't seem to like being asked about the company culture.

Interview Questions

• What leadership positions have you taken in extra-curricular activities?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

The first interview was strictly behavioral. They asked about why I wanted to be an electrical engineer and then why I would be a good candidate for the job. Really nice interviewer but failed to know some technical knowledge. Second interview they asked about rectifiers as a technical question.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was half an hour. There were multiple questions about my work history relating to the position. Also, the typical character/personality questions that you would hear. This was an interview on my college campus though, so it may have been a little shorter than one that could be performed at the office.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do here?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went okay. Most of the questions were behavioral. The interview went on for 30 minutes. Not all questions were tough. It was a good experience overall. It would be a good experience to work with Burns & McDonnell.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process started with an online interview which was mainly behavioral. Following that was a full phone interview with all behavioral questions asking mainly about myself and why I was interested in the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what type of role you assume inside a group setting and give an example.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Lincoln, NE (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic interview where they sit you down and go over your resume. Dress is formal but the interview is kinda informal. Just brag about yourself and you should do well because all they really want to know if you'd be a good coworker. They look more into personality rather than grades.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.