Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

1,994 Interview Reviews

2.7

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a little strenuous yet they tried to make it comfortable. When they say to pick whatever topic you like to speak on, they actually mean it! Use the STAR method to answer. Situation Task Action Resolution.

Interview Questions

• How did I deal with a team member that was not listening to instructions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for position and was invited for a phone interview the next day. I had my phone interview with a very nice lady and it lasted about 20 minutes. She reviewed my resume and asked me simple questions about my past experiences, then went on to several behavioral questions. Three days later, I was invited to attend Experience Cerner Day- all expenses paid for. It was a wonderful experience. They flew me in, and reserved a room for me in the Presidential Hilton hotel. The next day, they gave us a one hour tour of Kansas City, then brought us to Cerner's world headquarters for our interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through a referral from an alumni of my college. I was contacted for a phone interview and was immediately asked to come for a final interview during the phone call. The final interview is part of what they call Experience Cerner Day. It's a series of two interviews (30 and 45 minutes) - they two interviewers were project managers and they each asked 2-3 behavioral questions. The second interview ended with a 10-15 minute presentation on a topic of my choice - the goal is to get a feel for your presentation style/ability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to facilitate a process of change.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was by phone and follow-up interview on site at Kansas City location. The interview was straightforward and expected questions. Basic review of skills and onsite interview with multiple personnel. Very relaxed environment. Would suggest this to anyone interested in working for a great company. Enjoyed the process but not sure its the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions concerning resume, experience and background. Required short presentation at the end of the process to access organizational and presentation skills.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First you have a phone interview, which mine latest about 30 minutes, I was invited to a in personal interview the follow week. For the in person interview I was interviewed by three different people each thirty minutes long. At the end of my last interview I had to give a presentation on process improvement initiative.

Interview Questions

• Majority of behavioral question. If you're unfamiliar with STAR when answering behavioral questions if would be best to refresh your memory.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not much negotiating took place for me because I was offered more than the initial amount we had discussed.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in October 2016.

Interview

I got an email asking for a Phone interview after a week or so if applying online. 2 weeks later I had a phone interview with them. You then ask to go in person for the next step if they like your phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: such as why you chose your degree? What do you like about our company? Where do you see yourself in 5-10yrs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied and heard back to set up a phone interview. The Recruiter was very friendly and easy to talk to asked basic HR questions and then one behavioral question. Invited to Experience Cerner Day during phone interview and she explained everything that would happen that day. I attended ECD and it was awesome! They were so accommodating Thursday night went on KC tour and dinner to ask other consulting Analyst about the job and questions. We were free to do as we pleased after the dinner and tour. Next morning breakfast was provided at the hotel and they bussed us to World HQ. There was a presentation and then they sent us to individual rooms for interviews. You have 2 30 minute interviews both which are so conversational and easy to talk to. There is nothing to stress as long as you looked through Glassdoor questions. The second interview you give your presentation at the end (it's just in front of one person) and they don't care about the topic just wanting to see if u are able to present in front of somebody. Then they provided us with lunch in the cafeteria and more Analyst were there to answer questions. We then went on a tour of the fitness and physicians office at WHQ. Came back and there was another presentation. And then they took us to our cars for us to head home. They said we would hear back in 2 weeks. But I heard back within a week and half.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a risky situation
      Tell me about a time you over achieved
      Tell me about a time you under achieved
      Go through everyone's on Glassdoor and you will be fine. No questions caught me off guard   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then I had an email for a scheduled phone interview. They had liked my information that I had provided and then they flew me out to Kansas City, MO for an in person interview.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in November 2016.

Interview

I recently applied for this position online and received a phone call by appointment. The recruiter was very nice and very flexible with my busy work schedule. She was very informed about the company and gave me a run down of how the process would work if I were to get the position.
    I am still awaiting to go interview in person, as it is coming up this December. I have not accepted/Declined any offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to teach a process to a new set of faculty/peers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

First, I spoke to an on campus recruiter. Within the next week I was contacted by the recruiter by email and offered an opportunity to travel to Kansas City to interview on-site at Cerner headquarters. They flew me out to KC and that night we had a tour of the city and a networking dinner. The next day we were taken to the campus. In the morning we had our interviews.

There were two interviews. The first interviewer I had was a younger woman, and she was super laid back and only asked me about 3 questions from the packet of questions that she had in front of her. The rest of the time we talked about normal things and life in general. The next interviewer was an older woman, and she asked me two questions off of every page in the packet (so about 6-7 questions) and was much more serious than the other woman who had interviewed me. At the end of the second interview, you are asked to give a 10-15 minute presentation on a topic of your choice. I brought notecards, but they are not required. Be prepared to answer questions throughout your presentation.

Overall, I had a great experience intervewing with Cerner. They got back to me with an offer within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with change, and how did you handle it?
      Tell me about a time that you had to solve a difficult problem   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.