Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Capital One Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

4,543 Interview Reviews

3.1

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Application > Behavioral > Case Interview > Power day. Everyone was so friendly and the campus recruiter was incredibly responsive. Between my Behavioral and Case was one of the summits they hosted which sort of gave you a "fast-pass" into the cases since you already had to apply for the summit.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you made a decision and had to go back on it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Asked debug question and case study in three different parts. Got an on campus interview and recruited reached out afterwards to tell no offer. Unfortunate, but onto the next adventure and work avenue. Tough time all around

Interview Questions

• Merger with brick and mortar bank and online credit card company   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First point of contact was with a recruiter, she asked questions to see if I would be a good fit for the role. Next was an online assessment including practice role tasks and a behavioral questionnaire. I moved onto two phone interviews the next week with the team leads. They gave positive feedback the end of week, so the following week I was offered the position, contingent on a background check based on the FDIC section 19 standards. I am officially hired and will start with the next training group in a couple of months. Recruiters are there every step with any questions and total time for my process was 26 days, but I’m sure that time will vary for everyone’s different experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had a difficult situation and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had An interview with capital for Software engineer Job.They Mostly asked question based on scenario based .They asked How You can create apple music app and How you will Devide the application into small part.

Interview Questions

• 1>Write a Program for Array   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Very standard interview process, first round: phone screen with HR, then a phone case interview - pretty standard case, you can find case interview example on COF website; then I was invited to on campus interview - two cases and two behavioral - 4 interviews in the morning; then candidate who made it to the "final", will had a conversation - a mix of case and behavioral with a VP+ in the afternoon.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Behavioral -> Case -> Technical
    I think the interviewers were professional and made the process go very smoothly. The most challenging part is the case interview since it is the only one you cant really study for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Round1: Phone interview with a recruiter/HR.
    Round2: An online, automated, assessment via Hacker Rank.
    Round3: A three hour interview with three different people, back to back via Zoom. No break.
    Round4: An interview with a manager via Zoom.
    It was awful. I withdrew my application. For round 3 they send an email saying your interview could be any time between 9:00AM and 5:00pm. They send you another email the day before the interview of what exact time it is. Who thought 3 hours of back to back interviews was a good idea? I didn't get a break. The fourth interview was supposed to happen the same day round 3 but the interviewer rescheduled and I wasn't notified.

Interview Questions

• Encrypt the data in this list without changing the order of the elements.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Process took 2 week. There was a series of 4 interviews in a single day. 3/4 interviewers were great. The final interviewer was very arrogant like he had something to prove. Asked absurd questions like lifecycle of Spring bean expecting textbook definitions. He kept asking a question, going on mute, and texting. It was clearly obvious he was not paying attention.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the lifecycle of a Spring Bean.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

This has been the worst interview experience I have ever had in my 7+ years of PM interviewing. I interviewed twice with Capital One, first time was in March 2020 where I was contacted by the recruiter, after our initial call I was supposed to have a follow up with the hiring manager but no response from the recruiter. I followed up with the recruiter over the period of 4 weeks and no response at all, I assumed I just fell through the cracks.

Fast forward to July 2020 I get contacted by the same recruiter for a different Product Manager role (ignores our first encounter) and schedules a call with the hiring manager. Again I send a follow up email regarding my application but looks like I am ghosted again. This has been a terrible experience and I will never apply to such a dysfunctional organization.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Three interviews: Case, Behavioral, Technical.
    Case asked about online banking and to debug some code, technical asked leetcode easy and medium and OOP design question. For behavioral only 3 questions which are on Glassdoor. Thought case and behavioral were easy, but technical was a little tough.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.