Cactus Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Cactus Communications Interview Questions

Interviews at Cactus Communications

Interview

Just a translation of small paragraph of the portion of the paper's abstract. It was pretty easy. If you have some knowledge in the academia then it should not be a problem.

Translator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cactus Communications (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was asked to translate a paragraph and the required time was 300 minutes. It was from a foreign language to English.I was asked to translate a paragraph and the required time was 300 minutes. It was from a foreign language to English.

Scientific Writer Interview

Interview

There was one round of telephonic interview followed my few assessments. The interview over the telephone was was not that difficult however the assignments given had few tricky questions. Most of them assess your command over the English language.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cactus Communications (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was rubbish. Not an interview, but it was an editing test very shabbily prepared by someone living in India. The entire test was itself filled with errors - how can that be even an editing test if your questions are incorrect, poorly phrased, and grammatically wrong? This entire company is bogus. if you are living in the US or Europe, why would you even work for it that pays a few dollars a hours - multiple times lower than minimum wage?

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Not even a single question was difficult. In fact, all questions were wrong and ridiculously full of grammatical errors.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cactus Communications.

Interview

I had to take two tests: one grammar test and one editing test of a 7-page medical journal article, which was difficult. No interview. I was accepted, but they offered me a pay rate of $2.50 per page, which is insulting. I would have averaged about $4 per hour, half of the minimum wage in my state.

Freelancer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cactus Communications (Johannesburg, CA (US)).

Interview

Online test was conducted which required editing of grammatical and factual errors. It was very involved and covered a wide range of topics. The whole test took 90 minutes although it was stated the average test take took 60 minutes.

Medical Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cactus Communications (College Station, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Take an online test, receive a job offer with details regarding compensation. Of note, compensation is difficult to measure as it is variable according to your current QI (quality index.)

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cactus Communications in July 2019.

Interview

After my online application, I was contacted through email and asked to do an editing test of about 500 words. The text was rather poorly written and required extensive editing. I passed the editing test and they scheduled a Skype interview with me.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work holidays and weekends?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cactus Communications in June 2019.

Interview

There was a screening test for editing skills, following a MCQ test. After the editing test, I had a Skype interview. The interview was good with standard questions, explaining responsibilities and expectations.

Interview Questions

• How long can you commit to this position?   1 Answer

Science Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cactus Communications (Portland, OR (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

First answer a 10 question multiple choice about very basic grammar and sentence structure. I answered all correctly and was then given a few paragraphs to edit.
    Overall the interview was straightforward. It took a bit of time but if you're applying for an editorial position there's no reason to complain about that.
    I was not offered a position in the end. They claim they won't give you any feedback so they can reuse the test, however the 'test' consists of paragraphs from an already published article which they give you the link for in the interview. All I can say is I hope the work they edit is in better shape than that journal article, because that article is written horribly - full of grammatical errors, poor sentence structure, and parts that just make absolutely no sense. Honestly, I'm shocked that paper was accepted to any English-language journal.

However, after I finished applying I read up on the company through Glassdoor and other websites, and it seems the average pay is ~$3/hr and that editors are treated like garbage, so I think maybe I dodged a bullet here.

Interview Questions

• Send several paragraphs to edit that were written in absolutely horrible English. Also, multiple choice questions that included "Choose the sentence with incorrect punctuation" and similar such questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.