Cobham Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Cobham Interview Questions

Interviews at Cobham

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cobham (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Scheduling was a bit tedious, however after talking with an HR representative, the time and date was confirmed with the option to reschedule in case anything happens.

I interviewed with the tax director for an hour. Everything was great, she was very nice and our conversation was excellent sharing our experiences and knowledge. I was a bit overqualified for the position but because of the pandemic I was looking for any opportunity. However, I asked how long the position has been opened, she replied it was around six months. (I was thinking in my head, that it a pretty long time for a position to be open). But I understood they made cutbacks because of Covid-19 and were looking to rebuild the department.

During the three weeks afterward, I had to email twice to follow up on the position, the HR representative said they will get back to me at the end of the day, but she never did. At the end of the three weeks, I received a generic email stating they are pursuing other candidates. To summarize my experience, everyone was nice, but it did not seem they knew what they wanted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and you experiences (on your resume).   1 Answer

Production Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cobham (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Take 5
    Assesment test, get graded and then get interviewed.
    Backround and drug testing is done after interview.
    Offer letter of employment is given afterwards.

Assesment test consists of soldering, using a computer, and using the microscope.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Can you be a team player?
      Is commuting going to be difficult for you?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cobham in January 2020.

Interview

2.5 hour interview, meet with Hiring manager and a few engineers and take a dexterity test. Just review your resume to be applicable to the job. Study the RF behind the interview.

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Cobham (Davenport, IA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Most ridiculous interview process I’ve ever run into. Received a phone call to schedule a phone call, the scheduled phone call came in late even though we spent 20 minutes coordinating it. Then I received an email that they wanted to schedule a 30 minute phone call and they requested my availability for a phone call, I gave my availability and received an email scheduling a phone call during hours I was not available. After a flurry of emails I just made it work and took the call. Was moved to the next round for an on site interview. Was told multiple times that this time my time would be respected when the interview was scheduled. Again get asked for my availability by email (which hasn’t changed from the first two times I sent it). Received another flurry of emails, this time two different email threads with two different HR reps scheduling two different times. Was told it would be a 90 minute interview, but then was emailed an hour long assessment and told I’d need to take another hour long assessment when I arrived. At this point I’d been applying/interviewing with them for about six weeks and my grandmother passed away. I emailed the HR reps and explained that I needed to change the interview. Not so much as a “sorry for your loss” in the response email, just “we’ll go with another candidate”. Likely a bullet dodged by not ending up here. If it’s that difficult to schedule an interview I cannot imagine how hard it would be to schedule something while working there.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cobham (Buffalo, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The process was very simple, only involved a few questions and was about half an hour long. It was straightforward and the questions were just about my past experiences with engineering in school. The interview was just generally going over my resume and my transcript, discussing some experiences in classes a bit as well.

Human Resources Business Partner Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansdale, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cobham (Lansdale, PA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The position was posted in October on 2018. It was about at 6 month process, phone interview from HR manager for about one hour pluse several discussions with the recruiter for the position. I had an interview on site with a panal and the HR Manager, then crickets for about one month. emailed several times no response. They do not seem to care about communication with the applicants.

Inspector Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cobham in December 2018.

Interview

Easy to answer interview questions focused on organization of assigned tasks. You will take a wonderlic test. There is a mandatory security clearance for this position which will review your credit history and any criminal background.

Electrician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cobham (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with a recruiter from HR, then there was an aptitude test followed by a panel interview which was followed up the next day with a call to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Experiances that would help me work In a diverse environment   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cobham (Lancaster, PA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Job interview was extremely long. Met with half a dozen engineers. Some more senior some less some from different technology areas. Areas covered ranged from the very basic to the very intricate areas of rf.

Interview Questions

• Despite what the website might look like and any information information that you might read, this is basically a sub system environment that is very, very, very simulation and modeling dependent.   Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cobham in June 2018.

Interview

I had to complete a video clip interview (where you answer 10 questions video 2-minute video recordings of yourself), which was somewhat tricky given that you had 30 seconds to prepare.
    Then I moved onto two basic skills tests (English and Math), which were extremely easy.
    The next step was a phone conference call interview, but the company has screwed up twice in getting me the details (not sending me the information and/or sending me the wrong information), so I'm pretty fed up with their seeming lack of quality assurance in this process. No offer yet because I haven't finished the process, but I'm seriously asking myself why I'd work for a company that is this bad in getting me the information I need to interview with them. What does that say about the company in general?

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a software or skill you've learned that inspired you, and how does it apply to Cobham?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.