Canadian Natural Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Canadian Natural Resources Interview Questions

Interviews at Canadian Natural Resources

2.8

Interview

Applied online through CNRL's career site in late May for the September work term (8 months). Received a phone call about three weeks later from HR Recruiter to set up an phone interview with the department manager and supervisor who I would be working with. Questions were all behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• - What do you know about CNRL? Why do you want to work here?
      - What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      - Tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself and how you went about achieving it
      - Where do you see yourself 3-5 years from now?
      - When was a time you had a problem with a team member/co-worker? How did you resolve it?
      - When was a time you were under pressure/faced a tight schedule and what did you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Typical HR boilerplate interviews, asking the same questions that are a dozen years old. No basic courtesies offered - I was kept waiting 30 minutes, no offer of a drink or opportunity to hang up my coat. Interviews usually with >1 person, then usually a second given with higher management if you pass the first interview. Poor attempt was made to make you feel comfortable, which properly predicted that it isn't a 'kind and gentle' place to work.

Interview Questions

• All were pretty standard. Nothing creative or weird - pretty old school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not particularly open to negotiation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

We were bought by CNRL, no job interview needed. They just had meetings between each person and the leaders to find a fit for everyone. From there they placed people based on their experience and need.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Human rescources person and process engineer video interviewed me. They were very conversational and happy. Posed interesting questions and gave feedback on my responses that adied greatly in moving into next questions.

Interview Questions

• strengths, weaknesses, times leadership was shown, mechanicalk skills shown in my personal life, saefty q's   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later then had an online interview with hiring managers and human resources. The interview experience was pretty normal, pretty standard interview questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Interview process began at the end of the summer student / internship role, in the last month. Interviewed with the VP of Production and an HR representative. They asked a variety of questions based on the STAR interview method, with lots of questions allowing me to give examples of past work history to illustrate my skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

I applied online and through college or university job fair. Then called for an interview, then asked for references, then received an offer. Lots of behavioral questions and just a couple of technical questions related to my resume.

Electrical Engineer Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got a reply for an interview a few days later. The interview was a video interview with the hiring manager and an engineer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Standard interview process. I found the managers, HR, and director very friendly and represented the company well. However, it took a long time to hear about the job. Thankfully, I had contact information and was able to get in touch with the company.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

IS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Submitted online through company website, waited 2 weeks, HR emailed me, setup a phone call, conducted Behavioral and Technical Questions, phone and onsite interview, heard a week later

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.