CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

CDK Global Interview Questions

Interviews at CDK Global

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

They took resumes at the career fair at my university. There was just one round, on site in their office in Seattle for about 45 mins. Recruiters were prompt and helpful throughout. They asked about my experience, favorite programming language, abstraction, and polymorphism. Interviewer was cooperative and helpful. It was my first interview so I was a little over the place. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Shuffling an array (deck of cards). Parsing a string of words and printing in descending order of frequency which word occurs how many times (format: word frequency).   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Scoring an interview with CDK Global wasn't too hard. Their representatives were very friendly and offered me an interview immediately at a career fair. The first interview itself went very well. They asked me primarily behavioral questions and general questions about my technical experience/background. I'm waiting to hear back from them after the first interview. I believe if that went well, there is one more phone interview (primarily technical) and that's about it.

Interview Questions

• What is a pointer? What is a terminal? What is passing by address vs. value vs. reference?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy just talk about marketing will work with college students do not have to come to the office. They will like you if you really hit home about marketing toward people, and really its just you have to sell yourself to the company like most interviews no hard questions at all.

Interview Questions

• What is marketing and how do you view marketing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

from application to offer was over 2 months. I had a phone interview and was required to do coding as part of the interview via screen share. What made the interview helpful was the manager. He was helpful, engaging and friendly. Put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Please describe how you would code a stack   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Got an interview by talking to recruiter at career fair. Two interview rounds so far, in-person and phone. Fair mix of behavioral and technical questions. Interviewer was friendly and it didn't take long.

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

6 Oct 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience with CDK Global.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Portland, OR (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a quick technical chat at a career fair and was scheduled for a full interview for the same time. The full in-office interview was less than an hour long and mainly was a behavioral interview. They asked questions about me and about my various projects. It was very low pressure and the interviewer seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. They did not ask overly-technical questions and mainly focused on culture fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite project you worked on and why?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite part of the stack to work in   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied to both online and through a campus career fair. Met and spoke with current Software Engineers about the position. Scheduled an on campus interview the following week. The on campus interview was with two Software Engineers that asked behavioral questions to get to know you, and to give you more information on the company and the position. They asked questions related to your resume. Was not considered for the next interviews. Upon questioning why, they did not respond. Poor communication.

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

12 Jan 2017 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us for a summer internship. We apologize for the lack of response. We work hard to respond to every candidate in a timely manner. We will work to... More

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Be prepared for a full day of interviews. This process was new to me, so bring a lunch if they don't tell you one is provided. You'll meet with 1-2 people at a time in about 45 minute increments for the duration of the day. It provides a well-rounded picture for the employer, but can be grueling for the interviewee if not ready.

Luckily, my interview was at the end of the day because of my schedule, but I've since been on the other side of the table, and I know my experience was not the norm.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in five years?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They extended a much more generous offer than anticipated so I accepted after just considering for a few hours. To add a cherry on top, rather than offer the signing bonus originally mentioned, they decided to increase the offered salary by that amount (but regularly for each year, which was better than a one-time bonus).

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a simple interview process. They required you to submit several writing samples for the kind of SEO content you would populate into the content of a page. They also asked you to assess a page for its SEO and for you to write what changes you would make to improve it. The in-person interview process was a lot less intensive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've had working with someone and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was a basic screening with a recruitment specialist. I received the call pretty quickly after submission of my application (within a few days). This call was probably about 15 minutes and they did ask me what salary I was looking for, so that's something to be prepared for.

I was then requested to take a personality/IQ test. I think they said it would take 20 minutes... but it was more like an hour+. There's math on there, so you might want to brush up a bit if it's been a while. Calculators are not allowed and I think part of what they are measuring is honesty. This test is a pain but I'm glad that people have to take it as it does help considerably with company culture.

After they reviewed my personality/IQ test, I received a call to set up an in-office interview. The view is beautiful if you are coming on a sunny day in particular. It was a Friday and associates were lined up for Cheer30 - free food and social time. This gave me a pretty good feel for the company culture. My interview started with two people and then a 3rd replaced them. Most of the questions were similar so you may need to repeat yourself a bit but all in all I think it went well. They are really looking for people who are a fit for the position and company culture, so be natural but professional and it will be best for everyone. Most questions are behavioral in nature so be prepared with lots of examples of your work and thinking process.

Following the successful interview I had to have a drug test (required for everyone) and they ran my background check. The background check is pretty detailed, particularly when it comes to work history. I believe they gave me an offer before running these things but it was contingent on their success.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had too much to do and were working on a deadline. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay they offered me was on the high end of my requested salary, so I did not negotiate.