CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at CDK Global

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

from application to offer was over 2 months. I had a phone interview and was required to do coding as part of the interview via screen share. What made the interview helpful was the manager. He was helpful, engaging and friendly. Put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Please describe how you would code a stack   1 Answer

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Be prepared for a full day of interviews. This process was new to me, so bring a lunch if they don't tell you one is provided. You'll meet with 1-2 people at a time in about 45 minute increments for the duration of the day. It provides a well-rounded picture for the employer, but can be grueling for the interviewee if not ready.

Luckily, my interview was at the end of the day because of my schedule, but I've since been on the other side of the table, and I know my experience was not the norm.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in five years?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They extended a much more generous offer than anticipated so I accepted after just considering for a few hours. To add a cherry on top, rather than offer the signing bonus originally mentioned, they decided to increase the offered salary by that amount (but regularly for each year, which was better than a one-time bonus).

SEO Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

The interview started with 1st tier recruiter which contacted me. That process was done by phone and took 20 minutes. At the end of the conversation I was scheduled with the 2nd tier recruiter for a week later. That discussion lasted about 45 minutes. About 10 days later I received a skills and personality test. My face to face interview took place with one local Manager and a Manager via conference call. Thirty minutes later there was a meeting with two more Managers and then the final conversation with the Senior Manager.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a major loss of SERP positions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was a basic screening with a recruitment specialist. I received the call pretty quickly after submission of my application (within a few days). This call was probably about 15 minutes and they did ask me what salary I was looking for, so that's something to be prepared for.

I was then requested to take a personality/IQ test. I think they said it would take 20 minutes... but it was more like an hour+. There's math on there, so you might want to brush up a bit if it's been a while. Calculators are not allowed and I think part of what they are measuring is honesty. This test is a pain but I'm glad that people have to take it as it does help considerably with company culture.

After they reviewed my personality/IQ test, I received a call to set up an in-office interview. The view is beautiful if you are coming on a sunny day in particular. It was a Friday and associates were lined up for Cheer30 - free food and social time. This gave me a pretty good feel for the company culture. My interview started with two people and then a 3rd replaced them. Most of the questions were similar so you may need to repeat yourself a bit but all in all I think it went well. They are really looking for people who are a fit for the position and company culture, so be natural but professional and it will be best for everyone. Most questions are behavioral in nature so be prepared with lots of examples of your work and thinking process.

Following the successful interview I had to have a drug test (required for everyone) and they ran my background check. The background check is pretty detailed, particularly when it comes to work history. I believe they gave me an offer before running these things but it was contingent on their success.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had too much to do and were working on a deadline. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay they offered me was on the high end of my requested salary, so I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a simple interview process. They required you to submit several writing samples for the kind of SEO content you would populate into the content of a page. They also asked you to assess a page for its SEO and for you to write what changes you would make to improve it. The in-person interview process was a lot less intensive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've had working with someone and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied for the position online through Indeed and was contacted directly by an internal recruiter. I had a 1 hr phone interview 2 days later and was then told that the hiring manager. He called me less than a week later and agreed to meet me at a Starbucks near my current job rather than requiring me to drive an hour outside of Chicago to their corporate headquarters (the position is work from home with heavy travel). Two days later I had a final phone interview with the director which was a series of behavioral questions which were much more formal than the previous two conversation like interviews. The next day, they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      Why are you leaving your current job?
      Describe a time when you adapted to adversity   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are open to negotiating up to 6% on salary, I'm not sure about benefits.

Business Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

There were several phone interviews and one face to face interview with one of the implementation managers. Interview involved several situational interview questions mixed in with strength and weakness questions. Overall the interview process is not very difficult. It just takes about a week to complete the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you were faced with a difficult decision at work?   Answer Question

CDK Global Response

9 Sep 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write about your interview experience with CDK and congratulations on your offer!

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Phone call first and then in office meeting with manager and a few staff. Was offered job within a few weeks but had to do a bunch with HR before starting in the position

Interview Questions

• Questions related to the field to confirm my knowledge in the field   1 Answer

CDK Global Response

23 May 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We are happy you are part of the CDK team! Congrats on your offer!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

The HR representative was 30 minutes late calling me. When they finally did, the woman did not appologize for being late and proceeded to eat her lunch while we were talking. She asked what my salary range was, then challenged the fact that I had been making that much in my previous position. She then suggested I interview for a different role - this was a role that I had held two years prior. I was extremely insulted by this interview and I would never work for this company.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

LONG and drawn out due to background checks, multiple interviews (with people traveling) and working with internal recruiters. Each interview was at least 1.5-2 hours; 5 total interviews including a presentation to a panel of employees.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were solely based on the interviewee. One reoccurring question was, "do you have any automotive experience"?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, but long. Lots of back and forth.