CDW Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated 4 Feb 2016

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview process was relatively quick and simple. My recruiter helped me with every step along the way during the hiring process and was very easy to work with. Warning, you will need to pass a drug screen and background check before you're able to accept an offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL (US)).

Interview

A recruiter from Robert half contacted me for this position...i had an interview with the recruiter, 1 phone interview and then 2 FF interviews with managers from CDW. It was a pretty easy interview, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding my education and recent experience.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter over the phone first, who did an initial screening and phone interview. I was then brought in for an in-person interview. The process took about an hour. The interviewer asked me to describe real situations which applied to my experience in sales. They also presented scenarios I could face while working there and asked what my response would be.

Interview Questions

• This job involves a lot of cold-calling. How will you handle the high possibility of rejection?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Conducted two phone calls and then a panel interview with three members of the team. Being a new position, there was a lot of room to work in my experience. We discussed my background and what would be required in the first 90 days of employment with the company. Altogether, I was very impressed with the experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a job outside your preview that you took up?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter to set up a phone screen followed by a face to face with the hiring manager. Recruiter covered some of the history of the company as well as some of the expectations for the role helping to ensure that it would be a good fit. He also gave me time to think about the position as it would be a salary cut initially and wasn't pushy at all about it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to convince someone that what you offered was right for them despite initial objection.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter phoned me 2 days later. Spoke briefly on the phone for about 20 mins regarding the requirements of the job, info about the company, my aspirations etc...We concluded the interview with a follow up email planning to have another more in depth interview. Second phone convo was about 40 mins long. Concluded with an appointment with a hiring manager for another interview. Offered, but declined. The base pay is low, especially since they seem to furnish their commission averages a bit higher than what is actually realistic. Good company, not for me.

Interview Questions

• "If a customer sees an "HP 123 Printer" at the competitor's website, and CDW cannot achieve a lower price....how do you persuade and keep the customer as a client."   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through company website. Received a call to confirm interest. Set up phone interview. About an hour long interview. Stated that I would receive an email with the next steps if they decide to make a formal offer. Expecting that contact to occur within the next couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Question regarding selling a printer to someone that isn't interested and if they do become interested, they will buy from my competitor.   Answer Question

PPM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied online via CDW website. Phone interview with recruiter. In person interview with two managers. Final in person interview with department director. Offer came the following week. Overall smooth process, the recruiter was great about keeping in touch throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions, position specific technical questions   Answer Question

Service Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

3 interviews prior to offer. Recruiter, Supervisor/Manager, Panel of IT professionals. Recruiter interview was typical overview of the position and to answer any questions. Super/Mgr interview was more in-depth on the position requirements and answer any questions. Panel interview involved behavioral questions and lasted 60 minutes. Offer was made a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you did not meet a client’s expectation. What happened, and how did you attempt to rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Partner Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

First I did a phone interview with someone from HR, and she asked questions to see if I fit the role. Then she got back to me about 3 weeks later to interview in person with several managers in one visit, (but separately, not panel style). After one more phone interview, a week later HR contacted me with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult client/partner, how did you handle that? What is your proudest career accomplishment so far?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.