Coles Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

2.2

Sort:

Space Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Coles (Melbourne) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruitment company, then I had a face to face interview with the managers I work with. It was quick and simple process honestly.

Interview Questions

• My previous experiences and stakeholders I worked with.   1 Answer

Night Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coles.

Interview

Was given a code to apply for the position, must have been shortlisted from a previous application because received a call for an interview straight away. Interview was with the current general manager, with all straight forward questions. Good easy part time job.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coles (Melbourne) in October 2018.

Interview

Very poor process, I applied online for a Web Developer role and was contacted a few days later over the phone by someone who didn't quite understand the role. This was apparent as I asked questions about what languages and processes are used at Coles but they couldn't answer these and told me they will follow it up with the Development team and contact me soon.

One week went by, so I contacted Coles and got a response, that they are waiting for an answer from the team, I continued to email them on a weekly basis and would receive similar answers, until I was told that the recruiter dealing with it has switched roles, and the new one will contact me.

Overall, I never received an answer as to what languages they use, I did receive an automated "sorry the job has been filled email" around 2 and a half months later. It was a very unprofessional experience and I would expect more from a company as large as Coles. I'm not sure what they base their recruiting on as it appears asking a question may have put me out of consideration for a job that I was very qualified for.

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Brisbane).

Interview

There was a large group interview away from the store with applications being filled out. Then I was called back for a smaller group interview after a few days.
    The group interview involved working together to present a new product 'we had developed'.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you dealt with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coles (Perth, Western Australia) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and then got invited to assessment center. We sat in groups, there was a presentation video and then we were asked to introduce ourselves and also give departmental preferences. Later on in session we had to brainstorm and complete group activities, they are looking for people who show initiative and work well in groups.

Interview Questions

• - Why you want to work here?
      - Guess the price of certain products.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Adelaide) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to a group interview with 50 other persons. There was a second group session to be held after. Was then invited for a 1 on 1 interview but not for my preferred department.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Melbourne) in February 2015.

Interview

they just sat down with me, talked about the job and we discussed this over coffee, it's a great place and they manager was super chilled, I loved it, twas amazing hunni would reccomend

Anonymous Employee in Surfers Paradise

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coles (Surfers Paradise) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on the 20th of March to Coles Surfers Paradise, and got an invitation to a group interview on the 29th. I arrived 15 mins early in business attire (a nice button shirt and black pants, formal shoes, hair tied back). And went up to the customer service desk. No one else showed up to the group interview, so it was more like a short single interview. Cyclone Debbie had just hit Queensland and there was rain and wind. I assume that's why no one else showed up. They went though my resume and asked about my skills and experience.

They offered me the job on the spot and invited me to the inauguration take following Monday (which is yet to happen). Because of my experience with subway after the Easter period (when they need more cashiers) they are going to move me to the Deli.

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was good. Management seemed to be nice and friendly. I had a friend who was already working at the store who gave me some tips which was helpful.
    The interview took 20 minutes overall.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Melbourne) in May 2016.

Interview

Dynamic and fun, you'll really enjoy the AC. Even if you're not successful, it's a valuable learning opportunity. Be yourself and relax. Half the day is group work, so use it as an opportunity to network, you never know when you'll run into these people again, so make a good impression- be nice! The assessors aren't all just People and Culture team, so do yourself a favor and be impressionable and friendly, they could be your managers if you get in.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.