Capital One Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5,162 of over 5.2K interviews

Recruiter11%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA)

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and we initially had a good discussion about my qualifications and background. She set up an initial discussion with the hiring manager before scheduling me for their product power day. During the multiple interviews we went through product design, analyst/quantitative case and product skills. A couple of the interviewers were good and informative about company culture while others were flat and unapproachable. The process itself felt unnecessarily rigid, and it seems they are a highly matrix organization which can be limited to career growth. Remember, the candidate is interviewing you as well. Not surprisingly, even though the interviewers said I did well, I heard nothing from the recruiter. It is very rude and disrespectful to put candidates through these types of interviews and not provide them with basic feedback and opportunities to further clarify any misinterpretations. This is consistent with other reviews on the interview process. No thank you.

Interview Questions
  • Product innovation; Quantitative case using break even analysis; Describe a product you have implemented
    Answer Question

Capital One

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Recruiter, meeting with C-suite to get more details, case study, full day panel. I had some good rounds with people and thought there was positive feedback, but the recruiter ghosted me and it's going on two weeks since we last talked and I haven't heard anything after following up. What a poor way to treat candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about my experience and background. Case study on one of their products.

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

First round: OA(some mathematics and statistics questions) Second round: take home challenge(which is about real estate market analysis) Third round: onsite. Several case studies, which test your mathematics ability, problem solving skills.Some behavior questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Interview process comprise an online assessment and full day interview including case study, behavioral and job fit for the role. Full day interview was a pleasant process. Everyone was welcoming and nice. Full day interview will take 6+ hours and will require you to take one day of personal leave and day wasted if you do not receive an offer. Additionally, HR provided feedback that an offer is not in scope due to lack of technical skills when the role does not require heavy technical skills. Sensed feedback was not honest and on that note, it may not be worth your time to interview with the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. Basic questions. Research the posting first and you'll do fine. The phone interview is a cake walk, just asking general questions about how well you work with others etc

Interview Questions
  • What interests you in the position?

Capital One

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Passed the technical assessment and was invited for full day virtual onsite. Two behavioral interviews went well and typical behavioral questions. The interviewers were professional. The case interviewer constantly turned off their video and audio after asking a question and while I was speaking. They did not pay any attention to what I was saying. At some point they forgot that they were muted. And then they were busy on their phone or computer. Complete lack of professionalism. The two technical interviewers were very junior and asked questions which typically no one uses in real life. They were not interested in discussing my experience and what value I could bring to the company. Instead they had a pretty well conceived bias and were looking to hear only one perspective. Capital One said sent an email saying they are moving with other candidates, If this company valued people the least they could do is to provide feedback. After all they made me take a day off from my regular day / work to attend the whole day of virtual onsite. My take away was the interview process is indicative of the company's work culture.

Interview Questions
  • Have you had a conflict with another employee or direct report?

Capital One

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

I was a pre-identified as a contractor candidate which required minimal interviews. After 6 months of being a contractor at Capital One you can convert to a full-time associate without going through their rigorous interview process which is usually a first interview, then a power day of job fit, portfolio review and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Process was smooth; recruiter was very helpful and nice throughout the process. Started with a phone screen with the recruiter, then was sent a HackerRank. If you are successful on the HackerRank, you get to move on to the Power Day (final interview). Interviewed with 4 people on Power Day (1 System Design, 1 leetcode style, 1 Case, 1 Behavorial).

Interview Questions
  • 1. Given a string and character, determine how many times that character appears in the string 2. Design a smart meter system for an apartment complex
2 people found this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

I completed the Power Day. Four interviews: two behavioral, one job-fit, and one case. Each behavioral interview is three questions. Prepare scenarios beforehand so you can match them to the questions the interviewer asks. The case was so much easier than expected. Basic multiplication, didn't even need any formulas. Everyone was extremely kind and welcoming.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you or someone else suggested an idea and you needed to sell it to another person.

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Discriminatory, condescending , clumsy, one-size-fit all one-day long process, where the last person was falling asleep, the first person came late and spent another 15 minutes cleaning-up coffee that he had dropped on himself. The VP who took me to lunch, who also teaches at Georgetown, was full of himself and did not like the fact that I had not heard of Cava, which is where he took me. They ask you to do a case study. One of my friends who successfully runs a 2 early childhood centers did a presentation on his business model - somehow tied it to the case that was asked. He was denied because the interviewer said he did not know about his presentation (he learnt this feedback from an employee who had referred him). They are full of themselves. But so were so many more large companies before them who are no more.

Interview Questions
  • Doesn't matter. It seems that made personality judgement quickly and the interview went from there.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 5,162 Interviews