Cancer Research UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Cancer Research UK Interview Questions

Interviews at Cancer Research UK

2.8

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

Very friendly
    Smart questions
    Very open to feedback

Had some case scenarios to fill in and discuss with interviewers, who were very nice

Talked about previous experience, gaps in CV, usual stuff. Then they got back to me fairly quickly, which was helpful

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Birmingham, AL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

They called it assessment day, which consist of a one-hour presentation from the CCUK, following with an out-door assessment in about 20-30 minutes and a 15-minute - interview. There were about 7-8 candidates and the team was very nice and supportive.

Interview Questions

Interview

Friendly interview - it required a short presentation on a topic of my choice followed by 5 or 6 questions covering key competencies relating to the role to assess my suitability.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a statistical concept clearly to someone without a statistical background?   Answer Question

Events Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK in February 2020.

Interview

Really nice team. The process involved an online application. The actual interview day involved a practical task and communication task, then an interview with a panel of two.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and was invited for an interview via email a couple of days later for the following week. It was a two person panel, both nice and friendly. I found the questions quite random really and stating ‘I’m going to ask another boring question’ so if they’re boring, change them!

I chased up for interview feedback as I wasn’t contacted by the end of the week and was told a decision still hadn’t been made. Almost two weeks later and I still haven’t heard anything. I think at least letting people know they weren’t successful and offering feedback is the minimum to be expected. I certainly expected more from CRUK to be honest.

Thankfully I attended another interview at another charity and was offered the job the same day!

Interview Questions

Cancer Research UK Response

30 Jan 2020 – Talent Acquisition Partner

We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t receive feedback following your recent interview. It’s hugely important to us that we provide all of our candidates with a positive experience during the recruitment process and we strive to ensure all candidates are contacted following their interview. We would really appreciate it if you could provide us with some further details so that we can look into what happened. Please contact us directly at recruitment@cancer.org.uk

SCIENTIFIC OFFICER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

They invited me for face to face interview with a panel of 3 experts.
    The interview went very well
     You need to read about different research groups who work in that institute regardless of the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly based on my presentation and some personality questions   1 Answer

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interviewers were really friendly, I thought I got on with them quite well. They made me really comfortable and relaxed. In terms of questions, there were no trick questions. I felt they asked really good questions that I was able to answer even if I did not prepare for it.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

The interview process was really relaxed. They allowed me time to collect my thoughts and were really focused on making me feel comfortable, unlike some places where they try to trip you up with the questions.

Interview Questions

• A scenario based question in which I had to arrange tasks based on importance.   Answer Question

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Was introduced via a recruitment firm, after a few emails back and forth, I had a call with another Lead Developer, followed by a video call with another Lead Developer and the Director of Engineering, followed by an onside meeting with a number of team members.

It was a great amount of fun.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

1 area manager and 1 senior manager and you have a private interview, before placement you'll be given a tester day to see the reality of charity retail. Sorting stock, meeting volunteers and serving customers at the checkout.

Interview Questions

• Speak to your experience, understand the vision of CRUK and a knowledge of fashion trends.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.